Homebrew On Psp 1.5 Firmware

Omizzay

Can you still get the 1.5 update anywhere? I would have though Sony had got rid by now.

I don't think I could trust updates from torrent sites though...

[edit]Bah! It looks like they have got rid of it. It's nowhere to be found. Ah well.

Can you still get the 1.5 update anywhere? I would have though Sony had got rid by now.

I don't think I could trust updates from torrent sites though...

[edit]Bah! It looks like they have got rid of it. It's nowhere to be found. Ah well.

I'm not sure if you need 1.5 US or JPN but the try here

Anyone else bored with this yet?

Unsure if you mean the thread or the emulation itself so I'll go with the latter.

I am, somewhat, although the best aspect for me so far has been the ability to play 'classic' games which are now grossly overpriced in their authentic form ( I don't do emulation on the P.C with console games, feels weird and uncomfortable...like the game has lost it's soul ). For instance, tried Chrono Trigger recently and found it to be absolute generic gash, glad I didn't splash out £60/70 for that one on the basis of hype.

I've got bombjack and Mr.do! running via pspmame, in 60fps glory, however I can't work out how I can get track and field working as (according to the ridiculous company based emulator system) there is no konami version of mame.

Anyone got any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Rumours are that EU PSPs are firmware 1.52 out of the box and the 2.0 firmware is on a demo disk that comes with the PSP, which the instructions tell you to use to update to 2.0 manually

In light of this, this is just a small public service announcement to folks, to think twice before upgrading from 1.52 to 2.00

The reason is that this PSP forum claims that a homebrew hack is coming for 1.5X firmware PSPs, via a workaround that allows them to trick them into downgrading to 1.50 (not confirmed yet)