Arsenal

cubeadvance

They should have won by a lot more out there, we were certianly the better team. Thougth senderos looked good but I wish Almunia would stop charging out like that.

Sagna looks more and more impressive and eboue less and less a right winger :)

I've been praising sagna since we signed him, he is the bollocks. With him we finally have a really solid back four. Eboue hasn't impressed me at right wing at all, i'd much rather see walcott out there because i know he has the element of suprise whereas eboue just looks shite and one dimensional and i know that walcott will get better game by game whereas with eboue i think its as good as it gets. I think almunia is trying to impress too much, much like walcott which makes him make mistakes.

I don't expect the team to win the league or the champions league, i don't think its fair to say that but i could see them winning a trophy definately, over the past few years arsenal have been in 2 finals and have been very unlucky not to win so anything can happen.

Gilberto showing once again what a true pro he is.

“The only thing I need to do is do my job, respect the manager's decision, respect the other players and the way they play at the moment.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav...and+midfielders

and RVP giving it large. :o

Van Persie said: "At the start of the season I said we will surprise - and everyone was laughing.

"Now 12 games into the season, everyone says, 'Ooh, look at Arsenal, they are a good team'. This I knew before and my mind has not changed.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_2776298,00.html

The Board of Arsenal Holdings wish to confirm that a positive meeting was held in London on October 3rd (yesterday) with Stan Kroenke.

The meeting falls in line with the Club's intention to maintain an open dialogue with large shareholders of Arsenal Football Club.

How quick things change. From we don't need "his sort" to a "positive meeting". Hopefully all our new shareholders behave themselves and don't, say, try and get money out of the club after being a shareholder for five minutes.

"Mr Moshiri expressed a view that he wanted to be a friendly long-term investor. The interpretation coming out of Moscow is somewhat different." The business partners, who want the board to consider dividend payments, are unhappy about a lock-down agreement signed by board members who hold 45 per cent of the shares.

Greedy fuckers. Arsenal don't pay dividends like a normal listed company. The understanding is that all money goes back into the club to be reinvested. Usmanov wants to take money out.

I hope that sign on Sunday says "Fuck off you greedy fat bastard. Yes you Usmanov. We hate you. Cunt" Bit long but it gets the message across.

Top two OPTA players for September. OPTA never gives a 100% true picture, with this month the exception that proves the rule :( .

Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor has displayed fine forward play during September, and has been a leading factor in Arsenal's red hot start. The Togo international bagged his first hat-trick in an Arsenal shirt in their 5-0 demolition of Derby County whilst endearing himself further to the Gunners faithful by scoring a brace in their north London derby with Spurs.

Adebayor managed to score six goals in September and these strikes have helped the African reach the top of the Premier League goalscoring charts.

Francesc Fabregas has been in exceptional form for Arsenal this season and has been the key contributor to Adebayor's success in front of goal. Three of the African's goals last month were assisted by Fabregas - not to mention the other two goals he created in September for the Gunners.

Cesc second

The young Spaniard has filled the hero void left by the departure of Thierry Henry and is now the valuable key that unlocks opposition defences. Fabregas also chipped in with three goals in September which aided Arsenal's position at the top Premier League table.

Daley, wanna go halves on the "Fuck off you greedy fat bastard. Yes you Usmanov. We hate you. Cunt" banner?

France squad for this month's Euro 2008 qualifiers in the Faroe Islands and at home to Lithuania.

The midfield has a strong Arsenal flavour with Mathieu Flamini, Abou Diaby and Lassana Diarra in the squad.

Usual captain Patrick Vieira, who has struggled with a hamstring injury, has been left out while centre back William Gallas has been called up despite nursing a groin injury.

"He will start collective training with his club tomorrow and believes he has a chance to play on Sunday," Domenech said of Arsenal's Gallas.

Sagna is in there too (obviously).

http://football.guardian.co.uk/breakingnew...6971206,00.html

I don't want the wanker to take control of the club, but why would a billionaire want to take money out the club?

I was thinking that surley there are easier less public options if he just wants to add a bit too his wealth?

Ha ha, check this. My mate's dad went to the AISA (arsenal independent supporters association) AGM last night where Keith Edelman did a turn. He had a five hour meeting with Kroenke, getting him in a cold war frame of mind so as not to sell to Usmanov.

Better than that though is that the board voted to pay for our banners! They have five made up, two of which are 'Roubles can't buy you love' and 'Love Arsenal, hate Usmanov', which are going to be at all the games for the forseeable.

How ace is that?

I know its hard but i would prob rest cesc or at least take him off if we're winning at half time.

It's amazing when you think of how many games he plays. You're right, he deserves a rest but I bet he wouldn't like it! I think the consistency of players like Cesc makes the rotation at Liverpool even more baffling. Can you imagine Wenger leaving him out so he's fresh for the second half of the season?

It's amazing when you think of how many games he plays. You're right, he deserves a rest but I bet he wouldn't like it! I think the consistency of players like Cesc makes the rotation at Liverpool even more baffling.

I know but against steaua cesc looked a bit heavy legged. And with liverpool and man utd coming up a rest now would prob benefit him in a few weeks

Sat in block 9, due to a season ticket holding mate being away.

Not a great game today. Silly goals to concede, and Cesc and Diaby didnt have a great game.

Styles was rubbish.

Best of all, theo actually delivered some end product today. Hurrah!

Sat in block 9, due to a season ticket holding mate being away.

Not a great game today. Silly goals to concede, and Cesc and Diaby didnt have a great game.

Styles was rubbish.

Best of all, theo actually delivered some end product today. Hurrah!

Really? The BBC website is saying it was an amazing match.

Credit to Arsenal though, in recent seasons this is a match they probably would have drawn, and they're doing well to be where they are now. 2 points dropped from their first 8 matches is nothing to be sniffed at certainly. Still, they've not faced any of the other big teams really yet (by that I mean Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea obv.) so we'll see how they do when they face them. The way they're playing at the mo, they're contenders, I just hope this is the norm and not just a run of good form thats going to end soon.