I'm sure Giroud didn't run about this much before his injury... Maybe I'm mis-remembering though. Really impressed by his all-round game (and goals) since he came back.

Yeah he's looked really decent since coming back. I just hope he can stay injury free for the rest of the season as we badly need his goals.

I thought yesterday was a solid performance. It looks like they have been giving that extra 10% to try and make up for the Stoke game and it made all the difference yesterday and in Turkey. Why they can't always approach a game with such a positive determination to win is a damn mystery though.

This feels weird, not sat here dreading March and being taken to the cleaners by europes elite.

Its replaced with a feeling of dread in going out to a team who got first place in their group by scoring 4 goals and who are currently sat 6th in their own second rate league.

So how do we mess this up then, I predict we only sign Tyrone Mings in Jan because everybody is getting fit again, then they are all injured by the time we play this fixture, meaning we start with Sanogo up front and that double barrelled 17y old who came on Saturday starting as a CB.

Szczesny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Chambers, Gibbs, Flamini, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Alexis, Giroud, Welbeck.

Bench is Martinez, Monreal, Coquelin, Maitland-Niles, Campbell, Walcott, Podolski.

My money's on a 2-0 win for Liverpool. For some reason we're totally useless at beating any team who are "in crisis" or in an uncharacteristically shit period.