Arsenal

cubeadvance

Something for the Ozil knockers.

Since he came back from injury he's played 9 games. In those he's managed 7 assists and 3 goals.

Not a bad return for a lazy, uninterested overpriced blahhdy blah.

Compare that to the most expensive signing ever in England, Di Maria, who all season has managed 8 assists and 3 goals.

Not a disastrous return on the assists but not good enough on the goals.

I know who I'd rather have in my team.

Fair enough and pleasant reading but the big games pass him by so I'll judge him again after Monday. I suppose there's only so much a nay sayer (me) can come up with in the face of good stats but also if anyone really thinks he's giving us all he can, and he should be, I'll raise an eyebrow. Yeah, he puts in some miles. Terrific. Reminds me of the joke about a man running outside a zoo. Someone says why are you running and he says a lion's escaped. Which way did it go? Well I'm not fucking following it am I! The point I'm making dies a death there, not sure where I was going with that, but Ozil is still a world class talent underperforming. Yes, he's done well given the numbers but the likes of Monaco barely noticed him. Turning in the stats against Leicester, Boro, Palace etc. isn't really the point of a 40+ million outlay. Hopefully 10PM Monday we'll sees more of those positive stats but I bet United snuff him out.

No. Someone left the gate open and he accidentally walked out. So yes, he did. But it just happened. He didn't file the bars or dig a tunnel or maul his keeper and peg it. He simply walked out and probably got captured right after cos he sat there all goggle eyed and couldn't be arsed to find the jungle. It was easier in the zoo.

Özil was the best player on the pitch against Utd at home last year but apart from that he has been a bit lacklustre in the big games. However it's daft to just hand wave the fact that he can really dominate against lesser opposition, since for years we would routinely struggle to break teams like that down and it would drive us up the wall. That's far, far less of an issue since he arrived.

That said he's in good form at the mo so I don't quite understand why he still seems to be such a hot topic and under so much scrutiny!

I haven't Googled the stats no, but on the whole I would say Ozil's first season was easily better than Di Maria's

Not that I think stats give the whole picture but if you look at the league last season Ozil managed a goal or assist every 153 minutes and Di Maria this season is 135 minutes, including the FA Cup is a little trickier as whoscored dont have the info for it but excluding any stoppage time Ozil was roughly about 149 minutes and Di Maria's is 148.

They've just got the goals/assists bars mixed up haven't they? Like, mirrored and flipped at the same time, somehow.

like this:

post-181-0-01367000-1425898700.jpg

think you might be right.

not sure the "shots (on target)" thing is right. The ratios are 1:2 vs 2:3 but the lengths of the bars, including red vs burgundy, are all over the shop

He's got a huge amount of goodwill in the bank obviously but Jesus...

edit: pouring one out for those heady days when Koscielny was good.

Need to get Özil on the ball more, Santi/Coq very deep so maybe he needs to drop off a bit.

Alexis is killing attack after attack, if he doesn't improve rapidly he needs to come off for Ramsey imo