rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Cyhwuhx

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! - Nds

:D Look on the bright side, you get the joy of playing it from the beginning without the frustration of not knowing what the fuck is going on :(

This games fucking broken, man. I'm trying to S Rank everything I was playing the Dodgeball level on Hard and got an "A" Highscore with 23 100's, the rest being 300's. A bit dissapointed I started it again and got 22 100's 1 50 and a fucking S Rank with no high score!!!! How the fuck does that work!?!?!?!!

Now that I'm not sure of. All I know it's one of the high scoring ones and after the S rank I couldn't play for toffee and had to close my DS before it went scooting off down the train in a hissy fit.

The reason you got the S the second time is cos you probably slipped off a 'line' thing at one point of the song, and reset your multiplier, hence the low score.

I'm getting worried about this game now.

After a two-week love affair, i'm finally starting to crack. I don't think i'll ever be able to complete RSG on Normal - let alone on Hard and Insane modes. It's got to the pooint where i wasn't missing a single note (i died with a 227 Combo) but it's now a case of hitting only 300's to progress. I tried for over 2 hours last night and i got as far as the 3 spinners, and no further.

I thought i would have a 'rest', so i went on to 'Over The Distance', to get my first S rank, and for a further two hours, failed to do even that. (I got as good as 117 300's, and 4 100's = NOT EVEN CLOSE TO AN S RANK).

So i went to bed in a bad mood. :P

Please tell me that you guys went through the same thing i'm going through now. Please. PLEASE. :P;)

Stick with it - I had exactly the same thing! Don't worry, you'll beat it eventually :-)

As for on Hard though, I'm having enough trouble reaching as far as RSG :-( Mind you, started playing again this morning after a break of about 2 months and completed 2 songs within about 30 mins :-) slowly but surely I will beat this - just in time for Elite Beat Agents hopefully :-)

The reason you got the S the second time is cos you probably slipped off a 'line' thing at one point of the song, and reset your multiplier, hence the low score.

They really weren't that far apart in score, both at the 2,500,000 mark. I'll just chalk it up to experience.

I just completed RSG on Normal, it was real tough and punished very severely for even the slightest cockup. So I've been put off even attempting to progress in the hard difficulty -- I tried one song in hard, and the gaps between numbers no longer seem to reflect timing meaning having to learn the song (I guess).

I just can't dedicate that amount of effort.

That's a shame man. The game reallly comes alive once you hit hard.

I agree - it matches the songs mroe I find actually..... once you get into the groove it makes mroe sense and becomes easier than on Normal - just maybe takes a bit longer to find the groove though, if that makes sense!

I just completed RSG on Normal, it was real tough and punished very severely for even the slightest cockup. So I've been put off even attempting to progress in the hard difficulty -- I tried one song in hard, and the gaps between numbers no longer seem to reflect timing meaning having to learn the song (I guess).

OOUUUUUEEEEENNNNDDDDDAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!!!

Bah, you guys!

I read your responses earlier, and thought I'd give it another go. Damnit, you were right! Suddenly, the game seemed to make a lot more sense and I did the whole of hard mode in 2 and a half hours, including RSG. I did about 5 or 6 of the tracks on my first try. However, I've started on INSANE mode and now I've truly decided to give up.

It seems you just have to memorise where the blobs appear, and I just don't have that amount of dedication.

You total NOOB! :)

Everyone thinks that, its not about memory at all really. I haven't memorised the patterns, its all about the reactions. Sure, you remember WHEN a tough bit is coming up, but I never 'memorised' the patterns (intentionally at least).

You're all rubbish. I completed this from Easy to Insane in 4 days. GET SOME SKILLS

No, I'm not THAT legendary (I was also drunk while posting last night, so er, excuse any cockiness).

But anyway, I completed the game on insane within 4 days. I had S ranked all of insane by about a week later or something. Not sure..

I think I have an affinity for music games :) Which I've only just recently discovered

Bah, you guys!

I read your responses earlier, and thought I'd give it another go. Damnit, you were right! Suddenly, the game seemed to make a lot more sense and I did the whole of hard mode in 2 and a half hours, including RSG. I did about 5 or 6 of the tracks on my first try. However, I've started on INSANE mode and now I've truly decided to give up.

It seems you just have to memorise where the blobs appear, and I just don't have that amount of dedication.

Nice one! You've certainly surpassed me now - I've just got to RSG on Hard and I just know its going to take me ages to beat it! And I keep getting the song stuck in my head now - well, the intro at least since I hear that mroe than anything else!!

Bah, you guys!

Seriously... keep at it. It also helps to download the OST (link a few pages back).

:)

Bah, you guys!

You will. :)

I've gone back to this game after giving up since last year due to RSG normal kicking my ass.

The off the beat/ off the lyrics bit in section 1 is absolutely slaughtering me, I'm getting worse with each successive play.

Ah shit man, this turned up yesterday, I played til after 1 and then again this morning and now I'm seeing circles closing in on words as I read them :) Is there anywhere particularly good that will give me a rough overview of what everything means? I think I've unlocked easy mode, does that mean I was doing bad or does it just happen? Seems a bit backward though, I thought it would be harder and then mostly screwed up because the things were now so far apart.

It really is so easy. You can do RSG on normal with the volume off, using (edit)sight alone. Actually, have a go at that, you may get a surprising result.

It's amazing - this thread is now over a year old and I don't think it has ever left the first page of the forum. For what is essentially an obscure Japanese rhythym-action game that's quite an accomplishment.

It's amazing - this thread is now over a year old and I don't think it has ever left the first page of the forum. For what is essentially an obscure Japanese rhythym-action game that's quite an accomplishment.

It is, and that's because it is, quite simply, a marvellous, marvellous game. With what I think is one of the most perfectly-pitched difficulty curves ever, RSG notwithstanding. And without that spike you wouldn't get the IMMENSE satisfaction you get from finishing that level.

It is, to my mind, by some distance the best game on DS, definitely my favourite rhythm-action game, and one of the top ten games I've ever played.

I - for the most part agree.

It's just that i'm currently on RSG Normal. And it's kicking my arse. I've played this game every day since i got it, but i've had to had a couple of days rest. Mostly as i was getting annoyed with my lack of ability. :)

I'll go back to it at the weekend and give it another shot.

I've not had time for games or anything else over the last few days as I've been working like a dog. But I'm on holiday next week and it is my mission to finish S-ranking the hard levels by the end of next week. I've only got 5 to go I think - violin man, Over The Distance, giant mouse, robots, and of course RSG.

BTW I take my hat off to all you public-transport-Ouendaneers. I tried it on the train last week and found it virtually impossible to get S-ranks with all the juddering about. I don't know how you do it!

Ranks are almost impossible to get on public transport.

Public lavatories though, slightly more chance :)