Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! - Nds

Oh yeah - never realised that before now. Knew it was developed by iNis so thought there was a chance. Oh well :wacko: Maybe gameloft will rip it off :(

I still have trouble believing that iNis went from the Ouendan/EBA series to Lips.

• 3 years later...

Needed my DS Lite for work a few months back. Dug it out, must have been unused for almost three years. Still had charge and this was in the card slot. That was an excellent evening.

Why on earth isn't it on iOS yet? Poor INIS. From this and Gitaroo Man to Lips and wretched F2P bobbins for Square Enix. :(

• Upvote 1

I've just this second put down this game - picked it up again recently after hearing the soundtrack come up on shuffle which made me want to replay it. Enjoying it just as much as when I first played it however many years ago. Such a great game!

Over the distance still makes me well up.....

• Upvote 1

The subtitle of this thread makes me giggle everytime. Like, we were all 'Cheerleaders? WTF?' biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I miss subtitles :(

Over the distance, I can remember many a drunken rant to a mate about how moving that was. He didn't understand. I'll never forget it though.

I bought two Yaiko albums on the strength of that track.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Back in the UK and digging through some old stuff. Find my DS in a case with Ouendan 1 / 2. If you have this game somewhere dig it out and play it again. I challenge anyone not to smile like a loon on the final level of Ouendan 2. Possibly my favourite level of any game ever.

• Upvote 7

Ah, for the glory days of the forum when you could get an epic thread on the subject of an import-only rhythm action game!

Ouendan though, such great games. Still the best character-based rhythm action ever made. Such a shame iNiS fell into obscurity.

• Upvote 5

Linda Linda is on the ps4 version of Taiko ! (I have both versions @_@ )

Ouendan is my favorate music game with rock band and project diva a little behind! (really like persona music but the actual music game is just okay for me) 

I grew to like EBA more. Ouendan has "lol so quirky" going for it, but I prefer EBA's difficulty curve; you get fast complex patterns in EBA fairly soon, whereas I feel like Ouendan's patterns started getting interesting a little too late. (I haven't tried Ouendan 2 though, and people have said that the pacing of that game's challenge is much closer to EBA. :) )

I watched Linda Linda Linda earlier this year which was like a John Hughes film centered on a high school talent contest where these girls who are just alright at playing (and one who is trying to show her old band she doesn't need them) decide to perform Linda Linda by the Blue Hearts. A spoiler free trailer (don't watch the performance though as it is basically the point of the film!)

And the Blue Hearts themselves:

What a song.

• Upvote 6
  • 5 months later...