Arsenal

cubeadvance

Essien though? Fucking really? We sell Alex Song, 24 and under contract for three more years, and then look to replace him with Michael Essien, pushing 30 and ravaged by serious injuries, on loan. How does that make sense from a footballing perspective, however much of a bellend Song might have been lately?

Essien though? Fucking really? We sell Alex Song, 24 and under contract for three more years, and then look to replace him with Michael Essien, pushing 30 and ravaged by serious injuries, on loan. How does that make sense from a footballing perspective, however much of a bellend Song might have been lately?

No point worrying or even thinking about it as it's not gonna happen. We're signing no one. Fucking shambles.

Essien, in his prime, was a monster. Essien, now, would be a massive disappointment and another player that no-one else really wants. Like us loaning Denilson to someone just because of circumstances. The only possible motivation is to not 'kill' Frimpong, Coquelin, Ramsey etc. with a full time signing but we've seen this year after year.

On a different note, how about Eisfeld? Got a chance pre season, one to look out for possibly?

That's how you replace your star striker: Aguero left and they spent all the money on Falcao.

As opposed to the Arsenal way. Pretend your captain and only true world class star is staying. Spend a fair bit on 'not' his replacements. No Sir, 'not' his replacements. Sell him anyway. £££££s. Pause a bit. Reflect on profit. Offload a few more strikers. Pause. Posture. Aaaaand...

Nothing.

Not a fucking jot.

Hands up season ticket holders. Wankers, mugs, twats the lot of you. Flush it down the bog next year. You're AFC heroes really.

A knee jerk production from me.

I mean, I say they spent all the money on Falcao, but they didn't really because they haven't got any. But you know.

Anyway it seems Dempsey to Liverpool might not be happening. I doubt we'll try and nip in there though because to be honest I'm not sure where he'd fit into our team.

Hands up season ticket holders. Wankers, mugs, twats the lot of you. Flush it down the bog next year. You're AFC heroes really.

:(

Just to balance things out a teeny bit, Atletico are half a billion euros in debt and proper fucked, all the Aguero money went to the taxman and they are behind on payments for Falcao.

Sure they won the Europa thing and have a quality striker and decent side. But guys what about their balance sheet? That's what really counts right?

:( :(

I mean, I say they spent all the money on Falcao, but they didn't really because they haven't got any. But you know.

Anyway it seems Dempsey to Liverpool might not be happening. I doubt we'll try and nip in there though because to be honest I'm not sure where he'd fit into our team.

I don't think we want a midfielder anyway, save maybe for someone in Walcott's position. Everyone's always on about the physical DM we need but we went to Stoke, which is probably the most physical game we'll have all season, and totally nullified them.

This has to be the final straw for many people. The team has been crying out for a top signing for three years, but nothing happens and each time the team looks weaker as another senior player leaves.

Well Cazorla for me is that top signing. What's depressing is that everytime we add real quality or start to get a group together that looks like it could be something special, a key component signs for Barca.

The most frustrating thing for me over these trophyless years is that looking at the squads we've had over that time, there's possibly a couple of league winning sides in there were it not for either catastrophic injuries or big money, badly timed transfers that we don't replace on time. I know a game of 'what ifs' is pointless but once again, it looks one step forward, two steps back.

That's my knee jerk reaction for the week over with I think.

Same for me re: Cazorla. Podolski too. As disappointing as it may seem right now I just can't see who would be a good signing for us, it's natural to be be pissed off when you see other teams improving by signing new players though.

Re: Dempsey... Just because a player's good it doesn't mean he's what we need :)

Well that's that then. Nothing doing whatsoever. Pretty disappointing to see us sit on £30m+ when there are clear deficiencies in the squad, but pretty typical.

If Spurs get Moutinho I might be a bit worried about them. If they don't then they're clearly lacking a Modric replacement and I think we should be more comfortable in 4th than we were last year. We might even finish above Chelsea if they prove to be as weak at the back as they seem on paper. But I can't see us getting anywhere near a title challenge with this squad. No way.

I do think the squad's in a better shape than it was this time last year, to be fair. As long as Giroud and Podolski start scoring, and Diaby avoids injury, and Wilshere comes back okay, we'll be alright.

Yeah ok, but that's a pretty sad attitude isn't it? And it's one more and more fans find themselves forced into by the persistent refusal of the club to make that extra push, year after year. "We'll be alright (for 4th place)". YAY.

Yeah ok, but that's a pretty sad attitude isn't it? And it's one more and more fans find themselves forced into by the persistent refusal of the club to make that extra push, year after year. "We'll be alright (for 4th place)". YAY.

nothing wrong with that, finishing in the top 4 and qualifying for the champions league is the 3rd most important thing in english football.

we won't be able to make that extra push until we get rid of kroenke and get in usmanov to splurge a load of cash to do a man city and buy up everything that moves.

The main "bright side" at the moment is that Diaby's finally managed to play the same number of games that he has on the back of his shirt. Maybe we should increase it with every match he completes without injury like those "... Days since last accident" signs they have up in some places.

I don't see why we can't challenge. You look at us on paper and you'd say that other teams might have better players in whatever position, but at the same time there's absolutely no reason why we couldn't beat Man City with this team. The problem in the last few years has pretty consistently been a team that gives up too easily, losing the ball and not bothering to track back, going a goal down and not being able to come back, lacks of concentration against "poor" teams or in the last few minutes of games, just generally being lazy. The first few games this season (while not much to judge on) shows a team that's far more willing to work hard, and if they can maintain that for the season we're in decent shape once we start scoring.

Obviously tomorrow is the real test though.

Nobody wants a Man City-esque splurge. Just a couple of good additions would have ensured a strong top 4 place, while giving the squad depth and the potential to challenge for the title. Players were available, we've seen that by the business other clubs have done, and Arsenal surely had the means to attract some of the players who have ended up at lesser clubs but who would have been more than good enough for our first team.

I know stats aren't everything, but we've lost our central midfielder with the most assists and the guy who scored thirty goals last season. Yes, Carzola is the nuts but even with him laying on chances I can't see Giroud getting twenty goals this season, and who replaces him when he burns out? I just don't see where the goals, and thus points, are coming from. The defence seems slightly improved, which is nice, but fourth place is far from guaranteed. Especially when two first-teamers pick up injuries in the next round of international matches and there's no quality cover for them.