Arsenal

cubeadvance

Also talk that they are paying him £100k a week but not sure I believe that. Takes the whole value of the deal to £10m. For a loan. No wonder Wenger shit himself. That's outrageous.

Interestingly Guillem Ballbag has a different view:

Sahin choice should be made pretty soon. AFC and LFC agreed all with Madrid. Now up to player. At LFC they think he can still be convinced
Arsenal thought they had Sahin but his representatives told the club they dont accept conditions of loan deal. Liverpool only contenders now

If that's true then it sounds more like we couldn't guarantee first team football, not the financial side.

Oh fuck this shit, I don't know what to believe anymore.

Since when do we guarantee first team football? If that is what he was after then he ain't gonna get that at Arsenal.

Like you said though, don't really know what to believe & to be honest it's getting a bit much now. I think I've had enough of all this shit.

Since when do we guarantee first team football?

I imagine that's more Madrid demanding that than the player, because otherwise what's the point? Like, we've sent Miyaichi to Wigan so he can get some Premier League experience, and that's totally useless for us if he never plays for Wigan in the Premier League.

I imagine that's more Madrid demanding that than the player, because otherwise what's the point? Like, we've sent Miyaichi to Wigan so he can get some Premier League experience, and that's totally useless for us if he never plays for Wigan in the Premier League.

Yeah, that makes more sense actually.

Still though, how can we guarantee he'll be a starter?

A bit stupid of them to even ask that.

Have Liverpool agreed to that? How can anyone agree to that? What happens if he's having a mare?

Whatever happened to buying a player, adding him to the squad, if he impresses in training or when he gets his chance then he plays?

Simple!

What would you guys give Walcott? Offer £80k for four years? £100k like reports suggest he wants? Or sell him? Is it worth giving him more than we'd like just to stem the negative selling tide or dig in? Personally, I think we should keep him but I haven't a clue what I'd offer. What's he worth?

What would you guys give Walcott? Offer £80k for four years? £100k like reports suggest he wants? Or sell him? Is it worth giving him more than we'd like just to stem the negative selling tide or dig in? Personally, I think we should keep him but I haven't a clue what I'd offer. What's he worth?

get rid of him....he's been at arsenal at 6 years and the only thing he can do is run in a straight line. he has no football brain, can't cross and has awful control. i'm shocked wenger has kept faith with him for so long.

I don't know - statistically he was pretty great last year, but I've never watched a more infuriating player. When he's at the top of his game there are fairly few players as good, but it just happens so rarely - and even if he is amazing next match, he'll spend the match after running in a straight line and then falling down again. He doesn't seem to come in and out of form, he just veers erratically.

I wouldn't miss him if he went, that's for sure. I do think he could still become amazing though and seeing that happen somewhere else would be rather galling.

Shrug.

Keep him! He may infuriate but you cannot argue with his stats, he has improved aswell but he is very direct and sometimes when teams are so deep he becomes ineffective. I think we would be stupid to sell him. In most games he has two or thee men on him all game which shows the opposition are scared of him.

Keep him! He may infuriate but you cannot argue with his stats, he has improved aswell but he is very direct and sometimes when teams are so deep he becomes ineffective. I think we would be stupid to sell him. In most games he has two or thee men on him all game which shows the opposition are scared of him.

the thing is we don't really need him! if we want to play two wingers we can use gervinho and oxlade chamberlain who are much better and less infuriating. and we have more than enough midfielders to make up an effective 4 or 5 man midfield without him.

get rid of him....he's been at arsenal at 6 years and the only thing he can do is run in a straight line. he has no football brain, can't cross and has awful control.

His close ball control is weak - no doubt about it. The rest I disagree with - his balls into the middle are generally good, and his passing and reading of the game is massively improved. This whole 'no football brain' thing always struck me as bollocks and seems based on Waddle's comment three years ago. People forget he's still young and can improve further as a footballer. If nothing else he'd be worth keeping just to play against Villas Boas' Spurs.

I think we need somebody who offers more overall to our style of play than Theo can. Wenger said last season he liked having Benayoun in the side because he offered us more balance. If we're going to have Gervinho in the side, I think it's better we have somebody on the opposite flank who is good in possession. The Ox is better in this regard, but I can't see him getting ahead of Theo and he's still learning the game.

No one complained about Walcott's "football brain" until Waddle mentioned it and now everyone's parroting it as if they've just come up with the most astute observation about a footballer ever. It's total bollocks and I can't really take the opinion seriously of anyone that says it.

He's really effective against teams that are dumb enough to give him space to run into, but when teams come and park the bus he's no use whatsoever.

Yea he may aswell not even be on the pitch against teams that defend deep. However he has improved and his pace is pretty scary if teams leave space behind. The problem is most teams don't against Arsenal. But Chelsea away and Sp*rs at home last season he tore them a new one. He's great at coming off the bench late, or away maybe against teams that push up. But we really need to find another option for games like last Saturday.

I would try and keep him, but if he is unrealistic with his demands sell him. We can do better. Fuck it sell everyone and start again.

His close ball control is weak - no doubt about it. The rest I disagree with - his balls into the middle are generally good, and his passing and reading of the game is massively improved. This whole 'no football brain' thing always struck me as bollocks and seems based on Waddle's comment three years ago. People forget he's still young and can improve further as a footballer. If nothing else he'd be worth keeping just to play against Villas Boas' Spurs.

i thought he was a mistake for arsenal a month after we bought him but was willing to give him a chance as he was young. 6 years down the line he's the same player and just doesn't seem to have the capacity to improve.

the 'no football brain' thing isn't bollocks....he doesn't seem to know how to run into space, how to make space for other players, how to time his passes to other players, when to cross etc. all he relies on is his pace to get him clear when the ball is hit over or through the defence.

the difference between walcott and the ox is like night and day. oxlade chamberlain is pacey but doesn't need to use it as much as his awareness on the pitch is so much better than walcotts. the sooner we get rid of walcott, the better we will be as a team.

I think if the reported demands are true then he's become a bit too big for his boots and that'll be a problem further down the line. Lets face it, he's a fringe player within the England camp and only really excels at one thing. If we played a deep defensive line and relied upon long balls over the opponents he'd do really well, but we don't play like that and thus his pace gets wasted against most teams because of the way other teams set up against us. He also appears to lack the ability to use his own talents properly, all too often he'll just run at a player and lose the ball and the rare occassions he does try to knock it past them and run on to it he tends to over hit it and just chases it out of play.

I also think he relies on Sagna too much and again has developed a bit of an attitude problem because of how reliable Bacary is at mopping up after him (as evidenced when he had a go at Jenkinson last season), he often gets us into more trouble than he creates for the opposition and whilst he's still only young and not reached his "prime years" I struggle to see how he's going to improve if he hasn't really learned a whole lot in the 6 years he's been playing first team football for Arsenal against some of the best teams in the world.

the 'no football brain' thing isn't bollocks....he doesn't seem to know how to run into space, how to make space for other players, how to time his passes to other players, when to cross etc. all he relies on is his pace to get him clear when the ball is hit over or through the defence.

That doesn't tally with reality in my opinion. If you look at his performances last season they were generally good to excellent, he provided a number of crucial assists - mostly crosses. Certainly arguing that Walcott doesn't know how to run into space is eccentric. I'm don't think him the greatest footballer ever, but this stuff about him running then always messing up his crosses is just nonsense.

He doesn't use his pace enough for me. He should be running past defenders all day and I don't believe he's been told not to do it. He just doesn't. I do think he has very good qualities but he doesn't use what he's got to maximum advantage. He also ball watches a bit.

the difference between walcott and the ox is like night and day.

Chamberlain has been schooled as a footballer for most of his life I'd imagine, Walcott hasn't. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

What always amazes me with Stoke isnt how shitty the type of footy they play is (thats a given), its how many people are constantly willing to pay money to go and watch and get excited about it.

I know there isnt much exciting up there to do but if i lived in that neck of the woods i wouldnt cross the road to watch let alone give money to stoke.