Arsenal

cubeadvance

Kosceilny had another brilliant game. He's been fantastic this season - could turn out to be a real cracker of a signing if he can get a partnership with Vermaelen going.

Djourou was also very good which will be great for him. To be fair I don't think Stoke is a particularly difficult game for a fullback as they hardly pen you back with runners, but having a game like that when he looked confident in the air, on the ball and spreading the ball does wonders for the confidence, which I think was the lion's share of his problems at the start of the season. I've always felt he was a bit of sensitive flower, and I think the atomosphere got to him a bit.

Gervinho is looking excellent too - must be a nightmare to mark. Let's hope we can get a real understanding going between him and Robin going.

Also pinch me, but I think I just saw Arshavin have a good game. Super sub. More of that please Andrey.

Aside from Man City, Arse ain't looking that out of touch any more. Mostly decent results this weekend

Oddly, we could still make something from this season.

I said a couple of weeks ago that the lack of expectation was almost liberating for me as a fan. I'm quite liking the way things are. At the very least we're run fairly honestly and modestly within our means but you still look at our squad and the players to come back from injury etc. and we could beat anyone. Massive underdogs but you never know, if we can get a proper siege mentality going we could go places. We do need to sort out the RvP contract though, that cannot be allowed to go on and on.

as long as we finish within the top 4 then i think it will have been a successful season. hopefully we get knocked out the tin pot cup competitions (fa & carling) sooner rather than later so that we can concentrate fully on finishing within the top 4.

my gut feeling is van persie is going to go to man city next summer :(

It has to be said that if we'd have replaced Wenger after the first few games we would be congratulating the new guy with a decent start and complimenting him on steadying the ship. I still don't think he's going to be bringing any titles back home with him and we're not really playing all that well but credit where it's due, it's an encouraging run of form.