What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?™

Old Dear's Menu

• 2 weeks later...

New (sort of) GN’R track

Bit of mishmash track for me, standard Slash guitar, not that that’s a bad thing, with Axl channeling NiN and shouting the chorus with some screams that sadly he won’t be able to reproduce live.  I don’t hate it, but not sure if I’m gonna love it.

(and the video is pish)

On 12/08/2021 at 11:57, shirubagan said:

It's an album, but hey. I have it on CD, but who has a disc drive these days? It's also not on the streaming services, so I remembered YouTube was a thing and there it was :omg:

Wow. That's a blast from the past. Don't think I've heard that name since I was a teenager. I'm not sure if they're from my town but the wiki says Essex and they definitely played a lot of gigs around here in the mid-90s. I think some of my friends knew them maybe, I dunno. I just remember seeing that name on loads of those A5 and A6 black and white flyers you had back then. They were ever-present. I probably saw them a few times, would have been hard not to. Weird, I can hear so many people saying the band name - people I haven't seen since the mid-90s, just throwing that name in when talking about who's playing tonight in places that haven't existed for over 20 years. Mad.

SFA Hometown Unicorn 

Well it's on their first album and close to perfection. One day this band will get recognised for what they did and can do. 

Better than the Beatles.  Maybe. 

Listening to the latest Deafheaven album, currently this track.

Not caught much of their stuff since circa Sunbather/New Bermuda, and this is quite a shift in tone, gone much more shoegazey/post rock but I fucking love it.