Arsenal

cubeadvance

I don't think Edu is very good at all, but when you see the packages players like Kolasinac and Nketiah were demanding it's no wonder they're still here. I like Eddie a lot, but he's listened to some terrible advice in not moving to Palace and will now spend the season rotting away on the bench. At that age that can be a death sentence on your career and he really needed to be more realistic. Kola on the other hand was working everyone from all angles – pay off from us, £3m a season and a £3m signing bonus to pal around with his mate in a tin pot league in the sun. I think he'd banked on them not having seen him play football before.

I try to imagine the situation that Edu is in, sure he talked himself into a very highly paid job but we're in that horrible middle ground now of getting shafted both ways on transfers, we have to over pay to get players to sign (clubs know we have money, are desperate and players want £££ convincing) and then on the outgoing side we've got a hugely overpaid squad of average filler that clubs know we are desperate to move out so lowball us on offers, but also don't want to pay the wages of players who haven't been performing to the level of their paypacket.

There is a greater fool situation going on here and unfortunately we've not been able to find them, which means it's us. 

it's a quite different conversation when you call Edu as opposed to calling Liverpool who every youth team player is 'very highly thought of by Jurgen and on the brink of the first team' and clubs like Sheffield/Bournmouth are happy to spunk £25m up the wall thinking they are stealing a gem from them.

He has a pattern of behaviour that makes me think he's just incredibly self-obsessed. His ridiculous persecution complex coupled with being a complete simpleton certainly don't help either. It's my firm belief the club will erect a giant bronze statue of this imbecile depicting the time he told his own supporters to fuck right off and plonk it outside the newly christened Dignitas North Stand.

• 2 weeks later...

Don’t ask me why, but I reckon Tommy Tiramisu is going to make himself a hero today. The narrative is all set – that mob wanted him and it’s his first NLD. Looks like he’s up for the scrap too. 45 yard overhead bullet header or something.

Going to need a couple of goals today at least as despite giving up all hope of a successful club career Kane will get his customary scuffer through muscle memory alone and Xhaka is bound to give up a penner. Will have to settle for 27–2 I guess and focus on a clean sheet next week.

Fair play guys well deserved win, but let’s be honest here, we are playing so badly that we would have made a Sunday league team look like Barcelona.

Thought you were going to royally thump us but turns out you only had three goals in you and the ref on your side 😜

Fair play to Arteta as he's really turned the ship around. Wenger used to have that ability of having a couple of terrible results and somehow being able to rally and knock out half a dozen wins on the spin. It's not ideal needing things to be just right, but now he's got the specificity in the positions he wanted and a fit squad it's looking like he can really get us going. It's nice having players and a manager you can get behind too. Imagine anyone thinking they could buy ESR in the summer! 

It's tough out there - definitely missing Xhaka, never thought I'd write that. Tomiyasu and White have been caught a couple of times and midfield are struggling to get anything. Some half decent possession near the end of the half so hopefully carry that into the second. 

An OK result in the end I guess. I can sort of understand why Odergaard was poor as he just wasn’t given the ball enough, and just too many slow short passes to him in tight areas. We really miss Xhaka being able to fire balls into feet before the receiver is swamped, especially when White is being sat on and can’t provide a forward pass too. 

A game like that should be bread and butter for Partey though and he was tosh. His weekly ball donations to the club car park need to stop, it’s absolutely ridiculous how bad he is at shooting.