What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?™

Was driving to work this morning, stuck in slow moving traffic, Radio 5 on, listening to them playing clips from calls from the day after the referendum. People's thoughts on what had just happened and how great things would be from now on. It was how you'd expect it to sound (fucking soul destroying). Fuck that I think, so switch it up to 6 music, and they are only playing Flowered Up, Weekender from way back when everything was just less shit. Can't remember the last time I thought about that song  nevermind listened to it. Made my fucking day, weekend even.

Full 17 minute mini movie below. Enjoy (shorter edits available). It's glorious.

(Late late edit - skip to 1.35 for the start of the song proper.)

• Upvote 3
4 hours ago, multiclunk said:

Was driving to work this morning, stuck in slow moving traffic, Radio 5 on, listening to them playing clips from calls from the day after the referendum. People's thoughts on what had just happened and how great things would be from now on. It was how you'd expect it to sound (fucking soul destroying). Fuck that I think, so switch it up to 6 music, and they are only playing Flowered Up, Weekender from way back when everything was just less shit. Can't remember the last time I thought about that song  nevermind listened to it. Made my fucking day, weekend even.

Full 17 minute mini movie below. Enjoy (shorter edits available). It's glorious.

I wish, more than anything, that I could pos something over and over and over and over and over again. Literally the best post in this thread since I've been following it. 

Was working in an indie record shop when this came out and played it to absolute death. Never seen the video before. You have absolutely made my weekend. 

...and you can stuff 'em right up your arse. 

• Upvote 1

The instrumental for this made the charts as You Got The Love (unforgivably covered by Florence - live has to be the worst thing Ive ever heard)

but the original is something i used to hear loads played over the dodgem PA in the fairground i worked during summer, still got original 12”

On 12/04/2019 at 06:58, Qazimod said:

The Chemical Brothers’ No Geography album. It can be hit and miss at times but there are some great slow and chilled tracks on there :wub: 

I think its the best thing (an album as a whole) they've done in a very long time. For want of a better word its 'fun'. Heavyweight but warm and comforting.

Thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish. I bought the vinyl version after work today because it needed added to the collection. 

• Upvote 2