Arsenal

cubeadvance

I'm going to Cardiff. I don't even want to go to fucking home games but my brother convinced me "last chance, new ground soon, standing like the old days, only £22." Fuck it.

You'll love it. You'll be the first away team to fill that terrace since Man City in 1994. Great atmosphere.

As a side note, I fucking hate Martin O'Neil for no other reason than he is a random wanker that leaps around in his tracksuit like a drunken reprobate with Saint Vitus dance.

yeah bet you've seen that quite a few times this season

Arsenal aren't the same as they once were. I really enjoy watching them play, but it seems to have fallen apart. You never see Arsene calm and composed any more and the team are the same.Hes more likely to complain about refs and the other teams being lucky with goals.

Another dire woeful inept shambles of a performance. We were awful but a win is a win, however frustrating it was to watch.

It was the coldest I've been at a game for years but it just goes to show the sort of mugs we have going to the Emirates these days as there was a queue of people waiting to get out at half time! They had to wait for the bemused stewards to open up an exit, something that doesn't traditionally happen until the end :unsure:

Adebuyor isn't putting in 10% of the effort he did last year - first time I heard cheers for him as he was subbed. It was good to see Eboue having a reasonably solid game - good to see the crowd clap him off too.

Maybe the match was bad because of our opponents? I'd hate to be a Bolton fan, they never go anywhere to play football, they very much live up to their stereotype. The Premier League will be better off the day they get relegated.

Maybe the match was bad because of our opponents? I'd hate to be a Bolton fan, they never go anywhere to play football, they very much live up to their stereotype. The Premier League will be better off the day they get relegated.

They might not be pretty to watch but Bp;ton do what they have to do if they opened up and played football against you they'd be ripped apart.

I saw in The Times this morning that the reason Toure had put a transfer request in was because Galas had said to Wenger the two of them weren't compatible to play together pretty honest of Galas if it true.

Our home crowd seems to be full of tossers - booed off at half time again. Chumps.

I've said before that I don't agree with booing, but my goodness that first half was amazingly bad. Plus it was fucking freezing.

I've come to the conclusion that there is no money and Wenger has agreed to be the fall guy. That is the only way I can explain what is going on at Arsenal at the moment. We are getting worse every year and we only seem to spend whatever money is brought in by player sales. Yet Wenger keeps pumping out the excuses and declaring we can win things. What a sad situation. What other manager of a supposed big club would put up with such a lack of funds?

How long will this last? What if we don't qualify for the Champions League?

They might not be pretty to watch but Bp;ton do what they have to do if they opened up and played football against you they'd be ripped apart.

God forbid that teams actually try to entertain :) . It's minus five and we're in the middle of the credit crunch. Fuck Bolton and their anti football. We've moved on since the 90s.

Nice to see us win without playing well, that's always been the key. With our injuries I'm relatively happy just going from game to game cos with Walcott, Eduardo, Gallas and Cesc back, possibly Rosicky ( ;) ) plus a couple of signings we might be able to claim that 4th place. Good on Villa, but I can see them dropping off at some point.

God forbid that teams actually try to entertain :P . It's minus five and we're in the middle of the credit crunch. Fuck Bolton and their anti football. We've moved on since the 90s.

Nice to see us win without playing well, that's always been the key. With our injuries I'm relatively happy just going from game to game cos with Walcott, Eduardo, Gallas and Cesc back, possibly Rosicky ( :lol: ) plus a couple of signings we might be able to claim that 4th place. Good on Villa, but I can see them dropping off at some point.

i'm not condoning the way teams like Bolton play (i used to love watching Arsenal in my eyes a team has never played better football over the years and thats without being a fan of them) i'm just saying what teams like Bolton do no matter how ugly it is keeps them in the Premiership.

i'm not condoning the way teams like Bolton play (i used to love watching Arsenal in my eyes a team has never played better football over the years and thats without being a fan of them) i'm just saying what teams like Bolton do no matter how ugly it is keeps them in the Premiership.

Well, more fool anyone for paying to go and watch them then. Except when you pay £1000 at Arsenal for a season ticket and you get 60% of teams playing that way it's not quite the same joke, I think you'll agree.

Anyway, in all fairness they had massive injury problems I hear.

Well, more fool anyone for paying to go and watch them then. Except when you pay £1000 at Arsenal for a season ticket and you get 60% of teams playing that way it's not quite the same joke, I think you'll agree.

Anyway, in all fairness they had massive injury problems I hear.

TBH i agree but theres nothing you can do as frustrating as it may be when your paying that sort of money. i'm sure the stats yesterday were something daft like Arsenal had 70 odd % off the ball Arsenal teams of a few years ago would have still killed a team off who play that deep and negatively.

I think they only managed to have four subs on the bench, so indeed.

Yeah think it was saying on MOTD they could ony even manage to put 4 subs on the bench.

I went on Saturday for the first time in quite a while, and after seeing us close up we're worse than I thought. I know Bolton came to spoil the game and try and nick a point but some of the perfomances were really shit.

Diaby was absolutely terrible, gave the ball away so often it was unbelievable.

Eboue played better than Diaby by doing nothing, didn't do much wrong but he offered nothing.

Denilson did ok, but I still think he's not quite good enough. He tried and he did play alright, but he's nothing more than a decent squad player.

Adebayor did nothing, apart from miss a good chance.

Once Bolton decided to attack, after we scored, we looked a bit shaky at the back.

Vela was superb when he came on, and Nasri looked good when moved to the middle.

We are clueless without Cesc.

We need a keeper, plus one, maybe two centre backs, a central midfielder and a wide man. Maybe even a striker.

I hope the Arshavin deal happens. If it does we should play him and Vela left and right with Nasri and Denilson in the middle. Even better, Nasri and a new signing in the middle.

This is the key until Cesc comes back, Wenger must go with this IMO.

Absolutely.

Denilson and especially Diaby look clueless when they get the ball in the middle. Nasri should definitely be playing in the middle until Cesc comes back, and Vela should be given a run in the team. He should be playing ahead of Eboue. Ramsey should also be given a chance ahead of Diaby.

Vela simply has to start. Eboue is useless, he just does nothing. Nasri plays much better in the middle. Diaby is not taking has chance, and is probably more suited to the middle anyway. Amazingly Diaby is fit at the moment so while others are injured he has a real chance to play well and put himself in Wenger's thoughts. But he just isn't doing it. He gives the ball away so much it is unreal. It's the kind of play that costs you in big games.

IMO Denilson looks like he wants it, Diaby doesn't. Diaby could be the answer, he has it all. But, as you say, he always looks like he'll cost you something. I've been saying for ages though that we need a coach, something more than Wenger's magic touch. These lads are so young and still have loads to learn but who's teaching them? I fear that they'll develop bad habits they won't be able to break. It's all well and good playing with your heart but we've all seen that when it comes to tactics and decision making we haven't got a clue.

Denilson runs his nuts off, no doubt and would be decent with a hard defensive midfielder. But with Diaby he looks lost.

One thing I will add, Bender did more and looked more up for it in 15 minutes than Emmanuel "i'm just like Henry honest" Adebayor did in the whole time he was on the pitch.

One thing I will add, Bender did more and looked more up for it in 15 minutes than Emmanuel "i'm just like Henry honest" Adebayor did in the whole time he was on the pitch.

Really? Fucking hell. It's pretty grim if Bendtner's making someone look bad! Part of Abebayor's game has been his workrate.