IGNORED

Playstation Portable?

MNFRMTMRRW

i should be but i keep getting pulled back in.

btw that list of yours doesn't even mention Midnight Club 3 Dub which is out this month or Infected which Sony has been touting for this Christmas, and where's the Japanese stuff, the RPG's, Monster Hunter etc ?

Please, post title with release date (and if needed, mention the region). I would be more then happy to find oud that I am missing big games in my list.

Bring them on.

I think you can cutdown that line-up with 70%. A lot of games in it have the potential, but will fail to deliver. Think about the Godfather, Tomb Raider Legends -- I just do not believe those titles are going to end-up really good -- more like average.

Anyway, I counted one role playing game. Where are the others everyone is talking about?

So no to doing that for other consoles then...

As regards the above: and then? So what? Seriously. Going back to tie ratios... And just how many games do you want to purchase for a portable gaming platform over the course of a year?

Fuck it - this is ridiculous. Not involved.

That's all I could find. I have included all titles with hit potential. I have excluded all sports franchises and license games based on movies except the Godfather and Star Wars Battlefront II. But still, this is a pis-poor line-up.

One man's meat, and all that. I was just thinking that looked like a pretty damn fine lineup. :lol:

Can't remember how good the GBA/SP's launch was. However, the point remains that the SP is, currently, IMO, a better buy than either the DS or the PSP, right now.

There seems little reason not to wait for price drops and better games, whilst enjoying the mountain of great SP games there are.

Does anyone else feel that handheld gaming is (and alwalys has been) fuelled by the younger generations?

Nintendo handhelds traditionally have been aimed at a younger clientel. Sony seem to be aiming at a market that isn't as big, i.e. older adults who perhaps dont have the time and inclination for handheld gaming that younger kids have.

As hardcore gamers we will buy both and enjoy both but the majority of youngsters (and the biggest handheld console market) will go for the cheaper console and look for the simpler, cheaper games that appeal to youngsters (Nintendogs, Pokemon).

So i'm not suprised Nintendo DS is doing better it seems to be giving the handheld market what it wants. There is still room for PSP (a hell of a lot of room) but IMO will not become the market leader Sony wanted.

I agree 500%.

99% of Gameboys were surely owned by children with the other one percent being owned by adult nerds.

99% of Gameboys were surely owned by children with the other one percent being owned by adult nerds.

Absolutely. Although, I think this is changing all the time and handhelds are becoming more popular.

I think the problem they face is price. I think GBA games are too expensive and I don't think that the average punter will understand why games for the PSP are the same price as games for the PS2. Infact, with PS2 prices as they are at the moment, they might even be more expensive. A lot of people will be expecting handheld games to be cheaper and more throwaway fun.

The PSP's expensive price point WILL put off floating buyers.

The Gameboy was a yuppie Tetris machine for ages. I think that was one of the things that prompted Sony to approach Nintendo with the idea for the Playstation.. they saw a market for console aimed at the generation who grew up with the SNES and Megadrive.

Can't remember how good the GBA/SP's launch was. However, the point remains that the SP is, currently, IMO, a better buy than either the DS or the PSP, right now.

Absolutely not. The glut of great GBA games makes the DS the best choice, since you can play the GBA games now and the DS games as and when they turn up in full force. Unless the size of the DS is enough to put you off, I can't see any reason to buy an older GBA.

assuming you havn't had a gba for years, cos there hasn't been much since, I dunno, Ninja Cop

I've ot a GBA, Sp, DS AND PSP, and guess what??

They are all sat in a draw gathering dust.

I take it you don't commute to work on the train/tube/bus then! My DS, like my GBA and my Neo Pocket have had a very thourough rinsing during my jurneys to and from work over the years couldn't travel without them

Cheers

Quexex

Please, post title with release date (and if needed, mention the region). I would be more then happy to find oud that I am missing big games in my list.

Bring them on.

so basically you've come with a list from a source which doesn't even include one of Sony's biggest titles (and that's just for starters), well done. seriously, do your homework. this really is a poor case you're attempting to argue, especially by using the PS2 for your example of "the perfect console".

I don't think that the average punter will understand why games for the PSP are the same price as games for the PS2.
they will be £25 to £30, the same as the DS. i think most people who've lived in the UK for long enough expect these prices for games. it's not exactly a shock is it ?

I take it you don't commute to work on the train/tube/bus then! My DS, like my GBA and my Neo Pocket have had a very thourough rinsing during my jurneys to and from work over the years couldn't travel without them

Cheers

Quexex

Sometimes, but I have my iRiver for that.. I prefer to sleep!

I have a massive commute at the moment. My GBA (and my SP after) barely ever got touched. As soon as I got my PSP it's been out pretty much every day.

Go figure, eh? First person to say it's because I was fearful of playing something that looks like a toy rather than the PSP is a fucking retard.

NB. Not getting into any arguments here.

I have a massive commute at the moment. My GBA (and my SP after) barely ever got touched. As soon as I got my PSP it's been out pretty much every day.

Go figure, eh? First person to say it's because I was fearful of playing something that looks like a toy rather than the PSP is a fucking retard.

NB. Not getting into any arguments here.

Is it because the PSP reminds you it's there by constantly needing charging? With the SP you could put it down and forget about it but the PSP is always in your plug socket with you needing to disconnect it.

Is it because the PSP reminds you it's there by constantly needing charging? With the SP you could put it down and forget about it but the PSP is always in your plug socket with you needing to disconnect it.

OMFGYEH LOL ROFLMFAO WTFBBQPWNED!!111!!1!1!

The PSP reminds me that I massively prefer PSP games to GBA and DS games. It's good like that.

Times I've run out of battery using my PSP: once. Why? Because I played with it on and off for several days in a row without recharging it to see how long it would last. Time taken to charge it in the evening? About 10 seconds taking it out of my bag and plugging it in. So the same as my PDA and iPod which are put to charge every night...

Big fucking deal that is. I don't know anyone other than on here who would make an issue of the battery life of the PSP.

Oh FFS I'm here again...

OMFGYEH LOL ROFLMFAO WTFBBQPWNED!!111!!1!1!

The PSP reminds me that I massively prefer PSP games to GBA and DS games. It's good like that.

Times I've run out of battery using my PSP: once. Why? Because I played with it on and off for several days in a row without recharging it to see how long it would last. Time taken to charge it in the evening? About 10 seconds taking it out of my bag and plugging it in. So the same as my PDA and iPod which are put to charge every night...

Big fucking deal that is. I don't know anyone other than on here who would make an issue of the battery life of the PSP.

Oh FFS I'm here again...

It was a joke you nuob.

It was a joke you nuob.

I had a feeling it was. But so many people go on about the battery life and it's the least significant thing I've ever seen which has been given so much attention. Truly.

What's a nuob? A n00b with one of its eye's winking?

The PSP is unlike the PS2 in that it pretty easy to make stuff for. Devlopment times should be much lower for the PSP than ps2 games.

Eh?

Not if we're expecting PS2 quality stuff like the GTAs, Wipeouts, Burnouts and Virtua Tennis' mentioned (and hoped for). Games of a DS standard on PSP would be cheap(er) though.

Direct PS2 ports to PSP are cheap(ish), but Sony are rejecting concept-applications for titles that are direct PS2 ports, so we shan't be seeing many of these "cheap to develop" titles.

If a few of the brave companies with 'big' PSP titles manage to install a large user base for PSP then more titles will follow in years to come. Until then, we'll see them developing for DS. Which will drive DS sales, and make DS even more attractive.

I don't know about the PSP as a whole, but people saying that E3 was good (or acceptable) for the PSP must be insane. I watched the entire Sony press conference, and the PSP was mentioned once. As a periferal for the PS3. This does not fill me with confidence.

The fact is, at E3 you go all guns blazing to detroy the competition. Sony didn't hold back the PSP to concentrate on the PS3. It would have been more impressive if they'd said "And now, as well as our unbelivably fantastic nw console, look at the amazing stuff we've also been able to make on the PSP!".

E3 totally failed to impress people PSP-wise and as a direct result people are talking in threads like these about how Sony is teh DOOOMEDE. That's not a good situation for Sony. If they could have avoided it, they would have.