IGNORED

Arsenal

cubeadvance

Eh I dunno, I thought the move for Iwobi’s goal was excellent and started with us playing out from the keeper against a high Chelsea press. Think he needs to stick to his guns for now.

For all his faults though, we did build much better with Xhaka on the pitch. He was coming into the game in the last 15 mins before half time and we had Chelsea rocking, so it seemed a very odd time to make a defensive change.

Yeah, can't just abandon a system after 2 games having played a) the current and probable title winners b) a vastly more expensive team, away, having come back from 2-0 down. I'd prefer to have at least a point on the board but there's nothing that makes me think the system is unworkable.

Some degree of perspective and allowing the team to settle in is required.

And Fox is right that we were much better going forwards with Xhaka than without. If we can't rely on keeping the opposition out, we have to try and outscore them. When not missing open goals, our attack is actually one of the better quality units in the league and we should focus on getting the most out of them.

I'm not advocating complete abandonment of anything new - there has to be some recognition though that the keeper can't kick so its a bit suicidal to keep giving it to him under pressure - knowing he can't distribute it becomes quite easy for any team to push up the pitch when he has it and try to get it back straight away. 

Tactics & formations only work if the players can execute what is needed of them. 

Genuinely fascinating to see if we start to click a bit against a low in confidence west ham or still look dire.

You guys have had a super difficult start, I feel for you!

Here is a question; does Cech only like to dive to his right? Looking at how he goes down when a shot comes in, he doesn't favour his left. Go back and check the goals, and the great save - to his right.

If he knows which way it is going then he can go to his left yet he favours his right. Potential issue, and if so - why has no one capitalised on it before?

We look so much better with Laca on the pitch. Fullbacks looked ropey defending but good going forward. Slightly lucky for the second goal but well worth the win. We're still well dodgy at the back though and pushing everyone forward with minutes to go when we're a goal up has to be stopped. 

Anyway, good to get the win and score a few. 

He is and his defence have no confidence in him. I know it's early days but I still don't understand why Emery doesn't start Aubemyang and Lacazette together other than it leaves him with a lack of options on the bench.

• 2 weeks later...

the Qarabag FK away leg (04/10/18) tickets are £4.50 and available to red members (like me!)

the flight is £250 and I recommend travelling the day before... and I think it's half-term too

[edit]

half-term is the 4rd week in october. bugger.

Edited by SeanR

I can only assume we withdrew the offer as decided the huge wages were better off being spent elsewhere, maybe Emery doesnt fancy him or Ozil’s reaction after signing a huge deal got them nervous.

Does seem odd agreeing it with him then taking it back - and that came from Ornstein so usually a reliable source.

I Kind of torn on the Ramsey thing. Like him as a player and wish he would stay, but it was just ridiculous us having so many No. 10 type players under Wenger, so I would be happy if we just sign/keep players for the system rather than playing people out of position constantly. Having said that it's probably all money related and he'll end up going to whoever can pay him the most.