IGNORED

Sugar Rush

Just have this on beside me and wanted to comment upon the fact that it is completely awful. Stars one of the most self-obsessed Morrissey-lite characters I have ever had the misfortune of listening to. Share the bile!

Yeah - it sems an odd thing. It is clearly aimed at a younger audience, but they can't show it till now due to the content.

It's completely scitzo. None of its pieces fit together at all. It is made as if for a 15 year old female audience yet feels, entirely at random, the need to try and seem all adult. I found the brief moments of surrealism quite entertaining for the first 2 episodes or so but when they cease being anything special the whole thing was shit.

There is very little continuity between episodes, but that doesn't really matter when there's a clear week between them, and the themes of the episodes are followed very well. There are some excellent performances from debuting (and fit :) ) actresses and you may complain about this teen show being on at a late time, but I find it refreshing that finally there's a teen show that shows teen issues and things that teens do (whether the BBC want to admit it or not) at a time when teens (shock!) are still awake!

Plus, the ginger girl wants me. :P

My main problem with it is the fact that the object of our protagonist's affection is such a completely fucking dim, shallow, unlikeable, thick-as-shit cretin that it's impossible to understand why she's so smitten with her. I mean, come on, girl! She has the IQ and personality of a piece of meat, there must be zillions of girls out there more worthy of your time.

Ahem.

My main problem with it is the fact that the object of our protagonist's affection is such a completely fucking dim, shallow, unlikeable, thick-as-shit cretin that it's impossible to understand why she's so smitten with her. I mean, come on, girl! She has the IQ and personality of a piece of meat, there must be zillions of girls out there more worthy of your time.

I think that makes sense. There do seem to be subtle attempts to draw parallels between Sugar and Julia Jekkyl's mum. It's the one aspect of the show handled with any subtlety, so maybe it just went completely over the teleplay writers head, but I'm sure it's there.

I'ts got lesbian schoolgirls!  That concept alone automatically makes it immune to the 'shit' category.

And she masturbated with an electric toothbrush, which automatically enters it to the 'ace' category.

Did you see her stick it up her fanny? If not, it's still shit.

Ahem.

Thats very true, but haven't most of us been obsessed with complete losers at least once? Especially when you're 15 or 16.

Just me then? Bah!

Anyway, I really enjoy it. Good trashy fun.

It reminds me of an adult As If which is a good thing in my book.

Mind you,the main character is far sexier than Sugar.

I'm glad I keep missing it then. As If is one of the worst TV programmes ever made IMO.

I agree about the main lass in it though. She'd get it.

Some weeks I like Sugar Rush and some I cant stand it. This week the dog got run over just because of the selfish rug muncher and this wound me up. She is so bloody self obsessed. I like the mum and dad. I think I can relate to how they got so used to each other and she needed to be shafted by the builder (such a fit bod). I think Sugar is a cool gal. I think she would be the type to be fluid in her sexuality and try gal on gal as she is so keen on sex. I get what people mean about continuity as the mum gave the impression she had been with the builder for days when the family seem to have been without her for weeks. The son is class and loved how he was having his periods. It may not be perfect but something just appeals to be. It’s like another feel good gay flick, Beautiful Thing.

However the premise for next weeks show is gonna frustrate….

Kim is determined that her stupid crush is over, and as far as she's concerned, Sugar is a selfish, using bitch from hell. As Kim attempts to liberate herself from her old Sugar-obsessed life, she joins a religious group which promises to eliminate all evidence of gaydom, but it's a lot harder than she imagined...