IGNORED

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Eats hoops and leaves

i think i'll go back to this for a bit tonight. i really must finish it. and as much as i think it's too big, i do love it more often than not.

just those bastard hard flying missions really put me off, but i'm past them now, so hopefully it's all good...

I've done the first, but I keep getting overtaken on the final straight of the second, much longer race. And thanks to a bug, I can't get my strength up.

A few days rest and plenty of vitamin C should help clear that up. You'll be back competing again in no time! ;)

God, that Beat the Cock race is horrible. I thought I was quite fit, but I kept having to stop to rest. Never again!

My PC should certainly run it, so I might well give this a try - cheers!

It's a sod to discuss the game again, I find - the Xbox and PC versions mean we're back in spoiler territory. Suffice to say that after going back to my PS2 save, in the space of two or three days, I'd discovered all manner of great stuff and it really got me back into the game.

Ive probably seen everywhere, I think, but there's so much that 'old' places continue to surprise me. And many that don't surprise me continue to delight me, so it's all good. Once the bottlenecks have been passed - which can be a chore - there's just so much to do, so many options...

It's true what everyone's saying about starting again and being restricted, both geographically and in terms of ability. It's a very different and equally enthralling experience. It's also great knowing the city from the off instead of going down lots of dead-ends.

I found once the whole map was unlocked, I was just using the planes to get about and using the same old weapons. Having to use other modes of transport and the weaker guns again is really rewarding.

The additional draw distance of the PC version adds a lot, as well. You're able to navigate Los Santos by glancing up and seeing which direction the downtown skyscrapers are. I was also able to easily find the airport by driving towards the conn tower - something you can't do on the other versions.

I'm on 80% complete.

Not sure I can be arsed to push for 100%

I should really go back to it and try and finish those hard-as-heck RC missions. Well, the mission where you have to take out couriers and return to Zero's rooftop with a pixel of fuel left.

It is a fantastic game though - it keeps on giving until it hurts.

Anyone seen Bigfoot yet?

I've driven the monster truck once - I think it was a bottleneck mission for the CIA guy - it was interesting, but not as great as I would have imagined. Probably a lot better when it's not in a race context, but I haven't found a monster truck since. Presumably there's one out there somewhere.

I heard there was an actual Bigfoot character wandering around the countryside. The Monster Truck is a bit of a disappointment as it's not actually as tough as it should be...

Didn't Rockstar dismiss the Bigfoot rumour?

It took me 48 hours to complete this game. If you could sue people for time instead of money, Id have Rockstars arse in court for 30 of those hours.

Well, I'd appear for the defence. I've never even considered the prospect of completing the game, and I've spent way more than 48 hours playing it. I've sworn on occasion, but I can't think of a game I haven't sworn at (other than Mr. Do). I can see how you might get annoyed if you were playing to complete the game, but why do that?

We've all read a book or watched a film that we didn't want to end; SA is like that for me, with the vital distinction that it doesn't have to end. There's no page count or running time unless you impose one yourself.

Apropos of nothing, I spent a good half-hour last night driving a variety of vehicles at filling stations, then diving out at the last moment and watching the explosion. Now that was good mindless fun.

I've driven the monster truck once - I think it was a bottleneck mission for the CIA guy - it was interesting, but not as great as I would have imagined. Probably a lot better when it's not in a race context, but I haven't found a monster truck since. Presumably there's one out there somewhere.

It's an unlockable.

In the driving school in San Fierro there's a girl you can talk to (you need to be Big Bubba Fatty for her to entertain you though). After your dating progress reaches a certain percentage the Bigfoot 4x4 will be available outside her garage (you get a racing suit for 100% dating success). Some of the dates are fun because she drives the car herself and you get to watch it, movie stylee, without lifting a finger as she hurtles around the streets like a maniac :lol:

As for Zero's supply lines mission, it was a piece of piss (did it first time) on the PC version last night - I messed up a good few times (flying into lamposts and stuff), and took a good while to destroy one of the motorcycle couriers, but I still had a good three-quarters of a tank of fuel left when I landed back at Zero's shop roof. It took about seven tries on the PS2, and then I was flying on fumes when I landed.

Fishy

As for Zero's supply lines mission, it was a piece of piss (did it first time) on the PC version last night - I messed up a good few times (flying into lamposts and stuff), and took a good while to destroy one of the motorcycle couriers, but I still had a good three-quarters of a tank of fuel left when I landed back at Zero's shop roof. It took about seven tries on the PS2, and then I was flying on fumes when I landed.

Have they toned down the difficulty for the PC version then? Three-quarters of a tank of fuel sounds like a hell of a lot to land with, and I've heard many people just barely make the mission with a pixel of fuel left.

That reminds me. I need to be a big fatty CJ :lol:

We've all read a book or watched a film that we didn't want to end; SA is like that for me, with the vital distinction that it doesn't have to end. There's no page count or running time unless you impose one yourself.

Excellent point. I used to think it odd than SA is my fave game ever, yet I've never actually finished the missions, let alone got near 100%. This is probably because of the reason you stated.

If there is one!! I know what i'm looking for tonight!

According to Wikipedia it is indeed false but lots of people on the net seem to believe they've seen it. Just like real life then... Rockstar confirmed that it doesn't exist but there is something qn the woods...

IS the mechanic girl always in the driving school?

I have this horrible feeling i killed her when I first reached San fierro (some 40 hours ago) after she refused me, I assumed she'd respawn...

She's always been there when I played.

Then again, I didn't murder her...

I've just been playing it for about two and a half hours, it is a great game, can't wait to unlock the entire map. I just got annoyed and switched it off though as I was swimming round building up lung capacity for the next Woozie (sp?) mission and I forgot that there's parts of the San Fierro waters you're not allowed to swim in for whatever reason, so I got four stars, got cocky and ended up in the middle of nowhere swimming like a lunatic with a chopper shooting at me, ended up dying :( They should really mark no-go areas on the map, or give you a verbal warning when you enter one rather than a straight off four star rating.

I have this horrible feeling i killed her when I first reached San fierro (some 40 hours ago) after she refused me, I assumed she'd respawn...

I read somewhere that girls do return so long as you haven't already started going out when you killed them, and she definitely wasn't there all the time when I had to go back there because I wasn't chunky enough.

She's worth getting so you can use her pay'n'spray, but the girlfriend you really want is the one doing Tai Chi under some trees on the San Fierro golf course. She's a nurse or something and magically saves you losing all your gear when you get killed. There's also a lady cop in a tiny town north-east of San Fierro who saves your stuff when you're busted.

Anyway, the game is amazing. Even during the boring bits the excellent radio stations kept me more entertained than some games manage in their entirety.

went looking there last night for her but the entire place is empty... I seem to remember killing everyone in there after getting annoyed with a driving mission. Didn't realise there were girlfriends to find like that.

Its the game that keeps giving though, found a Mesa last night which I don't think I've seen before or if I have it had a roof on. Also found you could drive cars with the crane magnet attached which is good fun. Also ended up standing on the front of a train after parking a car infront of it, it knocked the car flying but I ended up stood on the platform at the front of the train.