rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Cyhwuhx

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! - Nds

What the hell is that? I see school, I see office, I see weird dances... What kind of game is this?

The movie is hilarious! Made by the same people as Gitaroo-Man i think. No idea what's going on though.

.::: Indeed. It's made by a dev called Inis. Responsible for Gitaroo-Man and a few Romance of the Three Kingdoms's amongst others.

At first I was thinking "Great, another shitty gimmick game for the DS", but that actually looks quite good!

.::: Appearantly the title means something along the lines of...

"Push! Fight! Cheering party!"

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, a rhythm-action game to be released by Nintendo on 28 July, will feature songs from popular Japanese artists. The versions of the songs included in the game will not be sung by the original artists, but will feature singing nevertheless. The following songs are included along with an as-yet-undisclosed hidden song:

Tomoyasu Hotei "Thrill"

Morning Musume "Koi no Dance Site"

The Blue Hearts "Linda Linda"

Asian Kung-Fu Generation "Loop & Loop"

nobodyknows+ "Kokoro odoru"

The Yellow Monkey "Taiyou ga Moeteiru"

Linda Yamamoto "Neraiuchi"

Ulfuls "Gatz daze!!"

Kishidan "One Night Carnival"

L'Arc-en-Ciel "Ready Steady Go"

Yaida Hitomi "Over the Distance"

Road of Major "Taisetsuna mono"

Orange Range "Shanghai Honey"

Game modes include single player mode, multi-player versus and multi-player coop, with up to 4 players playing over wireless. Special stages will also be included for versus mode. The game also features a variety of difficulty modes.

Gamescience.com

:lol:

That looks incredible. No chance of a western release though, judging by how long Band Brothers is taking anyway.

I dont know about that, I hope you're wrong. I've been surprised at some of the stuff that is getting a western release(Ace Attorney, Trauma Center). The already quirky nature of the DS seems to encourage publishers to bring the quirkier titles over to the west that in the past on more traditional consoles I don't think would have been.

But yes, the delay with Band Brothers (and Electroplankton) is frustrating.

It's not the quirkiness, it's the songs. I'm guessing the delay with Band Bros is down to modifiying the track listing for a western audience. This will probably be the same.

Aces, another game to add to my ever-growing "to buy" list!

I doubt it'll see release in this part of the world, but I live in hope :lol:

It's not the quirkiness, it's the songs. I'm guessing the delay with Band Bros is down to modifiying the track listing for a western audience. This will probably be the same.

Hadn't thought of that, good point. At least it looks quite import friendly.

38 is pretty impressive, not that I have much respect for Famitsu scores any more...

.::: It's Famitsu GC, detached from the normal Famitsu and generally slightly biased.

LOL!

Not so sure though once they take out the bonkers Japanese stuff and replace it with Western teen-boy friendly rubbish.

Play Asia are saying 28th... can't afford it anyway. When I get some dough i'm going to go rythm LOOPY and get this and Daigasso.

Anyone got this yet? Mine's on its way from Play-Asia but I've not heard any impressions thus far. Hoping its pedigree with the Gitaroo Man connection will signify its quality...

Oh you bastard. I was quite happy not knowing about this, and now I've read this and I have to buy another game.

There's some good music on there as well, funnily enough. Asian Kung Fu Generation* kick quite a bit of ass for a japanese punk rock group. I don't like the sound of the tunes not being my the original artists, though.

*ditto with Orange Range, in fact. There's something about groups that make opening tracks for martial arts animes, isn't there?

A mate of mine got his copy this morning.

1st impressions is it`s awesome :D

I didn`t get much time on it though, I`ve just ordered my own copy!

I just ordered it off Play-Asia. Not looking to good with the 1 week wait for dispatch, but my lik-sang experiences have been poor.

Finally got this today (import charges to be paid though - damn you, Play-Asia) and after just 5 minutes with it, it's clearly the best thing since sliced Parappa. Looking forward to some quality time with this later on. Music surprisingly beefy for the DS too.