IGNORED

Recommend Me Music In The Same Style Of...

Guest kokyu

Guest kokyu

Heavy stuff with melodies-ish. E.g. Linkin Park (shut up, they're good) and Staind are the two most thematically appropriate to what I'm looking for. Also, anything resembling Foo Fighters, Nirvana (you can see I like to wander far from the mainstream here), things you could hum along to, rather than just absorb noise.

I plan for this to be a series of topics, next up: lilting acoustic guitar songs.

Heavy stuff with melodies-ish. E.g. Linkin Park (shut up, they're good) and Staind are the two most thematically appropriate to what I'm looking for. Also, anything resembling Foo Fighters, Nirvana (you can see I like to wander far from the mainstream here), things you could hum along to, rather than just absorb noise.

I plan for this to be a series of topics, next up: lilting acoustic guitar songs.

the rival schools album united by fate is fantastic- Reminds me of nirvana and the foos had they come out of New York.

Sadly the band is no more afaik.

Here's some I'd recommend:

Avenged Sevenfold - Heavier than what you write down, but some superb stuff

Funeral for a Friend - Not spectacular, but pretty decent all the same

Glassjaw - Maybe not quite as melodic as you'd like, but one of the best bands EVER

Hundred Reasons - Shatterproof isn't a great album, but you may like Ideas Above Our Station

Incubus - SCIENCE, Make Yourself and Morning View are very impressive. Avoid A Crow Left of the Murder like the plague

Lostprophets - Start Something may be a bit poppy for you, but The Fake Sound of Progress is very nice

Serafin, although the lazy 'tards haven't released anything since early 2003. Get their debut album No Push Collide and listen to it without being able to skip it. Most of the songs start rubnbish and get better. Not especially heavy, but still pretty melodic and pissed-off.

Spineshank - The Height Of Callousness

Spineshank itself is a bit dead, but this album is brilliant. A bit heavier then Linkin park, but very good.

3 good songs, the rest is poor in my opinion.

Get Godsmack - Awake. Fucking awesome album, and the live dvd is aces. Some shithot percussional stuff in there.

that Rival Schools album is £3.99 in Selectadisc in nottingham. well worth picking up is it?

on topic, Sum 41 - Does This Look Infected is ace. its nothing like Sum 41 of Fat Lip fame, its all big heavy riffage and catchy choruses. Well, i think its ace. Give Static X a try, an all. Wisconsin Death Trip is the best (imo) but Shadow Zone is probably the most accessable. heavier than Linkin. THEN, if you like Static X, pick up Demanufacture by Fear Factory. Heavy As Fuck and there is some melody in there, even if it is cold, harsh crunchy guitar kinda melodic.

Poison The Well

Coheed and Cambria

The Bled

Everytime I Die

You will probably like them.

I was gonna suggest Coheed. Everytime you die are Converge-y aren't they? A little heavier than what he was suggesting.

My Chemical Romance's Helena sounds really like Coheed.

I was gonna suggest Coheed. Everytime you die are Converge-y aren't they? A little heavier than what he was suggesting.

My Chemical Romance's Helena sounds really like Coheed.

Nah, Everytime I die are a lot more listenable than Converge. They are an awesome metal/hardcore type band and everyone should own their albums as they rule the riffage. Check out "I been gone a long time". I was just thinking a long the lines of heavy metal based music with understandable lyrics, but they are without a doubt a much longer shot than any of the other ones I suggested.

If you ain't heard them yet horribleman I would say pick up either of their albums. You will like them, no doubt.

You might also like Underoath, try "They're only chasing safety" (album - songs off that) as its pretty pop-emoy metal type stuff. Like Taking back Sunday but with a bit more of a kick (and not anywhere near as bad)... Lots of melodic sections too.

Nah, Everytime I die are a lot more listenable than Converge. They are an awesome metal/hardcore type band and everyone should own their albums as they rule the riffage. Check out "I been gone a long time". I was just thinking a long the lines of heavy metal based music with understandable lyrics, but they are without a doubt a much longer shot than any of the other ones I suggested.

If you ain't heard them yet horribleman I would say pick up either of their albums. You will like them, no doubt.

I got Hot Damn, but it was an impulse and I ain't listened to it much...

Yeah, the vocal style is similar. Good poppy catchy chorus. Not that I recommend 'my chemical romance' in general though....

I can't stand most of their stuff that I've heard (I'm not OK etc) but I think you're right - it's a great poppy chorus.

They played this and BYOB on the radio today while I was painting.

Yes it is. It misses out 2times the riff that comes after "lies from the tablecloth", and goes straight to the "LALALALALALA - OOhyOOH" bit.

Sounds daft after hearing the album version.

I never noticed the time changes in this, maybe too much Tool has desensitised me to that kind of thing. :lol: