rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Cyhwuhx

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! - Nds

Kes - Level 14? Shanghai Honey or Salaryman vs Giant Enemy Mouse?

I know what you mean. I spent bloody ages on RSG on Hard, and what happens on Insane? I finish it first time because I'm so used to it from Hard mode.

Could hardly believe it.

Shanghai Honey (cops vs. robots) is the one that gave me so much trouble. I've been thinking about why RSG was so much easier for me and I've come to the conclusion that's because RSG is so incredibly hectic and packed that you don't have time to think - you just play along with the music. Whereas Shanghai Honey has lots of breaks and off-tempo beats and stuff like that. I actually had to memorize the whole song before I could beat it.

Yeah, same here. It's that last section that goes totally haywire with the tempo of the song in Shangai Honey that got me. It's faster than you think, and it goes all over the shop.

I was expecting Salaryman to be a nightmare since it took me ages on Hard, but it was surprisingly easy - I had a tiny bit of hassle at the end, but I finished it pretty quickly.

Following on from my last post, does anyone have a favourite pattern where they can just tap along at speed really well and enjoy the rhythm of the level? For me it's got to be the (Insane) Cleopatra level; it may not have the best song in Ouendan, but I love the fluidity of the pattern - there arent any spinners that feel like they shouldn't belong, for example - and there's a great sense of accomplishment each time I S-Rank it.

Following on from my last post, does anyone have a favourite pattern where they can just tap along at speed really well and enjoy the rhythm of the level? For me it's got to be the (Insane) Cleopatra level; it may not have the best song in Ouendan, but I love the fluidity of the pattern - there arent any spinners that feel like they shouldn't belong, for example - and there's a great sense of accomplishment each time I S-Rank it.

Babybabybaby baby baby baby bay-by!

That one, the dodgeball level. On Insane. Just fits really well, I think. I like One Night Carnival as well for that.

Babybabybaby baby baby baby bay-by!

That one, the dodgeball level. On Insane. Just fits really well, I think. I like One Night Carnival as well for that.

o/\o

Dodgeball is just lush. I like how the sliders are used during the verses too.

Where is this image taken from and what are those stars above?

64be.jpg

Edit - It looks like the Wi-Fi mode, seeing as there's a signal strength sign in the top right corner. Has anyone actually played it multiplayer? I've heard there are new storylines.

We played a few games of multiplayer Ouendan at the York meet, didn't see any stars like that. Plus there is the name of which player is currently playing in the bottom right corner - unless that's a name in the top right and I'm just remembering wrong.

That's probablt a very old screenshot. It definitely looks like multiplayer though.

By the way, does anybody ever get the odd occurrance when the spin wheels don't actually spin? I was playing RSG on Insane again and got up to the very last spinner - which wouldn't bloody move until the circle had almost closed in. I missed about 90% of the spin as a result, and only scraped through because I had plenty of energy in reserve.

It was irritating.

I know that it's generally pretty obvious what's happening in the manga, but has anyone on the interweb done a full translation of the texts? I want to see what the evil secretaries, beleaguered pyramid-builders, and petulant school children are actually saying!

We played a few games of multiplayer Ouendan at the York meet, didn't see any stars like that. Plus there is the name of which player is currently playing in the bottom right corner - unless that's a name in the top right and I'm just remembering wrong.

There are two modes in multiplayer:

Versus

and

Turns

The versus mode has you playing continuously and if you get a certain combo, it charges up the stars and sends an 'attack' to the opposite player which shakes the screen up and obscures the view.

Not sure I remember the Ouendan folks in it, though as it has the monkeys, boxers baseball teams and racing drivers on the top screen, but then again I could be wrong about that.

Aye, I've realised this now, wish I'd played the versus mode. Again I echo the need for a full translation of this game :)

Only Mouseman and RSG left to S Rank on Hard now, then it's onto insane. All on public trasnport, no less.

You're just rubbing it in now!

Plus I completely failed to even play Ouendan on my whole week's holiday - every possible DS moment was taken up with Pokemon Link and Trauma Centre. The shame!

I'm trying to S-Rank secretary on Insane, the level is so god-damn hard. I just can't seem to get the rhythm correct. Other levels S-Ranking is pretty straight forward, you just tap to the beat and you're like to get an S, but with the early levels, there are so few things to press and I think that's what's screwing me over. Tips anyone?

You're just rubbing it in now!

Plus I completely failed to even play Ouendan on my whole week's holiday - every possible DS moment was taken up with Pokemon Link and Trauma Centre. The shame!

:) and all that mental preparation as well :) I did mouseman but I forgot I hadn't done One Night Carnival. And it's a right cunt. Fucksocks.

I just beat Hard mode! I got an 'A' on Ready Steady Go on my fourth try. I was in the zone. Best game ever.

Currently have a hand like a claw trying (in vain) to get past one night carnival on hard - something about the song throws me every time.

Thanks everyone who advised me to buy this - most fun I've had in ages on a single game

Same bit I'm stuck in mine. As soon as the backdrop turns into the sort of battlefield scene, I get screwed.

Ave given up on RSG/Ouendan in general for the moment.

I shall come back to it but RSG is just too much of a cunt of a song to enjoy.

I have managed to get a girl in office hooked on Ouendan

One Night Carnival fell to the mighty S Rank last night, which was nice. I was getting stupid score on RSG on one attempt until I got to the last section and it threw me comepletely. Faced with a choice of stabbing my DS repeatedly with me stylus until it's screen bled or putting it away in me bag I went with the latter.

And now RSG has fallen to S Rank. "But what conditions did you do this in, Moosey?!" I hear you cry. Well, stood up, on a train, after work, with a pissed up Notts Forest fan bellowing football chants behind me. 5.7 million an all.

I put this on my DS today, and was so confused I weeped openly.

It's in Japanese, what the hell?

What the fuck am I meant to be doing?

I put this on my DS today, and was so confused I weeped openly.

It's in Japanese, what the hell?

What the fuck am I meant to be doing?

Is it a new copy or did you get it second hand?

Typically of Oendan after spending ages trying to get past ONC I put it on late last night and aced through it 1st time (altho when I got to the last section and realised I was nearly done I got sweaty stylus hand syndrome) :P

Then aced Over the Distance , Giant Rat and Robots 1st time. I was truly in the zone - unfortunately then I got to RSG again and it all fell apart.

My evening is mapped out now though - RSG until I get hand cramp or finish the swine to unlock Insane mode :P