IGNORED

The Trailer Park Boys

Meringue Bombe

DVD release of countdown to Liquor Day set for December 22nd in Canada. February in the States.

Mine is ordered as I've still yet to see it.

As far as I can tell there is no word on Say Goodnight to the bad guys getting a DVD release yet... I'm hoping it's packed with the film but I think that is unlikely at best.

• 2 weeks later...
:D Gonna be awesome.

But really, really sad. :( I mean, this is it, right? No more TPB after this?

From what I've read... who knows. There was talk of the show coming back minus Mike Clattenburg. Then the whole "Drunk and on Drugs happy fun time hour" show... Time will tell.

I thought the movie was okay. Not great, just good. There was loads of stuff missing that made the show so great. There wasn't a single Rickyism for instance. Not one. No 'shit' speeches from Lahey, either. And there wasn't enough of the secondary characters. Most of them only got one scene. And if that truly was the end, then that's a very disappointing ending. :(

It was pretty damn funny in parts, though. Lahey was outstanding. The guy who plays him is a physical comedy genius.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally watched this last night and whilst not classic TPB I still thought it was pretty damn funny. Bubble and Lahey especially stood out as usual as being the funniest characters. Lahey really is the best drunk on tv, you feel sorry for him yet his drunken behaviour is funny as hell. I was a bit disappointed with the lack of Rickyisms or a Lahey shit speech but it was hilarious to see Lahey go on about how 'sexy' Julian was again :P Also, seeing Julian carry about his drink is a small thing but still great especially when they

were robbing the bank and Julians walking about with his rum and coke :(

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got round to watching this today.

It's pretty good. Not stunning, not as good as the last special, not as good as any series but better than The Big Dirty. I'm kinda glad it's finished really, I think the idea has run its course for now.

Now then, I wonder when last years special is going to get a DVD release? I fancy some bonus footage and extras!

• 4 months later...
Yo folks - have never watched this show / movie before. Where is a good place to start... with 7 seasons its unlikely i'll get thru em all...

The 2006 movie? Or just season 1 and see how i get on with it?

You have to start at the beginning. It's all about the character development.

If it hooks it's teeth in, you'll fly through all seven series, and the movies, and the specials and the pilot. The longest any season goes episodes wise is 10 episodes, a lot are 6. It's hardly heavy going.

If you can start with the black and white pilot, otherwise season 1.

Do not start with either of the feature films, they fall well short of the television shows.

Yeah, neither of the films really did it for me. Say Goodnight To The Bad Guys and the Christmas Special are worth a watch (Lahey's 'drunk' acting in the latter is just incredible, the man is a genius) but apart from that the priority should be the main series. And yeah, the pilot is good too.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

So I'm watching this on Netflix (just into season 3) and it's all kinds of amaze. Hands down best joke so far has been the bit where they roll the truck towing the Airstream and Julian gets out of the upturned truck with his glass of Scotch still full. :D

I watched the first episode last night, and unless it's one of those shows where you have to watch a few episodes before it clicks, I don't think it's for me.

Is it one of those shows? I'm willing to keep trying with it, if it is. If it's something that people who like it like from the very first episode, then there's no point in me trying.