Morrowind Finished In 15 Mins

I can't wait til Oblivion.

I dunno how I should play it though; I think it will be better on a PC... but if I'm forced to pay up to a grand to get a PC good enough to play it properly, is it worth it...?

I just watched it. There's no 'cheating' as such. The player just makes hundreds and hundreds of potions.

All in all the whole video is pretty impressive. Almost makes me feel stupid for taking 60 odd hours to complete it...

I can't wait til Oblivion.

I dunno how I should play it though; I think it will be better on a PC... but if I'm forced to pay up to a grand to get a PC good enough to play it properly, is it worth it...?

I'm in a similar boat. My current PC is uber spec now, but the 360 is going to be superior in the graphics department so I may pick up the 360 version. I'm more of a joypad in front of the telly gamer anyway, so that'll probably be the clincher.

Either way, it's a Take 2 published game, so I hope to have my choice! :D

Uhm, essentially he stole some valuable stuff, sold some of it to buy herbs, then used the herbs with the rest of it to create shiteloads of potions to level his alchemy, making the potions he could make better right up to the point where he could cheaply resist all damage and fly at the speed of sound.

It's not all that impressive from my viewpoint, as clearly he only drew out a map and plan of what to do without really practising it. I applaud his insane cheapness, but anyone can do it. He was just the first one to think of it.

Personally I'm MORE impressed with him for working out a method than I would be if he'd practised and practised to do it really fast. That's something I'm increasingly finding with speed runs, that I'm not impressed any more that someone played the game loads and honed a run then eventually recorded it perfectly (they never get it on the first take). THAT is something "anyone can do". I like ones that display some intelligence - clever tricks, elegant route planning, chaining (Ikaruga, Radiant Silvergun), mind games (match videos) - not just mastery.

Getting the PC version of this now.. I have the xbox one, but after watching that vid, I wanna play it with that nice mouse-driven interface.

And without people going into funny half-interpolated animations when they're a certian distance away. Plus it looks like it doesnt really load between areas (i hate the MASSIVE loading time on xbox ports of PC games. grr)

Personally I'm MORE impressed with him for working out a method than I would be if he'd practised and practised to do it really fast. That's something I'm increasingly finding with speed runs, that I'm not impressed any more that someone played the game loads and honed a run then eventually recorded it perfectly (they never get it on the first take). THAT is something "anyone can do". I like ones that display some intelligence - clever tricks, elegant route planning, chaining (Ikaruga, Radiant Silvergun), mind games (match videos) - not just mastery.

With the map and GameFAQs though, it's really not all that ingenious.

I sound really negative about this, don't I? I'm not, it's cool, it's just I stopped playing Morrowind myself cause I ended up Stronger Than The Gods and I'm still slightly bitter.

I think there's definitely a rich vein of entertainment in this though. The game is one of the most expoitable RPGs in ages - there must be some truly amazing things you can do with the right ideas.

I'm impressed, I assume he put some time into learning how to do it, etc... rather than pop over to GameFAQs one Sunday afternoon, deciding on completing Morrowind :D

dood, you'll love the PC version mate. Go grab all the patches, extensions and stuff. I was going to put a couple of links in but Google shows this thread, on nazi-uk with a whole load of extras for the game (post #36 onwards).

Go!

Can you elaborate?

Bunnyhopping and running everywhere, spending insane amounts of cash on enchanted gear that summoned swords and armour, Constant Effect health/stamina regens... the list goes on. I was a tank, and nothing could stop me.

Not even Lord Vivec himself. The last thing he felt was my steel, warm and wet with his ancient blood. Owned.