Arsenal

cubeadvance

Excuse me but I just had a wank watching the Carzola (sic) turn and pass for our second goal. Dreamy. And the Giroud pass. And the finish. And the Carzola (sic) goal.

Walcott's run is worth checking out when Cazorla was busy scoring, a real intelligent centre-forward's run from the guy who "hasn't got a football brain." You know what? He hasn't got a right-wing brain, but he's gonna score tons of goals as a centre-forward, and I really hope it's for us.

In more up-to-date news, Sagna has just played 60 minutes for... the under-21s

Walcott's run is worth checking out when Cazorla was busy scoring, a real intelligent centre-forward's run from the guy who "hasn't got a football brain." You know what? He hasn't got a right-wing brain, but he's gonna score tons of goals as a centre-forward, and I really hope it's for us.

He did look good and I'm really surprised at his 'punishment' for not signing a new deal. I genuinely think his finishing is top rate, I'm not sure he's really a CF but I've said that about Gervinho too and when you think about it we don't really play with a proper CF anyway. Giroud being the mystery in that equation cos he literally is just a CF IMO and is probably plan B in a way for when we do need a target man. Obv. he's a bit more than just that, he an interesting prospect. I thought L Pod would possibly be played as a centre forward but that doesn't seem to be the case and we haven't seen the best of him yet, I believe, either. Looks good but I do wish we'd go a bit balls out at times and hit teams with more direct power, as per Giroud's goal vs West Ham. Excellently direct.

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/10/arteta-interviews-cazorla-for-as-awesomeness-ensues/

Lovely little Santi interview. By Arteta.

I know Spain are currently well stocked in midfield but I do still find it amazing that Arteta hasn't got even one cap.

Then again Mata has been left out the latest squad so I guess that shows just how exceptionally well covered they are in this area.

I think if Busquets was ever injured for a stretch of time, Arteta is an obvious candidate for defensive mid. That's probably his best chance of breaking into the squad. He might be seen as too similar to Alonso I guess though, but it's very hard to reconcile that he has over 100 caps and Arteta has none, when there is little difference in quality between the two players.

Giroud being the mystery in that equation cos he literally is just a CF IMO and is probably plan B in a way for when we do need a target man. Obv. he's a bit more than just that

He's on four assists so far this season. He strikes me as an intelligent footballer, some of his passing is excellent and his ability to read play - getting on the end of Cazorla's ball against West Ham for instance - is top drawer. I really hope he comes good for us.

I know Spain are currently well stocked in midfield but I do still find it amazing that Arteta hasn't got even one cap.

He must be the best footballer to never get an international call up.

He's on four assists so far this season. He strikes me as an intelligent footballer, some of his passing is excellent and his ability to read play - getting on the end of Cazorla's ball against West Ham for instance - is top drawer. I really hope he comes good for us.

He must be the best footballer to never get an international call up.

i don't think you're allowed to mention a 'footballer's brain' in this thread! :wacko:

He's alive.

Good news for Arsenal and Koscielny. He is ok. It was a big scare but he is not in pain anymore and will start on Friday

I still hate international football though and can't wait for it to fuck off. England vs San Marino? Top notch stuff.

Plus it's shit. San Marino? Expecting me to cheer for Rooney and Ashley Cole? Fuck that.

Granted the summer tournaments are good in a festival of football extravaganza type way but mid season international breaks can suck it.

And don't even get me started on friendlies.

Some interesting stuff from Arsenal.com behind the numbers malarkey. (Well, interesting during an International break - The shit hasn't even started!)

Carl Jenkinson and Mikel Arteta are the only two players to have played every minute of Arsenal's Premier League and Champions League campaigns so far (810 minutes).

Including the Capital One Cup, the Gunners have played 900 minutes of action this season, using 27 different players. This includes six debutants, taking the Club's all-time total of players to represent the first team to 809. The debutants are: Lukas Podolski, Santi Cazorla, Olivier Giroud, Damian Martinez, Martin Angha and Serge Gnabry.

Incidentally these six players have also taken the total number of non-British and Irish players to turn out for Arsenal to 116.

Five players have started all seven league games this term (Jenkinson, Arteta, Cazorla, Kieran Gibbs and Podolski) while just four (Giroud, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott and Francis Coquelin) have appeared in all three competitions. Giroud is the only player to have played a part in all 10 games so far this season.

The 19 players who have appeared in the Premier League so far have spent an average of 330 minutes each on the pitch. Last season Arsenal used 38 different players and Wojciech Szczesny made the most starts (48 out of a possible 54).

I see Vaz Te is going to have to have surgery on his shoulder after his collision with Mannone. Ordinarily I'd have sympathy for the chap but he did it by leaving his boot in on Don Vito - in an apparent attempt to injure him, ironically.

Also, a few days old now and I'm sure most of you have seen it but there's a translation of an interview between Arteta and Santi, a portion of which was translated by Arseblog.

Arteta: Santi, how’s life going for you here?

Cazorla: Well, man, well, little by little I’m adapting. The move and other things have been a hassle, but well, I’m very happy and the team are happy.

A: You look very tired; you have dark circles beneath your eyes…

C: I have not got curtains! It’s terrible in the morning, dude! The sun rises so early.

A: When I got to Glasgow, nobody spoke Spanish, there were only a couple of Italians. I called my parents and said, “Mum, Dad, come here quick … I’m sinking.” And the whole family came. The truth is that it helped me a lot.

C: I have to learn English, this is a very good opportunity, Mikel. Everywhere you go you need a good English. And I’m getting very serious about the issue. So I’m enjoying it. You know what I thought after the first few games? Watching English football on TV is one thing but playing is another, there is a tremendous difference. I love this league, it’s spectacular but coming from Spain to the Premier is a huge leap.

A: …The [tiqui-TACA] philosophy of the coach helps a lot. We had bad moments last year, but he never changed his idea of ​​how he wants to win and how he wants you to play.

C: It’s very similar to what I had at Villarreal, and also at Malaga under [Manuel] Pellegrini. Incidentally, Mikel, would you have liked to play more in Spain.

A: In life you make decisions at certain times and it is impossible not to retrospectively analyse them and think about what could have been if you’d gone in a different direction. But there is another way to look at it: I never thought I could play in four or five different countries.

Like you, Santi. Who’d have thought you’d end up at Arsenal? Ten years ago you would have thought, “London, Arsenal, where is that?” We are lucky that people who came before left a good impression here and that Spanish players are now highly valued.

C: I did not think about leaving Spain, but now I’ve taken the step I am very glad I did. London is a great city, and the experience is tremendous.

A: I was gonna say I’m envious of what you have accomplished with La Roja, but envy is not healthy, it’s bad.

C: Seriously, I wonder why you’ve never been with the national team. Look you’ve had some incredible seasons with Everton and now you’re the deputy captain of Arsenal. How strange that you’ve not yet had a chance. There are many players in that position, but I do wonder.

A: I won’t stop dreaming, I’ll keeping looking for that opportunity to enjoy winning with that group. The truth is that I’m envious and angry at not being able to participate in this historic streak. But I’m in a terrific moment in my career and hopefully will get the call from the coach.

C: Hopefully one day we’ll enjoy it together.

A: (Laughs) Pass on a good report for me.

C: I’ll try to, come with me sometime.

A: That would be great.

C: Here at Arsenal you’re a real leader. When I arrived, I was a little surprised at the level of respect that you have in the dressing-room. But when I saw you with the group and on the pitch it’s obvious that almost all consider you the Captain. You are a leader. I’m no good at that, nobody would listen to me! But when you talk they listen.

Suarez is a diver and a cheat says koscielny.

“Who is the forward I hate to face? Suarez," Koscielny said to L'Equipe. “Last season I didn’t feel too well. It was a match at 12.30pm and I don’t like that schedule.

“He is tiresome to defend against. He cheats. He pulls your shirt, giving small blows. You always want to give him a kick but you have to be careful not to be sent off.

“For example on September 2 against Liverpool, it was the case with Luis Suarez.

“He is a player who likes to dive as soon as there is contact. During a challenge we jostled a bit each other and he fell.

"He started to talk to me in English, to say it was a penalty.”

If he had tweeted that, would it be bringing the game into disrepute? To openly criticise an fellow professional, in the press, I mean, I'm not saying it's not true: suarez has issues with gravity, but to go full-on with...

isn't there a professional body, say the PFA or similar, that they can lobby?