Sign in to follow this  
Cyhwuhx

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! - Nds

THE TIME: 2051 GMT

THE PLACE: My room

THE EVENT:

I completed RSG on normal!

Yes!

I played this game every day since i bought it, flew through normal, but got stuck on RSG. I thought i would never do it. But someone - i think it was dood - said i should take a break. so i didn't play it for 4 weeks (Maybe a bit too long in hindsight - but i was gettting back into GTA:SA - so there you go)

Spooky :)

Hard mode is were it's at for me.

The tiny targets, the strange ability to cover half the screen with my hand, and peeking at the dancing girls, render insane mode a bit much.

I've played the first 20 seconds of RSG on Hard so many times that the lyrics have lost all meaning.

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!

Exactly the same here. It's a real bastard.

In other news - my girlfriend FOUND my lost Ouendan cart! It had fallen into the lining of my suitcase. Me=happy!

Oh yes.

Finished S-ranking Hard mode! Violin man, ghost boyfriend, giant mouse, killer robots and RSG all fell before me this afternoon.

So it's back on to Insane for more S-ranks. I'd forgotten how small those circles were.

Also, I'm up to a total score of 56 million-odd. The magical 60 is within my grasp...

It just gets better!

I'm now half way through S-ranking Insane (I'm up to the election) with a total score of 62 million.

Strangely, I'm finding the Insane S-ranks easier to achieve than the Hard ones were. Perhaps because I've learned the songs and patterns completely by now.

If you can manage it on normal you should have a piss easy time with it on hard I'd say.

I found it that way, sadly the same can't be said for RSG on Insane which kicked my arse the other day when I picked it up after a few months off. I need to do it before I get EBA. Insane's so much fun overall though, when you first see it with the tiny wee circles you just think "Fuck that" and try a song or two as a novelty almost, but it really is the most fun level. Maybe it helps you really know the songs by this point too and stuff.

It just gets better!

I'm now half way through S-ranking Insane (I'm up to the election) with a total score of 62 million.

Strangely, I'm finding the Insane S-ranks easier to achieve than the Hard ones were. Perhaps because I've learned the songs and patterns completely by now.

Have you done the egyptian girl yet? That was a bitch to S rank for me :D

Oh and if you think you've learned the patterns, there a few bits in the final songs which are mean, compared to hard. :angry:

What a bloody game. :angry:

I found it that way, sadly the same can't be said for RSG on Insane which kicked my arse the other day when I picked it up after a few months off. I need to do it before I get EBA. Insane's so much fun overall though, when you first see it with the tiny wee circles you just think "Fuck that" and try a song or two as a novelty almost, but it really is the most fun level. Maybe it helps you really know the songs by this point too and stuff.

Totally. Ouendan has the most perfectly judged learning curve ever, I think.

Have you done the egyptian girl yet? That was a bitch to S rank for me :D

Oh and if you think you've learned the patterns, there a few bits in the final songs which are mean, compared to hard. :angry:

What a bloody game. :angry:

Not yet - I think she's next after the election guys. The obsessive compulsive in me likes to do them in the "right" order, i.e. as they appear on the scores table.

There's no doubt in my mind that Ouendan is one of the most perfect games ever made. I'm struggling to think of any way it could be better.

There's no doubt in my mind that Ouendan is one of the most perfect games ever made. I'm struggling to think of any way it could be better.

MEGADETH :angry:

But yeah, Ouendan's ace to the max. Can't wait for Elite Beat Agents.

Indeed indeed. I'm up to Cleopatra now and you're right, it's rock hard to S-rank. I'm having real trouble with the spinners more than anything on this one.

Still, there are only a few levels left to S-rank and I'm determined to do them all before EBA arrives.

As much as I love the game I got stuck for 6 weeks on RSG on normal and never went back. A game that can make you lose even when you hit every single marker just isn't fair.

As much as I love the game I got stuck for 6 weeks on RSG on normal and never went back. A game that can make you lose even when you hit every single marker just isn't fair.

Everyone comes across that difficulty spike, go back to it. Not only will you get a huge adrenaline rush when you do it, but the game really comes into it's own on Hard mode.

Go back to it and persevere, it's worth it ;)

I'm having trouble just completing Easy Mode.

Easy mode is actually harder than Normal mode as it's so sloooooooow and there's less margin for error. Seriously, try Normal mode. ;)

(shirubagan... 29 today! :D )

Everyone comes across that difficulty spike, go back to it. Not only will you get a huge adrenaline rush when you do it, but the game really comes into it's own on Hard mode.

Go back to it and persevere, it's worth it :)

I did, must have tried it ten times a day for six weeks. Can't do it, sadly. In all that time I only made to just past the first check point.

What happened t the US release of the game? Did it retain the jap music?

It's an entirely new game, search for Elite Beat Agents on here, there's a big thread about it. It has new charactcers, a new story, and western music.

I'm struggling loads with RSG on Normal, I just got to the third part for the first time, and then died on the fucking spinny things, fuck sake!

edit: Yes! Did it on the next attempt, how sweet is this game :) I'm really not prepared for hard mode though.

Oh and the guys who said Easy was harder than Normal are kidding themselves, Easy was so easy.

What the fuck is with this massive difficulty spike?

I'm only on the second difficulty setting (so medium I guess) and everything up to this point has been really quite easy, taking 5 or 6 attemps on 3 or 4 tracks at most. Yet now, I've been stuck on Ready Steady Go for 2 days, it's ridiculous.

Well I just managed to get past it after a million retries - and then I completed the first song on hard in one attempt.

Did no one playtest this game or what? :/

I always assumed that was the point - same in EBA, that after the insanely difficult final level the first few levels of the next difficulty are a relief.

Imagine how exhausting it'd be to face an even harder task after what you've just been through, all the while knowing the game would get only harder! Madness!

Isn't that the point of harder difficulty modes... that they're harder?

You don't go through the agony of waiting for the intro of RSG to finish for the 300th time so you can play some easier levels afterwards. You want the next challenge to be more difficult than the last. The problem with this being RSG came out of nowhere, everything before it was piss easy and then you just hit a brick wall.

I'm already dreading when I get to it on hard.

I'm not sure - to put it in context, when playing Halo or Ninja Gaiden on higher difficulties I expect the earlier levels to still be easier than the final one on the previous difficulty level. But, you do have a point that the jump up to RSG is unusually steep (artificially made worse by the long intro).

In anticipation of EBA arriving, while I was working away last week I thought I'd have a crack at finishing off my great S-rank quest. I'm nearly there, but the last few insane levels (Cleo onwards) are stuck on A. Everything else on all settings is S. So close...

Then I got home this weekend to find bloody EBA hasn't turned up yet anyway. :)

Perhaps I'm simply not supposed to get it until I've properly finished Ouendan.