IGNORED

Arsenal

cubeadvance

He was annoyingly weak at times yesterday. It's frustrating because, while it's obviously never going to be a strong point, I do think it's something he's got better at over the last few months. In the Man Utd game for instance he was muscling people off the ball fairly frequently. I guess it could be partially down to fatigue.

• 2 weeks later...

We're such a stupid fucking team.

Yes.

2-2 would have been fine as well, but not really deserved. Fingers crossed that other teams continue in the same manner, but today it feels hard to advise someone to put a bet on that Arsenal will finish above Chelsea.

Ludicrous situation at defensive midfield innit. Arteta is done and dusted and Flamini is Flamini. Totally mental that we didn't buy anyone; Arsene's "we only need super quality" theory just wasn't relevant in that position.

I've been saying this since 2008. Gilberto was never properly replaced thanks to the complete mismanagement of our club. We even had to wait 4 years to replace utility player Flamini with, err, Flamini.

In all seriousness though, Flamini-Ramsey should be absolutely fine for most of the games we have this side of Christmas at least. Not sold at all on the idea of Flamini-Cazorla though if Wenger wants to keep Ramsey wide. Flamini doesn't have Coquelin's discipline or mobility, and you need someone with those qualities to work with Cazorla.

Nah he said "At least two months" which in Arsenal speak means April.

It's three months. So that means anytime between February & September in Arsenal speak.

I predicted our usual loss of form coupled with injuries & suspensions would cost us in the November/holiday period. It wasn't really a prediction, as it happens each year a fucking idiot could have foreseen it coming, apart from Wenger & the cronies running our club of course.

I can see his case most years, there is a hint of bad luck but to say a player of Coquelin's ilk diving into challenges every single match won't get injured is Fucking Stupid.

Especially as Wenger clearly doesn't yet trust Bielik yet.

Should have got someone lower profile in the summer if he wanted to give Coq a chance to prove himself. I'm sure we could have got someone like Ki who wouldn't have cost the earth, wouldn't have demanded to be first choice every week, but would have been infinitely more useful than Flamini or the torso of Mikel Arteta. That's really all we needed, at least at domestic level anyway.

The transfer policy the club adopts says a lot about their ambition. The plan is to do just enough to ensure Arsenal remain one of the clubs who are there just to make the numbers up. There's no real intention to actually compete at the top level. If we did win the league or CL then it would be out of sheer luck and incompetence of other clubs.

Chesney just spilled the ball right into the path of Messi.

(Admittedly he had already conceded four by that point, not really much he could do for the others, so not the most consequential mistake. But still.)