Arsenal

cubeadvance

• 2 weeks later...

Solid confident win and exactly what we should be doing to teams like Brentford, but of course haven't been doing for quite some time consistently. 

Trust the process.

With the fixtures we've had at the start of the season it would almost be a crime to not be top now with how much we've spent (but plenty have spent money badly before, ourselves iuncluded) - the real test comes in the next batch of fixtures after the interlull and we'll start to learn a bit more about this team.

Lot to like at the moment though.

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, wev said:

This feels like the Man Utd match

It feels exactly like that - just waiting to get done on the counter. 

Frustrating half, should have scored at least one more. Odegaard needs to realise not every pass needs to be one for the YouTube reel and just play the simple pass when it's on. 

I think I may have gone for Tierney in this game in retrospect. I reckon he’s better when facing our goal and wouldn’t be leaving these Grand Canyon gaps. Gabriel has been poor too on a few occasions, especially trying to play the trap in their half as that’s just him getting sucked forward. It’s not like Spurs’ approach is a surprise as they do it in literally every game so stop falling for it.

It's the "lacklustre defending" one that amuses me, aside from the comical second goal (which looked exactly like the type of goal Arsenal were conceding at the end of Wenger's time and during Emery's tenure) it wasn't poor defending that led to Partey's goal not Xhaka and if anything the only reason that Spurs had that 15 minute sniff in the first half was down to some old-school Sokrates and Mustafi style defending