rllmuk
cubeadvance

Arsenal

3 hours ago, suzzopher said:

You have to wonder how many of the current squad actually have a future there? 

Cech

Bellerin

Monreal

Koscielny

Welbeck

Elneny 

Ramsey? Would he want to stay

Ozil? As above

Sanchez? As above

Iwobi

Cazolra? Too old?

I'm not sure that the rest of the squad would be part of anyone's plan.

Cazorla will do one more year, I'm sure. Ramsey will stay, there's no way he is good enough to get a notable payrise elsewhere. I mean, he's fine but he's not exactly a thrilling signing.

I think we lost Ozil the other week, sadly with the excellent series of interviews/etc.:

Ozil "I don't think we can win the title"

Wenger "Ozil is wrong to say we can't win the title"

Ozil "Maybe we can win the title, btw I don't know what my Arsenal future is"

*Two weeks later*

Wenger "We can't win the title."

Excellent work Wenger, excellent work. If anyone comes in for Sanchez, I think he'll want to go too. I can see him at Juve.

Walcott will stay out of spite.

3 hours ago, The Fox said:

Aside from the three who are out of contract, I think Gibbs is the only one who'll definitely leave. There's a good chance that Ospina will go, and maybe one of Ox or Walcott.

We'll bring in a young homegrown left back and a couple of midfielders ready for Groundhog Day 2017.

And then Monreal will spontaneously combust or something on the first match after the transfer deadline.

Ramsey has completely lost the ability to shoot from outside the 6 yd area. Like a different player from last season.

Arsenal lose Ozil and Sanchez, Wenger will need to spend very big to replace them and who could he replace them with? If Spurs win the league surely the board will have to look at things again in the summer? 

He has said today (apparently) it does matter if Spurs finish above us. Also rumours of Sanchez wanting out.

Disclaimer - i work from home listening to TalkSport all day.

3 minutes ago, suzzopher said:

Arsenal lose Ozil and Sanchez, Wenger will need to spend very big to replace them and who could he replace them with? If Spurs win the league surely the board will have to look at things again in the summer? 

Pirlo 5 years ago is literally the only player that can replace Ozil. I'd not actually mind Sanchez going that much. How anyone can run around biting at people's heels constantly, working so hard and yet never-ever-ever manage to track back and help out his fullback I don't know. The number of chances we concede due to him running around "putting a shift in" miles from where he should be is ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

“If we can do more, we will do more but let’s not dream.”

No, let's not dream, Arsene

17 hours ago, Rev said:

I'd not actually mind Sanchez going that much. How anyone can run around biting at people's heels constantly, working so hard and yet never-ever-ever manage to track back and help out his fullback I don't know. The number of chances we concede due to him running around "putting a shift in" miles from where he should be is ridiculous.

That's such an English thing.  He shouldn't have to cover fullbacks all the time, that's what's so fucking wrong with the English game.  I'm more than happy for him to linger around up top when he's fully fit as our counter-attacks could be deadly.  Having said that, many times at the Emirates I've seen him tracking back when the central midfielders are hopelessly out of position as Coquelin is useless and has absolutely no discipline.

I think it's because we are so fucking shit right now you are losing your mind and saying you wouldn't be that bothered if he left.  He was arguably the best player in the world for much of 2015.  We should be building a team around him & Ozil, not surrounding them with bargain basement shite, has-beens like the club fucking captain Arteta and overrated clowns like Walcott & The Ox.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, suzzopher said:

Spurs are going to win the league aren't they? Why can't they just do an Arsenal :(

Well, they're perfectly placed to do so.  Extremely depressing to think they, City, Utd and Liverpool could still have trophy winning seasons.

1 hour ago, Steve007 said:

That's such an English thing.  He shouldn't have to cover fullbacks all the time, that's what's so fucking wrong with the English game.  I'm more than happy for him to linger around up top when he's fully fit as our counter-attacks could be deadly.  Having said that, many times at the Emirates I've seen him tracking back when the central midfielders are hopelessly out of position as Coquelin is useless and has absolutely no discipline.

I think it's because we are so fucking shit right now you are losing your mind and saying you wouldn't be that bothered if he left.  He was arguably the best player in the world for much of 2015.  We should be building a team around him & Ozil, not surrounding them with bargain basement shite, has-beens like the club fucking captain Arteta and overrated clowns like Walcott & The Ox.

Didn't you want Klopp as manager? And you don't want wingers to track back?

25 minutes ago, Rev said:

Didn't you want Klopp as manager? And you don't want wingers to track back?

Yes, I'd have loved Klopp as manager. As ever with Arsenal, it's too late as that boat has sailed.

Sanchez isn't really a traditional wide-man.  If you watch Arsenal and most modern attacking teams play, they have a front line of players who are always interchanging positions.  Firstly, this confuses the hell out of the opposition as it makes marking extremely difficult, secondly it's the most effective way of scoring goals.

When we are at our best, Ozil, Sanchez, Wilshere, Ramsey & The Ox were interchanging and even when Walcott was playing well, during a game he'd pop-up on the left or right or perhaps play central depending on substitutions, it's effective when players are on-form.  I'm not saying players shouldn't track back, but the likes of Sanchez & Ozil are not being used properly if you want them defending every time the opposition goes forward, nor should we hold them accountable for when we concede goals as a lot of the goals we concede are down to piss poor marking and no communication between the defence, which is the responsibility of the back four & keeper to get right.

As an example, the defending for the West Ham game was criminal.  Any idiot should know how to play against West Ham & Carroll.  Rule number one is to stop crosses and mark Carroll, yet we let West Ham ping crosses in for fun and Carroll had all the time in the world to smack the ball in the net.  Gabriel turning his back on Carrolls shot for the second goal was embarrassing and disgraceful.

Cech was supposed to be the man who gains us 10-15 points a season but he's made some right howlers and cost us a few points.  Perhaps a lot of the time it's down to him not really knowing what the hell the 4 idiots in front of him are going to do.

Ultimately we have a wanky defence that needs beefing up.  Calling out Sanchez for our defensive frailties isn't really fair. 

2 hours ago, Steve007 said:

If the opposition fullback is attacking then Sanchez needs to track that if you want Arsenal to be competitive. The best sides work extremely hard all over the pitch. He's obviously got a great engine so there's no excuse really. Especially considering he was the best player in the world last year.

Edit - this is just mental: "that's what's so fucking wrong with the English game"

You don't think wide men track back in other countries? Show me a Champions League winning team in the past 10 years which carries players who don't have to put a defensive shift in.

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Steve007 said:

Ultimately we have a wanky defence that needs beefing up.  Calling out Sanchez for our defensive frailties isn't really fair. 

And it's made wankier by Sanchez absconding. There's nothing we can do mid-season to change the fact that we've only got two defenders who can actually defend, but we can change the fact the defence is left unnecessarily vulnerable by our best paid player being unprofessional. West Ham's first goal and their basis for the come back would have been prevented if Sanchez did his job. We'd have likely gone in ahead and would definitely have been more likely to get the win then.

The defence isnt as bad as you are all making out, the lack of goals is truly shocking, Ozil was on another planet in the first half on Sunday, 9 goalscoring chances created, how many put away? ZERO, Sanchez, Giroud, Walcott, Welbeck, all fucking useless in front of goal.

agreed, Ramsey is infuriating, i'd gift wrap him and hand deliver to anyone who'd buy him, slows down our game, too many flicks and back heels, too many touches, i genuinely hate him and his stupid shit beard.

11 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

The defence isnt as bad as you are all making out, the lack of goals is truly shocking, Ozil was on another planet in the first half on Sunday, 9 goalscoring chances created, how many put away? ZERO, Sanchez, Giroud, Walcott, Welbeck, all fucking useless in front of goal.

Ozil is too good. If anyone else created that many we'd have scored 6 or 7, it's just most of the time when Ozil does something amazing the player receiving the chance just falls down confused.

• Upvote 1

There's no way Kane is good enough to keep up with Ozil all the time, I still don't think anyone is, but yeah, we would have.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, gooner4life said:

The defence isnt as bad as you are all making out

It is.

Bellerin is a rookie and shows enormous promise but he needs guidance on and off the pitch and he's clearly not getting it.

Chambers shows promise but like Bellerin he doesn't get the support he needs from supposedly experienced players he plays alongside.  Wenger is ruining him by using him as a utility player which means he's never able to build up any consistency as a player.  

BFG is finished and past it.  Should be booted out in the summer. 

Kocielny is our only class defender, but shows a real lack of leadership.  If he starts showing leadership he should be the club captain.  He's surrounded by mediocrity and sometimes drops down to their level which is not good.

Monreal always gives 100% so it's hard to fault him for work rate and sheer determination, but he's prone to being out of position as he's far too adventurous going forward.  He leaves massive spaces down the flank for the opposition to easily exploit.

Gabriel is a cowardly comical joke of a defender who needs to grow a set of bollocks.

Gibbs is a crap defender.  Totally inept in fact.  Very strong at going forward though. 

I think I'm out of defenders to talk about.  No wonder we are struggling with that sorry collection of misfits at the back.

Much like Elneny vs Flamini, it's really difficult to come up with a reason to start Gabriel over Chambers. Gabriel is 25 and doesn't have that much space to improve I'd suspect, he certainly can but it's hard to imagine him making leaps and bounds. Chambers could be half of England's central defence for a decade after a season or two.

Chambers' skill set also compliments Kos much better than Gabriel's.

Chambers was fantastic at CB when he came on vs Leicester. Hasn't played since, despite Gabriel making costly error after error. I can only assume he must be a complete retard in training because otherwise it just makes no sense.

2 hours ago, The Fox said:

Chambers' skill set also compliments Kos much better than Gabriel's.

Chambers was fantastic at CB when he came on vs Leicester. Hasn't played since, despite Gabriel making costly error after error. I can only assume he must be a complete retard in training because otherwise it just makes no sense.

It's clearly Wenger doing his usual I Have Faith routine, picking what is basically the highest paid team rather than picking the best team.

What a fantastic piece. Arsecast Extra was especially great this week, too. 

I can't listen to that because it normally involves giving my attention to that Gunnerblog fucktard, which I refuse to do.

Why all the hate on gunnerblog? I like him -- he's a reasonable voice when everyone else is baying for blood.

Someone said earlier Cech was shite and let in howlers? By my count he's only really done it twice this year (opening day and last week). I genuinely believe he has saved us 12 - 15 points this year.

Our fault lies with the strikers who can't find the net.