San Andreas On Xbox

mr_rmg

Out today in teh States I think. This friday over here? Maybe next friday. I've not seen any reviews yet.

I'm trying to decide whether to get the Xbox or PC version (I've already got the PS2 one). It's all going to hinge on which gets the controls right. If I can get my Xbox pad with PC adapter working perfectly on the PC version, with full analogue, I'll go for that. Being able to pillage my enourmous MP3 collection for the custom soundtrack is a big plus.

This pic from gamespot ...

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/...1_screen004.jpg

.. is presumably is meant to show off the increased draw distance on the PC version. Doesn't look too promising! :blink:

If I can get my Xbox pad with PC adapter working perfectly on the PC version, with full analogue, I'll go for that.

What software do you use for this? I had trouble with my joy box until I started using XBCD, it was plain sailing after that :-)

What software do you use for this?  I had trouble with my joy box until I started using XBCD, it was plain sailing after that :-)

Yeah, I'm using XBCD. I got everything working perfectly in the GTR demo - full analogue steering and braking. It all depends on the options within the game, though. If it doesn't want to use the second stick or the analogue function on the triggers (as was the case with Vice City), I don't think there's anything you can do.

The draw distance is huge in the game compared to the ps2 version. heres a picture to prove it.

drawdistancedifference5ua.th.jpg

Click here to see a bigger view http://img251.echo.cx/my.php?image=drawdis...fference5ua.jpg

I got it on the ps2 at launch and didnt get off the first island, not cos i couldnt or didnt want to, just never got around to it as loads of other games came out (mainly halo 2) so it'll be nice to play this on the xbox with its improved graphics. I sure do hope the two player mode is improved on the xbox version thanks to the bigger draw distance.

The draw distance is huge in the game compared to the ps2 version. heres a picture to prove it.

drawdistancedifference5ua.th.jpg

Click here to see a bigger view http://img251.echo.cx/my.php?image=drawdis...fference5ua.jpg

I got it on the ps2 at launch and didnt get off the first island, not cos i couldnt or didnt want to, just never got around to it as loads of other games came out (mainly halo 2) so it'll be nice to play this on the xbox with its improved graphics. I sure do hope the two player mode is improved on the xbox version thanks to the bigger draw distance.

I agree that the XBOX and PC versions are going to be superior when it comes to draw distance, however, why do people compare 1 incredibly high res picture, against an awful in game shot?

The PS2 San Andreas is a lovely looking game, and the above pic really doesnt do it justice...

I only picked SA up the other day on PS2, so I wont be getting it any time soon on the xbox.

looks almost identical to the ps2 distance, only 1 murky block more at the most

Get this yeah, apparently in the PC version (not sure about the xbox version for certs) if you go to the Vinewood Sign, you can see Las Venturas in the distance.

It's certainly going to look a lot better than the ps2 distance due to 3 levels of textures and the fact they are using the original hi res textures.

Its was on alt.bin.games last night but its password locked.

-_-

Shame - i DO already own the Ps2 version too (but that no excuse kids!)

- Bit concerned about it not running on an X800 - orignal runs on my 9600 Pro no problems.

It still says on their website that they'll get it to you by the day of release, which has meant the day before every time I've ordered from them.

Coo,, I'll re-order it with them then.

Christ, I've cancelled my order with Amazon, re-ordered with Play, and now I'm re-ordering with Gameplay. The simple days buying games in shops, a distant memory.

Coo,, I'll re-order it with them then.

Christ, I've cancelled my order with Amazon, re-ordered with Play, and now I'm re-ordering with Gameplay. The simple days buying games in shops, a distant memory.

NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE.