Arsenal

cubeadvance

Or the media are full of shite linking us with every player knowing full well that us fans are going stir crazy about signings.

Also I don't get why we would be leaking details of players we aren't going to buy, it just getting fans more and more worked up.

To me it smacks of the press drumming up stories to sell papers.

Club says we're going to spend big on big players. Kind of.

Club spends no money, fans pissed off.

What looks 'better', that we tried to spend all the money we 'wanted' to spend, or that we didn't even try?

The Higuain thing was inexcusable. The Suarez thing embarrassing. The latest round of rumours make it seem like we're after top talent at least.

Shame we'll end up with Cabaye, maybe a so-far unidentified striker and no one else.

Release clauses expire for a reason guys. Draxler is what, 18? He's not going for £45m and the £60m talk is just silly brinkmanship. If he goes it'll be for less than his previous clause.

Personally I think there's nothing in it though, and the club is leaking it either for misdirection, or as 'Look how hard we tried!' placation.

I don't really think the club is leaking these stories. We're naturally going to be linked with everybody under the sun. I think we're looking at Cabaye and that's it. At a stretch maybe Podolski's injury has made Wenger think about getting a forward in as cover.

Does anybody genuinely think that if Wenger had a proper list of players he wanted, we wouldn't have gotten them by now? I think what we've seen with Cabaye for example, is somebody way down the list who if we can get on the cheap, great, but if not than we won't bother.

Higuain is probably the only player we've been linked with who Wenger really wanted.

"Escalation in spending power" they said.

"Could sign a Wayne Rooney" they said.

Jefferson Montero for £3mill, stolen away from Cardiff. Fuck me.

Maybe he'll be great and I'll end up looking like a massive dick, but when we get rid of Gervinho and then there's talk of Di Maria, Mata (ha!), Draxler et al coming in as replacements and improvements, a £3mill signing of some guy playing in Mexico after a few middling seasons in La Liga is hardly what we were expecting or need.

Anyway.

I'm looking forward to the game today. Got every confidence in this team to do them again. They've looked limp in their two league games, especially in the final third and as much as I'm jealous of the business they've done and as good a manager as AVB is, they're gonna struggle to incorporate all those players in the first team, struggle to integrate them in his system and they'll take a whole yet to click as a unit. We (have, at times) looked good as a team and so long as we try and keep composed and take the chances when we get them we'll be fine.

5-2.

you're getting ahead of yourself a bit there, we haven't actually signed him yet. plenty of time to cock this transfer up as well.

you're getting ahead of yourself a bit there, we haven't actually signed him yet. plenty of time to cock this transfer up as well.

:lol:

Anyway.

I'm looking forward to the game today. Got every confidence in this team to do them again. They've looked limp in their two league games, especially in the final third and as much as I'm jealous of the business they've done and as good a manager as AVB is, they're gonna struggle to incorporate all those players in the first team, struggle to integrate them in his system and they'll take a whole yet to click as a unit. We (have, at times) looked good as a team and so long as we try and keep composed and take the chances when we get them we'll be fine.

5-2.

I'm looking forward to it but it's going to turn very ugly inside the stadium if we lose. I'm going to head down a bit earlier so I can catch the second half of the Liverpool v Man United game.

I'm looking forward to it but it's going to turn very ugly inside the stadium if we lose. I'm going to head down a bit earlier so I can catch the second half of the Liverpool v Man United game.

Definitely. Kinda glad I'm not going today because I wouldn't want to be there if it goes tits up, but there's no way we can allow our fans to sit on their hands and make no noise today. We need to be intimidating, supportive and demanding as fans today, not the usual quiet, moaning and passive support we often produce.

Why take this risk though? If you want a goalie then go out and get Cesar on the cheap. Or if you actually want to spend some money, go for Begovic! So frustrating!! Also Casillas is still out of favour at Madrid, surely he doesn't want to spend another season on the bench?

Why take this risk though? If you want a goalie then go out and get Cesar on the cheap. Or if you actually want to spend some money, go for Begovic! So frustrating!!

It's annoying to keep signing bargain basement players that no one else wants. Signing Begovic would have been a proper statement.

It's annoying to keep signing bargain basement players that no one else wants. Signing Begovic would have been a proper statement.

Would it?

If you want a club who are going to sign players just to "make statements," maybe try Man City or Chelsea. I mean, Cazorla wasn't exactly much of a statement when we signed him but I'd rather have him than any other player who came to the Premier League last summer. If the players are good enough, they're good enough, and judging them because they don't cost £35m or you haven't heard of them before is fucking stupid.

Time will tell, I guess.

Would it?

If you want a club who are going to sign players just to "make statements," maybe try Man City or Chelsea. I mean, Cazorla wasn't exactly much of a statement when we signed him but I'd rather have him than any other player who came to the Premier League last summer. If the players are good enough, they're good enough, and judging them because they don't cost £35m or you haven't heard of them before is fucking stupid.

Time will tell, I guess.

You misunderstand me. Good players cost a lot of money. We have signed 2 cheapo bargain basement freebies and perhaps spending a couple of million on this keeper. That is not a statement, it just makes us a laughing stock as none of them are going to turn us into a threat.

I just hope tomorrow is going to be a busy day for the club.

You misunderstand me. Good players cost a lot of money. We have signed 2 cheapo bargain basement freebies and perhaps spending a couple of million on this keeper. That is not a statement, it just makes us a laughing stock as none of them are going to turn us into a threat.

I just hope tomorrow is going to be a busy day for the club.

Who the fuck cares about statements? Who cares if Chelsea are worried because of who we sign or don't sign? We need to show them we're better when we play them, we're not going to get three points because we made a better statement this summer. Statements, fucking hell. It could not be any more irrelevant.

And again, Cazorla? Good players cost loads of money sometimes, but not exclusively.

You don't have to spend £30m and £40m to get quality players. Maybe it helps, but wouldn't you rather have the right players over the expensive ones? There's a lot of people in this thread who would give the wrong answer to that question, it feels like, as if spending money and "making a statement" is more important than getting someone to fit the team. Priorities, seriously.

You say about signing the right players which i agree with. But generally you have to spend to get the right players. Wenger even admitted he wasn't fussed on Flamini, but our options are limited. Cabaye is available but will we sign him? Don't get me wrong i don't mind having Flamini back but would like Cabaye with him. I'm worried that because we have left it so late we might scrape the bottom of the barrel just to make up the numbers.

ou don't have to spend £30m and £40m to get quality players. Maybe it helps, but wouldn't you rather have the right players over the expensive ones? There's a lot of people in this thread who would give the wrong answer to that question, it feels like, as if spending money is more important than getting someone to fit the team.

Yes, I have been saying for years we need to go out and sign the right players, but for us to push on and actually win something then they are going to cost. Cazorla wasn't exactly cheap either.

We need to build a squad that is capable of winning matches consistantly in at least 3 copetitions. Obviously the club does not share the same ambiition as me otherwise it would have been done by now. And Wenger has hinted there will be no forward signed as he's going to shoehorn fucking Bendtner back into the squad. Great. Just great.

Agree with toys 100%

spending a done of money doesn't guarantee successful the team or that the player will be successful either. Just look at Torres.

And as an example for a team that has spend loads and made statements just look at stoke. With the money they have spent over the last couple of seasons they should be in Europe.

It's about getting the right players that fit the system/team.

Look at you're can to us for what 400k and was brilliant.

Which has made me think about the people going mad because we signed flamini for a free. We signed sol Campbell on a free!

And by all accounts flamini was offered an extentsion by Milan and had offers from other clubs which he turned down to come back to us and try an earn move back, he had offered on the table and I'd rather have a player that shows that kind of commitment to the club the a lot of the players we have been linked with.

Wenger has hinted there will be no forward signed as he's going to shoehorn fucking Bendtner back into the squad. Great. Just great.

It's not like he would say, "I don't want him to stay, even if he gets himself fit his just going to sit out every game" come on.

For one it would drive down any small fee we would be looking at getting for him and second, that's just not wingers way.

When has he ever come out and publicly criticised a player or said he wants rid? And by all account we are trying to sell him, but he if comes back and is fit it would be madness to not play him, if the requirement was there.

Yeah yeah transfer window blah blah blah. Ok. But guys, WHAT DO WE THINK OF TOTTENHAM?

I think the problem with Tottenham at the moment is that they're going to have a bench full of players who can come on and change a game. They've looked ordinary so far, but if it's close after 60-70 minutes then having someone like Lamela or Eriksen to come on will be troublesome, assuming that Villas Boas doesn't want to change things up too much team-wise with the guys that have been there a day. A good start is pretty essential.

EDIT: Haha