rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Cyhwuhx

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! - Nds

Yay, I completed it on insane yesterday :)

Strangely though, I hadn't played it for about 3 weeks, but I went back to it yesterday after watching some S-Ranked RSG videos and I had another go. Managed to complete it in about 4 tries which I was quite pleased with. Only managed to get a B though, almost died on the last second to last sequence. Now to try and get some S-Ranks, and that picture.

I cannot believe how incredibly hard level 14 (cops vs robots) on Insane is. I must've tried it 100 times now but can't get through. On my last try I did a no-miss 280 combo in the first three sections but still only had about 30% energy left. Maybe I'm having a bad day but so far it never took me more than 10-15 tries per song. Frustrating :)

Is it just me or is this level much harder than anything before it?

Definitely. At one point I thought it was on a par with RSG. Having said that, once you've perfected it, it's great fun to go back and blast through with no mistakes.

Not sure if this has been posted before, but for all having trouble with RSG, see this:

This video has made me sad. ^_^

I. WILL. NEVER. BE. ABLE. TO. DO. THIS. ^_^

Definitely. At one point I thought it was on a par with RSG. Having said that, once you've perfected it, it's great fun to go back and blast through with no mistakes.

OUEEEEEENDAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

YES!!! Not only did I beat the level, no I've kept playing it until i got an S-rank with 242 (300s) and 9 (100s) and a score of 2,78+million.

Best. Game. Ever. ^_^

Hmmm. I debating whether to start playing this again. There was one challenge I was thinking of going for.. 100% 300's on insane. I think its doable, but I have too many other games to play..

But reading this makes me want to go back to that beautiful town, where male cheerleaders are the epitome of kindness.

After finally succumbing to all the good reviews this has got here I ordered Ouendan from play-asia last week and it arrived today. I have never been very good at rhythm action games and haven't been able to beat the first challenge on normal difficulty yet but the music and style of the game is so infectious I will definitely persevere and hopefully have my skills honed for when Elite Beat Agents get released.

EDIT: Beat it now with just a C rating ^_^. Great game so far and I don't know why I waited so long to buy it.

Well thanks to the huge amount of praise for this I decided to forego Advance Wars DS and get this - a bargain off ebay too. I'll give my impressions when it arrives. :lol:

Your impressions will be:

Whats this option do?

Ok, circles, rings, tap, ok.

Hahahaha, thats fucking awesome!

Wait, slidey things?

Spinney things?!!

*click* Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I get it.

And the love affair will begin. Bear these in mind:

1)The option on the bottom right of the first screen shows you how to play, then you want the top option then the second from bottom (this starts you on medium difficulty).

2) Practice.

3) seeing as it's from evilBay you'll need this:

When you turnon your DS and get to the Nintendo/Inis intro screen, hold A, B, X, Y, L and R and the same time. Here you will get an choice:

Do you want to delete your save?

Left - Yes

Right - No

If you choose 'yes'...:

Are you sure?

Left - Yes

Right - No

Choose 'yes 'again, and everything will be gone. It will be as if

nothing was ever played, and you can enjoy Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan again

for the first time.

4)Download the soundtrack. If you can't find it ask someone in here to burn it to CD.

5)Practice some more.

There you go :lol:

That sounds good - currently playing Gitaroo Man (picked up cheap) and if it's anywhere near as frustrating as that then I'll have fun (altho DS may end up launched like my PS2 controller has many times tonight).

:lol:

After months of on-off trying I have finally beaten RSG on Hard. Just wanted to share that with everyone.

Oh, and:

cheery_man.jpg

Buy it here.

Hmm do I order a Shadow of the Colossus Tshirt ..........

Damn this place is costing me a fortune :)

YAY!! Finally cracked RSG on Hard this morning - on the tube on the way into work of all places! Think I was gettnig some funny looks as I was spinning wildly towards the end :-)

Loving the new cheerleaders on insane, buy my god its hard!! Still, feeling pretty pleased with myself so just going to bask in my personal glory.... and maybe go order that t-shirt :-)

After months of on-off trying I have finally beaten RSG on Hard. Just wanted to share that with everyone.

Oh, and:

cheery_man.jpg

Buy it here.

matt!, from this very forum, designed that shirt.

Does that Ouendan T-shirt not annoy anyone else then? Or am I the only person that geeky / pedantic?

Does that Ouendan T-shirt not annoy anyone else then? Or am I the only person that geeky / pedantic?

Yeah, I know what you mean (either one end should be a 3 or it should be a different colour with a beach ball on it right? :))

They have to be careful with IP's and the like. Hence the font etc.

Think of it as a homage.

Now that I've completed RSG on insane I can definitely say that level 14 was much more difficult for me. Don't know why, RSG just clicked much quicker (20 tries maybe). Now I'll go and S rank everything :)

This post is pretty tame after Kes' there but I finally did RSG on normal.

I'm pretty chuffed as I was beginning to think I was never, ever going to do it.

I just finished the first level on hard mode as well, it was fun.

Kes - Level 14? Shanghai Honey or Salaryman vs Giant Enemy Mouse?

I know what you mean. I spent bloody ages on RSG on Hard, and what happens on Insane? I finish it first time because I'm so used to it from Hard mode.

Could hardly believe it.

Got my copy in this morning and have been grinning like an idiot playing this since - I'm currently trying to get past RSG just now - damn I think I may need some coffee to perk me up.