Extras

WesT

p/\o

The bits with Ross Kemp in were just shit. He made up for it at the end when he was taken down a peg, and Gervais was trying to cheer him up. But I didn't find it funny. It was just poor.

Yeah, he was fine at the end. ALMOST a saving grace.

Tonight's was the first episode I have seen after my wife managed to dislodge the previous two episodes from Sky+ with Home and Away and Big Brother. I thought Kate Winslett was class and the scene in the prayer meeting was hilarious.

Definitely the best episode so far. Kate Winslet was great - Ross Kemp, watch and learn!

The stuff with the girl with cerebral palsy was toe-curlingly embarrassing but utterly hilarious - like all the best comedy. I almost couldn't bear to watch it.

And Stephen Merchant was great. Again.

The stuff with the girl with cerebral palsy was toe-curlingly embarrassing but utterly hilarious - like all the best comedy. I almost couldn't bear to watch it.

Personally I think it's the worst kind of comedy because it's such a cheap shot. It doesn't take much to set up something completely cringeworthy and embarrassing to watch.

i liked tonights episode

it was cringing at times (cerebral palsy & being a catholic) which is what ricky gervais does best

but it was also hilarious and kate winslet was excellent - especially when she mimic'd licking her boobs and telling you how you go about winning an Oscar

that was the best one yet

Did they need the cerebral palsy girl? I never found much of that funny. I guess I don't find much to laugh about it.

Such embrassment over disabilities and deformities was done better in the first episode with the short leg guy, and far, far, far better in the Office with the Ogmonster. Maybe I just like it more when the disabilities are a tad on the bizarre.

Still, Winslet was great and the scene with the priest had me in the perfect state of discomfort.

And who else laughed immediately after Merchant said "I've just typed fifty eight thousand and eight into my calculator"? Heh, we've all done it.

Personally I think it's the worst kind of comedy because it's such a cheap shot. It doesn't take much to set up something completely cringeworthy and embarrassing to watch.

Maybe, but I just thought the bits were Ricky Gervais was struggling to understand what the CP girl was saying were funny / excruciating in equal measure.

Anyway, if you can't laugh at serious disabilities, what the hell can you laugh at?