Resident Evil 5- 360/PS3

stellar12

So who is that then? Billy or a new character?

Surprised they've released screen shots so soon. Looks like Capcom will be going the way of Ubisoft with yearly updates. Looks lovely and crisp though. Second picture won't load due to being a bandwith hog or is it just a copy of the first. Shame it's not announced for the Revolution yet. I thought it was always Mikami's dream to have all the games playable on one system, the Revolution would make that possible.

Surprised they've released screen shots so soon. Looks like Capcom will be going the way of Ubisoft with yearly updates.

Not exactly a new concept for Capcom.

Anyhow I doubt we'll see this until 2007 at least although I'll be happy to be proved wrong.

Waiting six years between 3 and 4 was depressing, although as it turned out the wait was worth it.

I really hope that this time you can replay each chapter/mission on harder settings on completion. That would elevate the replay value to Goldeneye levels.

Surprised they've released screen shots so soon. Looks like Capcom will be going the way of Ubisoft with yearly updates. Looks lovely and crisp though. Second picture won't load due to being a bandwith hog or is it just a copy of the first. Shame it's not announced for the Revolution yet. I thought it was always Mikami's dream to have all the games playable on one system, the Revolution would make that possible.

You'll be able to play more Resident Evil games on the PS3 than you will on the Revolution though.

2nd image "removed due to too much bandwidth being used"?

Otherwise....I'm gibbering, literally gibbering, with excitement.

Gibber, gibber, gibber, gibber...

See?

Ahem. Points. I do have some.

The first shot says to me "Wild West Shanty Town", or "Mehico". This is most intriguing, a dusty, desert setting could be most excellent. Seems to be a new character too, which doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I'm excited.

That main character is SO Chris Redfield. Except all rugged, he's probably now a mercenary or something <_<

Yep, that's what I think. It couldn't be more Chris Redfield if he had his name sewn into his flak jacket!

YAY! Chris rocks!

I'm quite giddy with excitement for the next gen now. Or maybe not. Still, RE5. YAY!

But part of the reason Resident Evil 4 was so good was the GameCube pad and I don't think the XBox360 or PS3 pads look anywhere near as intuitive.

'Bash R3' I think not.

How queer.

Why would it say that and not "Press A+B" or "Press L+R triggers" again? I don't think the cube pad in any way aided the design of RE4, hence the reason it's being ported to the PS2.

No suprise but fantastic news nonetheless and im glad its coming out for 360 aswell as the PS3.

I hope thats Chris, Id prefer it if you played as a character from 1-4 instead of a character new to the series.

How queer.

Why would it say that and not "Press A+B" or "Press L+R triggers" again? I don't think the cube pad in any way aided the design of RE4, hence the reason it's being ported to the PS2.

I was picking an extreme to be fair but I think the GameCube pad really aided Resident Evil 4 making it almost instantly playable. The GameCube pad unlike any of its competitors has prioritised buttons, Nintendo has championed it from the off, Miyamoto said the A button was so nice he'd like to make a game where all you do is press it.

He didn't but I do think the buttons on the Gamecube pad are a tad brilliant. Resident Evil has so much for that A button to do, you rest your thumb on it and roll your thumb to hit the second important button B or the auxillary buttons X and Y.

It'll work fine on the PS2 (and PS3 and XBox360) but none of these pads will be as intuitive, its just one of those things, everypad should have a big fat arcade-style green A button. You'll see when you're trying to save yourself in Resident Evil 5 and hammering at those tiny buttons <_<