rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Cyhwuhx

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! - Nds

I'm close to trading this in because I can't do the spinny things on RSG hard mode and thus can't continue. It's probably been discussed before but I can't go through 124 pages.

What tips do you have for spinners?

Draw ovals, longer in height than in width. Dont try and start super fast, slowly build up your speed. And get one of Blue's handmade wooden stylii (see the trading folder).

What this ^ man said. I'm using a long stylus with Mario Kart on top and the extra speed I can get really helps.

If you want to get S ranks I'd consider using a broomhandle.

I can't for the life of me do RSG on Hard. I've been trying for days, but can rarely get past the second bit with the flower like circles. I'm rubbish, yes?

A longer stylus does help, but these days I can use the DS stylus to get perfects fairly regularly. Longer stylii are good for initially working out the pattern, because I find my hand covers half the screen with short stylii such as the DS one. Once the pattern's been irreversibly carved into your mind you can tap out the patterns using a short stlyus without too much trouble.

Then it's just a case of working on your timing. <_<

Nearly a year after getting the game, and nearly 10 months of being stuck on RSG on Hard, I managed to beat it without too much trouble after getting used to EBA on Insane mode (I unlocked that today as well!), I'm only one the homework kid at the moment, which I was pretty close to beating a few times, but missed keep on missing a few beats and by the time I get back on track, I've lost way too much energy and can't recover from it, although I expect I'll quickly be back in here posting about being stuck on RSG on Insane soon.

The OST of this song is some fucking uplifting shit. Had a bad day today now I'm dancing around the house with a massive grin.

Kokoro odoru anko ru wakasu DANCE DANCE DANCE READY GO!!

:)

It's so much better when you're playing.

"OSU, OSU-OSU! OSU, OSU-OSU! OSU! OSU OSU!"

*guitar solo crescendo*

"kokoro wa (hashiru) ano sora no shita

karamawari suru kimochi ga sakebi dasu no o tomerarenai

kimi made (todoke) kitto ato sukoshi

atsuku hizashi ga terasu kono michi no mukou

READY STEADY GO

OH, PLEASE, TRUST ME!"

Like Gitaroo-Man, the game knows how to make you feel like a big damn hero at the right moments.

It's so much better when you're playing.

"OSU, OSU-OSU! OSU, OSU-OSU! OSU! OSU OSU!"

*guitar solo crescendo*

"kokoro wa (hashiru) ano sora no shita

karamawari suru kimochi ga sakebi dasu no o tomerarenai

kimi made (todoke) kitto ato sukoshi

atsuku hizashi ga terasu kono michi no mukou

READY STEADY GO

OH, PLEASE, TRUST ME!"

Like Gitaroo-Man, the game knows how to make you feel like a big damn hero at the right moments.

Except when its your 50th time watching that sodding intro!

Yeah, you do get sick of that intro. On Hard I usually get about 5 seconds of actual gameplay before death for my first 30 attempts which is just tiring.

Oh man, I'm hooked on Ouendan all over again. Thanks to Celebrity Big Brother hijacking the TV for the evening, I decided to dust off Ouendan again for a few goes, and have just unlocked the third difficulty setting.

Is the third one what you're all referring to as 'Hard'? Cos up to this point I thought you were referring to pointy-sideburns guy.

I haven't bothered with the new difficulty yet though, as I'm determined to S-rank RSG with pointy sideburns first.

When I first tried it, I laughed at how absurdly difficult it seemed, but it's amazing how quickly you acclimatise. The song is just fantastic, too. The perfect song for the game's climax, as well as seeing all the characters you've helped along the way uniting. BRILLIANT!

Sometimes though, I wish my right hand was made of glass or something.

Sometimes though, I wish my right hand was made of glass or something.

I was trying to figure out what you meant here for a minute or two, but I guess you mean your hand gets in the way of the screen? If so, you may benefit from a bigger stylus (as many poele have done) - pop over to the trading folder and have a look at the sticky there.

Bump, I read a few pages of the thread but I can't find the answer, so forgive me if this has already been asked. I just finished the game with the girls, is there anything left? Obviously I didn't unlock any new difficulty level, but after the credits it said 'tsudzuku', which means to be contined... is there something special if i s rank everything or something?

I was trying to figure out what you meant here for a minute or two, but I guess you mean your hand gets in the way of the screen? If so, you may benefit from a bigger stylus (as many poele have done) - pop over to the trading folder and have a look at the sticky there.

Indeedy! I've got a DS Lite though, so I haven't got a super-stubby stylus. I may venture to the trading folder if problems persist :o

Ah, that'll be it. Shit, that's going to be really dull, I think I've only done the first level of it so far.

Sorry :o. I couldnt be bothered to go through easy mode either, it is painfully boring and slow after the hard modes.

you must have a noob friend! Let them do it as an introduction to Ouendan! :( Then tell them about EBA if it's too japanese :)

Crikey, I skipped easy and recently started playing easy.... crikey when they say easy they mean it don't they? It was indeed rather dull.

What

the

fook

is going on here? I just got this today and I don't seem to be doing it right at all. Only on the 2nd building, and I think I'm on easy level (top option when you start?) but I run out of dynamite fuse thing all the time even if I only miss one or two beats. Is 300 the most you can get each time and do I need to be getting that a lot more? Getting quite a few 100s.

Just tried again & got the same. There's a bit where a yellow ball starts off over a rainbow and nothing else comes up while it's wobbling over there & my little fuse all runs out waiting for the next circles to come on... Have I basically cocked up too badly prior to this bit? Thought I was doing ok.

What

the

fook

is going on here? I just got this today and I don't seem to be doing it right at all. Only on the 2nd building, and I think I'm on easy level (top option when you start?) but I run out of dynamite fuse thing all the time even if I only miss one or two beats. Is 300 the most you can get each time and do I need to be getting that a lot more? Getting quite a few 100s.

Nah the easy difficulty is the bottom one.

Its the guy with the shaved head, red band and glasses

This may help:

http://crackedrabbitgaming.com/guides/ouen...nu-translation/

I just got this today and I don't seem to be doing it right at all. Only on the 2nd building, and I think I'm on easy level (top option when you start?) but I run out of dynamite fuse thing all the time even if I only miss one or two beats. Is 300 the most you can get each time and do I need to be getting that a lot more? Getting quite a few 100s.

The kid with the glasses is the easiest mode. I think you chose the guy with the funny sideburns.

Anyway, yeah, 300 is the best you can score on a beat. Just keep at it; it'll click in no time.

EDIT: Never mind, BSE beat me to it.

AHHHHH you have to follow the ball along on those little track ones.

I love this game.

Yeah Easy is rubbish for sure. Normal is fine once you actually have clue#1 what the hell you're doing :P