Arsenal

cubeadvance

Do you think that perhaps being loaned out a couple of times has woken him up a bit? I felt quite sorry for him last season at Juve, in the games he played you could really see he was trying and his approach play was fine, but every time he got to the point of shooting he fluffed it.

You would think so but when he came back from his loans he seemed totally uninterested in being an actual footballer. By this I mean he was turning down offers of actually playing football from clubs left right and centre.

After being told he doesn't have a future at Arsenal and he can leave he seemed happy enough to just turn up for training, collect his money and never be in any 1st team squads.

He would come out with some crazy stuff in the meantime too. Stuff like how he sees his next club as being Barca or maybe Real.

Weren't sure if he was just taking the piss and secretly laughing at the attention his crazy remarks were getting or if he really was that delusional.

Like I said though, he did get a way back via the League Cup and he was absolutely shocking. However, since his surprise start and goal against Hull he hasn't looked back.

You would think so but when he came back from his loans he seemed totally uninterested in being an actual footballer. By this I mean he was turning down offers of actually playing football from clubs left right and centre.

After being told he doesn't have a future at Arsenal and he can leave he seemed happy enough to just turn up for training, collect his money and never be in any 1st team squads.

He would come out with some crazy stuff in the meantime too. Stuff like how he sees his next club as being Barca or maybe Real.

Weren't sure if he was just taking the piss and secretly laughing at the attention his crazy remarks were getting or if he really was that delusional.

Like I said though, he did get a way back via the League Cup and he was absolutely shocking. However, since his surprise start and goal against Hull he hasn't looked back.

As I recall, he said nothing of the sort

Yeah, it went something like:

"Nikolas, what do you think about OJ Simpson?"

"Yeah, terrible guy."

"And if you were offered a contract to play for Real or Barca, would you take it?"

"Of course, if I was free."

"NIKOLAS BENDTNER THINKS HE SHOULD BE PLAYING FOR BARCA OR REAL AND HATES BLACK PEOPLE"

such a shame as he is such an outlet for us. A striker is a must now as after Theo's performance the other day you could've argued he was an option up front. Now we won't see him until next season and we are seriously short. Ox won't be back to full sharpness for a while aswell, Gnabry should get a run now too.

There's no like for like replacement for Fenton in the squad. Not Gnabry and certainly not Ox, coming back from a similar injury. This is potentially disastrous, but we did do ok without Theo before.

If we were truly going to go after Draxler in the summer, we need to try and bring that forward even if it means paying more money. We absolutely have to do all we can to get another forward in now. We also need Ramsey to start scoring again as soon as he comes back basically, otherwise I don't know where the goals are coming from.

I think initially it's worth trying Podolski on the left and Cazorla/Wilshere/Rosicky/Gnabry on the right. If that doesn't bear fruit then switch back to the five man midfield we used when Poldi and Theo were both out earlier in the season, and look to control every game.

OX can possibly fill in for Theo out wide but we are fucked up front.

We are gonna miss his pace and directness and all the problems that creates for the opposition.

Apparently Draxler was shown around Arsenals' facilities ahead of a potential move in the summer. He was of course impressed.

Good if it's true.

Maybe pay the money and get him in now?

The other thing with Theo is he nearly always makes a significant contribution in big games. The same can't be said the other main attacking guys in the side, Giroud, Ramsey and Ozil.

I've been really down on him in the past but this year I've become more appreciative of what he offers us. He's also improved quite a bit in the last couple of years on a technical level.

Fox you sensationalist.

We have plenty of goal threat, you don't even mention Santi Cazorla, scored bags last season.

Also, while in my heart I believe that we probably needed Theo to be one of the players to really perform for us to be in with a real chance of winning the title, he isn't the rarest of beasts. He's a runner and, if you give him space, he can finish. He isn't much of a technician on the ball, he doesn't really see a pass and he can only beat a player with pace.

We are, admittedly, a bit short on players who get behind defences like Theo but we have Chamberlain coming back as well as Gnabry potentially breaking through so there is hope.

Also you think that a 20 year old German winger would score more goals in a new team and a new league than Cazorla or Podolski or Rosicky? I wouldn't stick 30m on that.

Okay now I wasn't going to make this post because it's become such a twitter cliche but I might as well and you can take it with a pinch of salt or ignore it completely.

Word in the Aston Villa Director's box from a few different people is that Benteke is leaving Villa in this window whatever happens.

I know he's not exactly been banging them in this season but he's a strong boy, he's young and he does make the runs. With the service he'd get here we could do a lot worse.

Fox you sensationalist.

We have plenty of goal threat, you don't even mention Santi Cazorla, scored bags last season.

Also, while in my heart I believe that we probably needed Theo to be one of the players to really perform for us to be in with a real chance of winning the title, he isn't the rarest of beasts. He's a runner and, if you give him space, he can finish. He isn't much of a technician on the ball, he doesn't really see a pass and he can only beat a player with pace.

We are, admittedly, a bit short on players who get behind defences like Theo but we have Chamberlain coming back as well as Gnabry potentially breaking through so there is hope.

Also you think that a 20 year old German winger would score more goals in a new team and a new league than Cazorla or Podolski or Rosicky? I wouldn't stick 30m on that.

Cazorla isn't playing anywhere near as well as he did last season, and so far he has one goal. Hopefully he can improve but it's certainly not guaranteed.

You say Theo isn't the rarest of beasts, but as far as our squad goes, he is. Unless we're playing a good team parking the bus with a low block (Mourinho's Chelsea, basically), he is always our most likely source of a goal, and he gets a lot of assists too. Gnabry and Ox are not going to be at his level of effectiveness; one is a kid who's barely played, and the other is coming back from his own ACL injury and will take time to start firing again.

I didn't say anything about Draxler scoring more goals than Cazorla or Podolski (although I can't see how he'd get less than Rosicky). You've just made that up. I said if it's true that we wanted to bring him in this summer, we should do a Monreal and try to bring the move forward so that we have an extra option up front, because at the moment we're short. Simple as that.

edit: on your second post, I don't think he's good enough personally, and he'd be expensive. I'd be absolutely amazed if we signed him.