Arsenal

cubeadvance

I thought it was 50% of any profit over what they paid us for him. That sounds more likely to me. Wouldn't surprise me if it was true, Moyes clearly wants to do something about their midfield.

Why does that sound more likely? Taking a percentage of a sell on fee is extremely common. 50% is very high, but after making such a fuss about signing him I guess Barca weren't planning on letting him leave again so soon so I think it's perfectly plausible.

So what are the chances Fabregas would flip us off and go to United then? More reports in the news today along those lines. Our buy back only comes into effect if Cesc agrees to it too, if not he can go where he wants.

Personally, it constantly amazes me how little morals and loyalty there are nowadays..

So what are the chances Fabregas would flip us off and go to United then? More reports in the news today along those lines. Our buy back only comes into effect if Cesc agrees to it too, if not he can go where he wants.

Personally, it constantly amazes me how little morals and loyalty there are nowadays..

Cesc doesn't owe us anything. If he chose to go to United then it just says more about our sorry situation more than anything.

Guys.

GUYS.

Fabregas has stated several times, very clearly, that he doesn't want to leave Barcelona. He played loads of games for them last season. Thiago has gone. Xavi is fading. Vilanova seems to rate him (unlike a lot of spoiled brat Barca fans). The United bid is apparently £26m, which is less than Barca paid for him. Sid Lowe, Graham Hunter and Guillem Balague all say it's not going to happen.

This is all just bullshit spin from Man Utd to make them look less stupid about failing to sign Thiago in Arsenal-esque fashion. Now no one is talking about how they fucked that up and are instead rabbiting on about Cesc.

Guys.GUYS.Fabregas has stated several times, very clearly, that he doesn't want to leave Barcelona. He played loads of games for them last season. Thiago has gone. Xavi is fading. Vilanova seems to rate him (unlike a lot of spoiled brat Barca fans).

I've just got back from a trip to Barcelona where I stayed with a friend who has lived there his whole life. He & 3 other members of his family are all season-ticket holders (and "socios", so by association part-owners of the club) so it's fair to say that they have their fingers on the pulse of FC Barcelona.

He told me that Cesc is well-liked by supporters there & they broadly recognise that he's the heir apparent to Xavi. As is almost always the case, the media in this country have somewhat overstated the problems with Fabregas' return to his home. As you said, he played a lot of games for them last season & there're absolutely no rumblings from La Rambla that he's on his way out. It's a load of old bollocks cooked up by the English media to create a few headlines at that time of the year when they have nothing to report on the football pages.

I accept that this is anecdotal evidence, but I'm fairly certain that my friend knows a damn sight more about the true situation & feelings at Camp Nou than a bunch of English hacks.

I hope you're right but my Catalan friend and his family of 'Socis' all think Fabregas is rubbish and doesn't fit into Barca at all and that they'd do well to be rid of him.

They also think Messi is overrated and that the best player at Barca is Busquets.

:mellow:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23335325

This is what we are up against. PSG & Monaco (!!) sign players for £50m+ and it just shows how there's a very small group of elite clubs forming due to their financial power (PSG, Monaco, Chelsea, Man City, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Man United to a lesser extent) and we are nowhere near it.

I really hope we are going on a spending spree but right now our squad is even more pathetic than last year since we got rid of some of the fringe squad players, most notably Coquelin, Mannone, Djourou, Squillaci & Arshavin. They all had games under their belt last season and I am very concerned how weak we look.

I can't see Arsenal signing 5-10 players to replace that lot whilst adding much needed proven quality, experience & depth to the squad, can you?

We are nowhere near their financial power at the moment. And yet we're pretty near some of them on the pitch, which is ultimately way more important.

Why on earth do we need 5-10 players?! You've listed a load of absentees who were basically absent last season anyway so why do they need replacing? Is this not the fabled "deadwood" that needed shifting?

GK, CB, either a DM or a creative midfielder, and a forward. Dunno why we need anything beyond that to improve significantly, especially if a couple of them are £20m-40m players which is just unheard of for us. It's not the eve of the season yet, and it seems we are making big money offers.

As usual I find myself wishing you'd cheer up a bit

We need strength and depth, something we've been lacking since we last won the league. If we lose any of our first choice 11 their replacement is inadequate.

I listed all those squad players who were utilised last season and have since left the club on loan or on a transfer. With that lot gone, who are we going to call on when we get hit with inevitable injuries and suspensions? They need replacing so it's quite easy to see how we need to bring in a lot of new faces. Of course it won't happen and I'll remain pissed off for the duration of another long arduous frustrating season.

And why are you happy with just a GK, CB, DM and a forward? I want to replace the likes of Sagna and that bellend Gervinho after the horrendous 12 months they just had. I cant believe Sagna is still at the club to be honest as he seemed to be certain to be leaving. With the injury jinxed midfielder's we have at the club (Ramsey, Rosicky, Diaby, Frimpong & Wilshere) I will not be at all happy if we haven't signed at least two notable reinforcements for that area. As it stands we'll achieve nothing with a midfield as weak as it was last season. Arteta isn't the answer to anything. Never was, never will be. Arteta is steady, that's about the best thing I can say about him.

To say they were "utilised" is stretching it. Coq played a few games before Christmas but nothing afterwards. Mannone played a bit when Szcz and Fabianski were both injured, but we'll buy a keeper so I'm not worried. The rest are all utterly irrelevant.

Gervinho looks like he might be sold. Sagna is still fine as a backup right back and you're frankly being disrespectful to a guy who's served the club well for several years.

I agree we won't win anything without a good midfielder coming in but it's not easy. Who's available? We tried for Lars Bender but he's not for sale. Cesc ain't happening. I'm hopeful we'll get someone class in there as we're seemingly looking, but there's not loads of options and as you say, the competition is fierce.

Anyway let's say we signed Julio Cesar, Joleon Lescott, Oliver Torres and Gonzalo Higuain. You wouldn't be happy with that?! You'd still be sitting there fuming? If so then think you're in the wrong game mate, quit before you give yourself an aneurysm.