Translated Snes Rpgs

pancho

I highly recommend the Seiken Densetsu 3 translation - a great game and a great translation. I remember slogging through it in its original Japanese on the Super Famicom many years ago, but I enjoyed the translated ROM much more.

I tried ignoring this but Im sorry I cant let it pass without comment.

Yes the translation is more enjoyable than slogging through the Japanese version BUT this game leaves an awful lot to be desired. If you liked the prequel released in the west as Secret of Mana steer well clear of ths vastly inferior sequel. The only aspect of the game that has been improved are the graphics everything else is worse. Storyline, Characters, Music, Menu System, Battle mechanics, EVERYTHING else is much much worse, after awaiting ages for the translation I felt like killing someone at Square for this travesty :)

I tried ignoring this but Im sorry I cant let it pass without comment.

Yes the translation is more enjoyable than slogging through the Japanese version BUT this game leaves an awful lot to be desired. If you liked the prequel released in the west as Secret of Mana steer well clear of ths vastly inferior sequel. The only aspect of the game that has been improved are the graphics everything else is worse. Storyline, Characters, Music, Menu System, Battle mechanics, EVERYTHING else is much much worse, after awaiting ages for the translation I felt like killing someone at Square for this travesty :)

I've never found the time to play Seiken Densetsu 3, but I love SoM so I want to. Yet for every post I've seen praising the game, I've seen posts like this.

I need to just give it a go and find out I suppose, but I don't want to be disappointed.