rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Cyhwuhx

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! - Nds

Can't bloody wait. :( Just pre-ordered it, assumed I'd already done so but had a look and I hadn't. Would have been very pissed in a few weeks time waiting for a non-existent package, phew.

A DS game should not be able to do to me what Ouendan just did.

My zillionth go at Ready Steady Go on Normal. Normal, FFS - not even Hard! I actually got past the spinny things section for only the second time ever, and with my heart pounding and eyes flashing I somehow powered through the rapid onslaught of the next bit, only to lose it just before the end (I presume) when it went back to the previous patterns.

I had to stop playing, sit down and have a cup of tea before I could even type this.

I have never been so affected by any game I have ever played, I don't think. It's not right. It keeps punishing me and punishing me and yet I still want to play it :)

A DS game should not be able to do to me what Ouendan just did.

:) I can't help but feel for you reading this beacuse the exact same thing has happened to me before so many times.

Most recently (and annoyingly) I was playing Ouendan on the train and I had just started to get confident enough with RSG on insane to attempt it in full. When I went to switch trains I was about to attempt the last portion of the song, I had a great score and a full bar to boot.

When I switched trains I waited for the ticket guy to come and go, and picked a quiet seat, faced towards the window with my headphones and opened my DS.

I just started to finish the song, when some fucktard walks up to me and asks if this is the London Paddington Train... I'm sat underneath one of those signs which tells you all the stops of the train, so decide to ignore him.

He continues to wave and whoop in front of me for a further 30 seconds... at which point my concentration completely goes and a fail a horrible failure TWO NOTES from the end of what would have been a beautiful victory.

I was furious, but there's no point explaining it to him.. I :o I was so angry, I couldn't play it for another few hours.

I beat it about two days later. :P Hang in there darling.

He continues to wave and whoop in front of me for a further 30 seconds... at which point my concentration completely goes and a fail a horrible failure TWO NOTES from the end of what would have been a beautiful victory.

:):o

I would have made HIM do it for you. At gunpoint.

Just done it :(

That's normal mode cleared on Ouendan and EBA now, hard mode here I come!

The subtitle of this thread makes me giggle everytime. Like, we were all 'Cheerleaders? WTF?' :D:lol::)

How cruel, I thought someone had announced OTO3 when I saw this bump. :D

I was hoping it had been announced for the iPad or somethin' :lol:

I was hoping it had been announced for the iPad or somethin' :lol:

No chance, it's Nintendo's game.

although this might make it one day...

[yt]uDaHsTYLBlU[/yt]

No chance, it's Nintendo's game.

Oh yeah - never realised that before now. Knew it was developed by iNis so thought there was a chance. Oh well :lol: Maybe gameloft will rip it off :lol:

OTO3 is well overdue. 3DS game maybe? PLEASE GOD.

That is some seriously pointless thread necromancy.

Pimpin' ma wares, innit.

Oh yeah - never realised that before now. Knew it was developed by iNis so thought there was a chance. Oh well :wacko: Maybe gameloft will rip it off :(

I still have trouble believing that iNis went from the Ouendan/EBA series to Lips.

Needed my DS Lite for work a few months back. Dug it out, must have been unused for almost three years. Still had charge and this was in the card slot. That was an excellent evening.

Why on earth isn't it on iOS yet? Poor INIS. From this and Gitaroo Man to Lips and wretched F2P bobbins for Square Enix. :(

• Upvote 1

Thought this bump was going to be about a new 3DS version. Curse you! You're right about Ready, Steady, Go! though. I used to have that as one of my running tracks, always went a little bit faster whilst it was on.

I've just this second put down this game - picked it up again recently after hearing the soundtrack come up on shuffle which made me want to replay it. Enjoying it just as much as when I first played it however many years ago. Such a great game!

Over the distance still makes me well up.....

• Upvote 1

Over the distance, I can remember many a drunken rant to a mate about how moving that was. He didn't understand. I'll never forget it though.

• Upvote 2

The subtitle of this thread makes me giggle everytime. Like, we were all 'Cheerleaders? WTF?' biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I miss subtitles :(

Over the distance, I can remember many a drunken rant to a mate about how moving that was. He didn't understand. I'll never forget it though.

I bought two Yaiko albums on the strength of that track.

BEST FUCKING SOUNDTRACK EVER! :wub:

Sitting here working and rocking out to the best J-Pop tunes ever collected together for a video game about male cheerleaders.

Going to complete it again soon I think. :)

• Upvote 3

Back in the UK and digging through some old stuff. Find my DS in a case with Ouendan 1 / 2. If you have this game somewhere dig it out and play it again. I challenge anyone not to smile like a loon on the final level of Ouendan 2. Possibly my favourite level of any game ever.

• Upvote 7

Ah, for the glory days of the forum when you could get an epic thread on the subject of an import-only rhythm action game!

Ouendan though, such great games. Still the best character-based rhythm action ever made. Such a shame iNiS fell into obscurity.

• Upvote 5

I just got Taiko No Tatsujin on the Switch as an early Christmas present and was over the moon when I saw One Night Carnival in the playlist. :wub:

• Upvote 2