City Of Heroes Giveaway

The Streetest Dude

Hi guys,

As you may or may not know, I work with SB (Byronicman) at Barrington Harvey PR. Last year, we gave away a ton of tickets to forumites from here to go to Game Stars Live.

In a similar vein, I want to give away a load of City of Heroes 14-day accounts here. City of Heroes is an MMO game for the PC. We're trying an experiment out and would like your co-operation. All you would have to do is, if you're interested, download the client and use the code I provide to access the world of City of Heroes for 14-days. We'll be running competitions, PvP and otherwise, and giving away prizes to the winners.

There will be no cost to anyone who signs up, though if you wish to take part in any of the events you will obviously need to play at specific times. But attendance is not mandatory by any means.

If this sounds ace, please sticky this, and any potential heroes should send me their email address via the wonder of pm.

Thanks,

Leo

I'd love to, I just don't have the time...good offer thou ;)

You don't HAVE to spend hours and hours to get anywhere in CoH. It's not a monster level grind like Lineage or the like. Saying that, I quite understand the feeling. Feel pity for me - I have to play FOUR different MMOs on a regular basis, just to keep on top of things. And that's in my own time!

:P

Guest kokyu

I'm on a 10 week holiday! I have the time!

I'll PM you my email address. I have no idea what a PlayNC account is, let alone have one, is that a problem?

A PlayNC account is needed to play any of NCsoft's games. It just gives you access to the various worlds when you log on, and keeps track of payments and stuff (which isn't realyl important in this case).

So, if you've already played Guild Wars you'll have one, for instance.

You can sign up for one here - www.plaync.com

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was given a 'Deluxe' box earlier today for 'free' (well - I actually fixed someones PC but it cost me nothing!!) so I'll have to give it a whirl...

Anything to break my Azeroth obsession!! :)

*notices he will have Eve, WoW and CoH going at the same time and wonders where the hours will come from :( *

I'm on the other UK server I think - defiant... or am I

I can't rememberas it lets you choose everytime you go on. It's interesting, but it's felt like a bit of a level-grind so far just to try and get some decent abilities, I'm up to level 6 and I can Hover.. whooo.

Level 14 needed to fly - that's a looooong way off.

I did wonder into a new area where all the badies were between level 15 and 20 and couldn't get back out for ages as I was being killed and stuck back in the hospital before I could make it. Some kind level 30+ souls helped me in the end by flying along curing me as I ran for it

I've hit a snag with this VERY early on...

No flickering on the char screen - but FAR FAR too many options for making a char!!!!

I must have spent at least 45 mins choosing things - and I'm now in-game but I'm thinking "I think I need to redo the colour scheme"...

Can I just get on with the game and sort this later or is it a once-and-only thing - your chars appearance?

Makes a change from Wow mind you - I've always thought the level of customisation in that was - well - a bit poor really. That said - once you've slogged to 60 and got your end-game armour, every person in a class will look the same anyway :o

p.s. I'm on Defiant - as 'Feersum' - a "Natural Scrapper" - Level 4 and it's been fun :ph34r:

Once you get to level 25 you can respec all your powers and redesign your character, so i've been told.

I'll try defiant next time i'm on, i'm Sgt Rosco - i'll friend you up feersum.

Anyone know where to find some poxy clockworks to kill? ;)

edit: you can't swap servers it seems, I am teh n00b. Anyone on Union?

Yo!

I've just heard you've been given your keys. Sweet.

I was planning on joining you guys in the evening and holding little mini-events, but I'm afraid I'm suffereing from time-sink work-overload, so that's not gonna be possible. Still, I'm sure you'll find the CoH community friendly enough :(

Have fun!

L