IGNORED

Extras

WesT

Seen quite a few clips of this now. The stuff with the big celebrity starts (ie the stuff we've been seeing on chat shows and such) hasn't been that funny. The stuff with more random people has actually been very funny. It seems to me that Gervais saves all the ggood stuff for when he is the star of the scene. That's fair enough and would certainly make sense for a first episode but I guess we'll know tonight.

Extra: So you haven't even been on The Bill?

Gervais: I don't want to go on The Bill.

Another extra: What about Casualty, have you been in Casualty?

Gervais: Yes...

Extra: Casualty the TV programme?

Gervais: ...no.

Well, it was funny when Gervais did it, anyway.

Well it made me laugh.

Please be good. Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good. :blink:

"Was that supposed to be funny?!"

"I don't know, you were in it"

That line was ace. It's better in context though:

BEN STILLER: Do you know who I am?

ANDY MILLMAN: It's either Starsky or Hutch, I can never remember.

BEN STILLER: Was that supposed to be funny?

ANDY MILLMAN: You tell me, you were in it.

:(

Like The Office, this'll be better when it gets going. Although I loved Gervais for the 11 O' Clock show and his talk show, when I first saw The Office I was a bit 'errr...', but as it went on I started to like it more and more. And then, the earlier episodes were much funnier after going back to them.

Started off slowly, but got better and better - Thought the whole bit with the big shoe was fantastic

"People will say Maggie who? And then they will reply, you know, Maggie, the one with the bloke with the big shoe"

- and the chinese japanese. I really like Maggie's character. Fair play to Stiller for sending himself up like that

Thought it was fantastic. Clips I'd seen haven't been funny, but that was a quality show. Loved the whole:

"Are you fine?"

"Yeah"

"You're not going to" *crying motions* "are you?"

Was full of great lines.

Edit:

A bit hit and miss I thought. Some bits were very funny, some bits were like my least favourite Office bits (the cringing embarrassing parts).

Yeah it had plenty of those 'I can't sit through this' bits, but that's kind of what gives it the humility that lets you laugh at some of the outrageous comments he makes.