Resident Evil 5- 360/PS3

stellar12

Saw the Gold edition for twenty quid, with Move compatibility. On the back, the two DLC segments say something vague like 'may need to progress to certain point in main game to access' - does this mean that rather than being selectable from a menu, they've been slotted into the relevant points between chapters in the main game?

• 1 year later...

Just bought this yet again. The call of Mercenaries online, Desperate Escape and Lost in Nightmares is just too great!

Please, please if you bought this, got completely confused and thought Shiva's AI was a cunt (it is) give it another go. Select random internet partner and it's the best AI ever, and integrates seemlessly. Split-screen co-op's a blast as well.

My most played and enjoyed game this gen along with Mass Effect 2, Uncharted 2 and Hot Pursuit.

Get over it!

• 2 years later...

The PC version is GFWL but this is apparently getting removed soon and replaced with Steamworks. The DLC stuff is getting a released on PC? Only took them a few years but nice older games are still getting support.

At chapter 5 now... this is all pretty bad. :(

It's clunky, has bad and cheap level design, contains horrible dialogue, some of the worst AI I've seen, performance issues and the 'puzzles' seem to cater to the CoD crowd. Can't wait to finish it so I can use it as a coaster.

It seems every Resi singleplayer after 4 is just a glorified Raid/Mercenaries mode. Ugh.

Oh my fucking christ, this is one of the few games if not the game to make me want to break the disc. I'm at the last chapter now (6-3) and the game throws two insta-kill enemies at me which soak up every single bullet you throw at them. On top of that they later spawn 2 minicunts and a shit load of insta-kill melee enemies. To make matters even worse, that dumb bitch Sheva doesn't do a single fucking thing. NOTHING!

Good times.

Fuck this dumb fucking piece of shit to the fucking netherrealm. Christ I can't believe I've actually wasted hours playing this. But I will preserve as I just need to put a bullet into Wesker's ugly face to end this bloody nightmare.

I played this for the first time a few months back. Good fun in co-op but I imagine it must be painful solo.

My favourite thing was constantly pressing the interaction button so my partner was slowly driven insane by the sound of "ShevaShevaComeonHURRYShevaHURRY" ad infinitum. I imagine I'm probably not alone in this.

RE6 is amazing. Spainkiller was right all along.

The man has a good taste. RE6 has some of the best third person combat mechanics ever (even though the game didn't do a very good job of explaining them) with its quickshots, slides, counters, stamina management, melee finishers and dodge rolls. Gears of War this ain't (even though quite a few people played it like that).

http://www.pdf-archive.com/2012/10/11/resident-evil-6-advanced-controls-guide-ps3-1/

It's basically a hybrid of God Hand, Vanquish and Resi 4. It's a shame then that the campaigns have their fair share of design problems, but it really shines in Mercenaries mode.

RE6's mechanics with Mikami quality level design and pacing would be a GOAT action game.

y2nRVdT.gif

0CN6rmh.gif

Ig9tyKz.gif

ibjmnBJxL1SI1w.gif

iildGZ7Y6FfYm.gif

Rebuying the game on PS3 and reading through that guide is completely what changed my mind and opened my eyes.

The combat "sandbox" is so much fun to manipulate! So much fun. It really is an odd game and the "kitchen sink" approach to content and pacing melts away when you've mastered the mechanics.

Yes, Spainkiller was right all along.

• 6 years later...

Just finished this on series X. Still one of my favourite games ever. It's just so OTT and fun and one of the last actual games where you unlock actual useful stuff. Just finished the story and got two new costumes and iv jumped straight back into a hard play through.

Only downsides were fire kill boss and wesker. They feel very out of context.