IGNORED

Entourage

diggler

Very few laughs, but then again it was meant to be a drama-heavy episode.

I loved Turtle's scenes, for once. And we finally found out what his real name is!

Lot's of laughs for me, and I hated the

Saul

bits, mainly because I hate the two cunts involved and it was nauseating bullshit.

Are you looking at the DGA list or staring out the window at the line in front of the sprinkles fucking cupcake store?!

It was nice to see Vince get some abuse for being shit.

Good final episode overall, however that ending almost killed it.

E & Vince have this huge fight unlike any they've ever had before and then break-up which could (& should) have been a major plotline for next season, but they kiss and make-up less than 5 minutes later. I thought it was ridiculous. And as great as it was having Marty Scorsese appear, it was an incredibly cheap way out for the writers. It came literally out of nowhere. One minute he's broke and jobless, the next he's in a Scorsese movie. It was just bad, bad writing. Does that mean that in future whenever Vince is in a bad spot, the writers can just conjure up a role for him out of thin air without any prior viewer knowledge of said movie role?

I loved the season overall, but those last 5 minutes almost ruined it for me.

I would have

had the seaosn end with Vince and E breaking up, then a little montage of E going back to Hollywood, Drama re-opening the bar, Turtle with Jamie and Vince in New York, wondering "whats next". Then start next season with the last 5 minutes with Scorsese and them getting back together, or even left that till a few episodes in. Have a few episodes with E and Vince not talking

I think would have been better if

Vince and E had not spoken and Ari had got Vince the job with Martin Scorsese off his own back. Thus keeping Vince annoyed with E, even though he's got a job. Then have a couple of episodes next season of them going seperate ways then Scorsese randomly mentioning to Vince while on set that it was Gus that got him interested.

At the moment it just feels like everything is happening to easy for the guys, as much as I enjoy the basic formula of the show it's starting to wear a bit thin.

Overall a good season though and Jamie Lynn Sigler is so hot, apprently her and turtle are dating in real life, lucky b@stard!

• 1 month later...

Great season. Shrooms episode was a bit lame, but interesting that they tried it. Rest of the season was lovely.

I think 22 minutes is fine, btw. Keeps things moving very fast and ensures all the dialogue and scenes are tight.

I watched all 5 seasons over the course of a few weeks, and have to say I've enjoyed most of it, but it isn't without problems.

The whole breakup was glossed-over too easily, and I also didn't like who everything was turned-on E, when without him he'd have been nowhere. For example, he blames E for the whole Medillion fiasco, despite the fact it was a project *he* wanted to do.

The dropping of plot-lines and potential story-arcs can be jarring, too. What happened with Medillion, for example? At the end of S4 Harvey says he'll buy it (as he can see the potential), then the begining of S5 we see it being panned and a huge-flop. What happened there?

And as has been mentioned, Drama's show seems to have been largely ignored - when is he ever meant to be filming it?

And where did Charlie come from? How did E find him? And what about his writers? Why have we not seen anything of them, now they have money? And Ari's writer friend has a set-up and is then ignored (although I appreciate that is probably something to be expanded-upon in S6).

One of the things I found interesting was that prior to validation from Gus ("I think you've grown") in that last episode, we're never really given any real indication of whether or not Vince is actually a good actor - we only hear that he was awful in Medillion and Ari never rated his talent (just his star-making ability).

I like the generally-positive vibe (the 'everything-works-out' mechanic), but sometimes I feel they leave good potential threads untouched, and you have to wonder how much longer they can keep the whole premise going. Does anybody know how many episodes S6 will be, and when it will air?

Trying to find plot holes in entourage is like trying to analyse Heroes, you're only going to end up disapointed. Entourage is best enjoyed as a braindead montage of amusing lines and pretty girls.

Yeah, you're probably right - it is largely throwaway stuff.

I think this show excels in storylines, actually. So many tv shows have to create drama by sticking someone in danger, which is completely boring now. This show can create it by sticking Vince's career in danger - and it's far more plausible that it could happen, which makes it seem more exciting. I find all the stuff to do with finding a new script and stuff to be pretty engrossing, eg the stuff with the Ramones biopic.

The Scorsese thing just reminded me of the Scarlett Johanssen ending so didn't have much of a 'wow' factor.

Oh and make note, the same people who complain the show is too cheery and nothing bad ever happens, are the exact same people who will be first to complain when it gets all dark in season 7 when Vince gets addicted to drugs and Ari loses his job.

I agree that it seems strange and a missed opportunity that they didn't do more with Harvey at the start of the series. You think if they agreed to sell him a movie that cost $30m to make for just a dollar, they'd be something in the contract to ensure it came out in theatres. Rather than the straight to video effort it ended up being.

Would have loved to have seen episodes featuring Harvey and Billy going at each other tooth and nail. Maybe that was one of the plot options that was being considered. What you have to remember is that serious blip on the radar from last year ....

The writers strike.

Aside from the fact it almost got the show canceled, I'm sure it played havoc with their initial plotline plans. You can't write a episode for characters if the talent that plays them has since had to commit elsewhere. Who knows if Maury Chaykin that plays Harvey had signed up to do a film for three months? Certainly Rhys Coiro who plays Billy was locked into an entire season of 24 and also booked a part in a Gary Oldman movie "The Unborn" (which was being filmed last year).

On a side note, have you read some of the stuff about why the series had made at least four digs at Kevin Smith? It seems he got on the bad side of one of writers a long time ago. It's great that Smith seems cool with this while shedding some light on the details of this feud.

Its not mindless or throwaway, it just doesn't show you EVERYTHING that goes on like say heroes or prison break and its all the better for it.. The show is just a snap shot of life in hollywood for these guys, it really feels like they are just a small part of a much bigger picture and portrays that the environment they live in is fast paced and constantly changing.

Wait a minute, that's NOT Harvey Weinstein in the show??????? I've been thinking it was him all along.

Have there been any other fake people directly based on real people in the show?

Loads. Ari Gold is based on Ari Emanuel, who's Mark Wahlberg's agent. Interestingly, his brother is Rahm Emanuel, new White House Chief Of Staff under Obama.

Wait a minute, that's NOT Harvey Weinstein in the show??????? I've been thinking it was him all along.

Have there been any other fake people directly based on real people in the show?

In the recent series, the director of Smokejumpers 'Verner', was clearly based on Werner Herzog, but you probably already knew that.

• 3 weeks later...

Its been regularly denied that Drama is based on Donnie too, although I bet there's a little.

Finally got round to watching the rest of the series, they needed to end it like that. Seriously comparatively this entire season has been one long downwards hill to the very bottom, they can't leave Vinnie & Co. circling the drain like that!

• 5 months later...

I just started watching this about a month ago. They're rerunning it on HBO sporadically so I catch episodes whenever they're on. It's fucking wicked. I love the cast, the media savvy dialogue, the editing. It looks so glamorous. It's the first thing to ever make L.A. look fun to me.

• 2 weeks later...