Arsenal

cubeadvance

I wouldn't give Liverpool such a hard time because of one trolling sap. Most of the Liverpool fans on this forum are pretty level headed blokes that throw in some decent opinions from time to time in here.

Infact, I have a good feeling about their chances this season...of course not as good as the feeling I have for Arsenal's!

Liverpool have made some very good signings. Torres is class and babel is another exciting player like walcott so they're giving themselves very good attacking options. I could see them pushing manutd and chelsea all the way. And i also see arsenal springing the element of suprise

If I know the Arse like I think I know the Arse, we'll surprise a few people this season. I predict a top 2 finish. Drag that up in May if you like.

Really? I can't see anyone who isn't backed with the funding that Man U, Chelsea and (Moreso this season) Liverpool get to build a team. It'll take something (or someone) very very special to break those 3's hold on the top spots and I don't think anyone has a team good enough to do it quite yet. Plus even when they do those 3 can splash a bucket of money on some prodigal youngster and renew their stranglehold again.

Not saying its impossible, but it is getting harder to break the top for those of us without a sugar daddy lining our transfer budgets.

I just really can't wait for the season to start. Saturdays are boring without football. The prob is i'm gonna miss the first 2 weeks as i'll be on holiday
No bars where you're going?

Big thing in the London Lite today, Fergie saying that Henry was finished at Arsenal and they will play better and be more consistent.

And trolling Liverpool fans can fuck off. How much have Liverpool spent the last few years? And what do they have to show for it. The champions league once and the FA cup once. Fuck me. Mourninho must be worried.

Another group of mediocre, overpriced players won't change anything at laligapool.

That's not really on now, is it? Torres is neither mediocre or overpriced. I'd say the same goes for most of Rafa's buys and I'd be willing to bet we've spent a lot less (net) than you think as well. Either way, I'm not looking to continue this nonsense. The bloke (yup, one) that came in here trolling is a wanker. He was told as much by another of our fans as well as you Gooners. There's no need to start having a willy waving contest about which club's season is going to be better/worse or who has been more successful/spent more. Just PM a mod or something and purge the forum of these knobs.

We've all been getting along so well! :D

Big thing in the London Lite today, Fergie saying that Henry was finished at Arsenal and they will play better and be more consistent.

He said something pretty simailr a couple of weeks back. Good on him but preferred his quote where he told Jose to button it (or words to that effect).

Dogsout, in fairness you have been in here many times and added some great contributions, no harm meant to you i'm sure...

That's not really on now, is it? Torres is neither mediocre or overpriced. I'd say the same goes for most of Rafa's buys and I'd be willing to bet we've spent a lot less (net) than you think as well. Either way, I'm not looking to continue this nonsense. The bloke (yup, one) that came in here trolling is a wanker. He was told as much by another of our fans as well as you Gooners. There's no need to start having a willy waving contest about which club's season is going to be better/worse or who has been more successful/spent more. Just PM a mod or something and purge the forum of these knobs.

Baiting trolls is fun.

Sorry, not really pointed at you.

I do question a lot of Liverpool's buys though. £20m+ for Torres seems a lot when you look at his stats for last season. I know there's a school of thought that it's because he's in a poor team, but for me at least he hasn't delivered internationally either.

I don't think you can accuse Pennant of being anything but mediocre/overpriced.

Still, we paid millions for Franny Jeffers! And nearly spent millions on "the Beast". Good job we got him on loan first. ^_^

I reckon Pennant's going to be an important player for us this season. He has been excellent since January and was probably the stand out player in the CL final. As for Torres, if you just look at his stats then yes, maybe he was overpriced. But if you take into consideration that the bloke was feeding off scraps all season, that he spent most of his time either playing alone upfront or on the left and his one on one conversion rate was similar to Van Horseface's (and every other Pichichi before him) then he starts to look a good buy. He has been one of the most coveted players in Europe over the last few years for a reason and would have easily gone for £30m+ after the World Cup. He's a massive talent although I realise he has it all to prove over here. I'm not even going to comment on the "you've spent so much but only won a CL and FA Cup" argument either, it's a non-starter.

I'll be off now, for fear of dragging this thread off topic anymore than it already has been.

now it's probably the drugs talking here, but i wouldn't say no to dyer at arsenal if he was reasonably priced. a fit dyer is the kind of player we could do with, and beggars/choosers etc.

Dyer is one of those arsehol players i would never want at my club no matter how good he is, i hope he gets left to rot in some relegation fodder team like WestHam

now it's probably the drugs talking here, but i wouldn't say no to dyer at arsenal if he was reasonably priced. a fit dyer is the kind of player we could do with, and beggars/choosers etc.

I think you need to take it easy with the drugs, Dyer at Arsenal? Not good.

Dyer is an injury jinxed nightmare. We just got rid of the treatment room’s most popular customer in Freddie, so we don’t need another one!

From what I can remember with the Gonzalez debacle it is: You must have featured in 75% of your nation's internationals and the nation must be ranked within the top 70. Something like that anyway. If he doesn't meet that criteria or there's been a change in the rules then he'll surely get a permit through the exceptional talent clause.

I didn't think that was too bad yesterday, considering it was a friendly. Think George and Francis were overly harsh at half time, although PSG did certainly set up a couple of nice chances.

Thought Senderos looked excellent. Clichy too. Denilson continues to impress, he has a very good all round game, excellent control and always wants the ball. Diaby is just on the verge of being properly excellent. Really good close control for a big man, quite pacy and loves a tackle. So similar to Vieira it's a bit scary. Him and Cesc can make a fantastic pairing. Bendtner looks a bit lazy but promising. Loved the towering header to set up his goal. Eboue is great on the ball and quick, he can make an impact. For such a scrawny, scruffy lad Hleb has superb control. Lots of 'oh, he's lost it.. no wait, he's got it and beaten his man.. and another.. and another!' moments :unsure: . van Persie has been quiet pre season. Sagna looks like he'll improve the back four.

Looking forward to today's game now. Shame Vieira is out.

Press: The players you’re looking to sign - are they from England?

AW: I can’t tell you.

Press: Did you want to bring Anelka in? Did the board say no?

AW: No.

Press: …Which part of that are you saying “No” to?

AW: He asked me the question, “Did the board say no?” And I said, “no”.

Press: So did you want to bring Anelka in?

AW: I can bring in who I want, and the board doesn’t interfere in that, unless it’s a financial situation and we cannot afford them.

Press: Did you want to bring Anelka in?

AW: I just gave you the answer, no?

Press: You told us you can bring in who you want, but did you want to bring Anelka in? Did Anelka want to come?

AW: Of course. I felt that we have the strikers we need, and that I wanted a striker like Eduardo who can play on the flanks, and can play with Anelka, or with Adebayor, or with Van Persie, and that’s why we have gone for Eduardo, and it was more a question of choice - nothing to do with the quality of Anelka. I rate him very very highly. It was just we had Adebayor, Bendtner, Van Persie playing in the same position.

Press: You have said you’d like up to two more players. Can you indentify the positions? Will you definitely not sign a striker?

AW: I cannot tell you at the moment. Because you are all too clever.

Press: So the possibility of going for Anelka is still there?

AW: …I cannot say that at all at the moment.

Press: So it could still happen Arsene? Anelka could still end up at Arsenal?

AW: Well there are plenty of strikers in the world that you could buy.

Press: So is the thought process behind one or two of your targets related linked with the possiblity of Eduardo not coming?

AW: No.

Press: Have you ruled out an offer for Anelka?

AW: Why are you so obsessed with Anelka?

Press: I’m asking as a journalist: what’s the situation?

AW: At the moment, I have not made any offer for Anelka.

:unsure:

agreed

This is the Arsenal thread, for Arsenal fans and decent chat from other supporters. You're more than welcome to chip in but please keep it to non trolling Arsenal talk :unsure: . There's a pretty good thing going between the supporters of various Clubs on this forum and there are rules regarding trolling in football threads.

Like I say, please feel to contribute. In a grown up way :blink: .