Resident Evil 5- 360/PS3

stellar12

144 pages so I am sure this has been said a squillion times, but I had my 1st blast on the demo the other day at Hoodedclaws, and I was really disappointed with the controls. It felt clunkier than a rusty Raleigh Choppers gear stick where the knob had fallen off.

There's a Gears of War option, plays much better.

There's a Gears of War option, plays much better.

Nah, I found the GoW (which it defaults to in the demo) actually feels clunkier than the Resi-4 Style controls. I still had more trouble than I should have though, since I kept wishing the A and X buttons were the other way around <_<

quote name='Goose' date='Jan 19 2009, 08:55 PM']

I liked Wesker when the cat was in the shadows. I don't want him going all devil may cry on my ass. Some really great looking stuff in that extended trailer though, love that bit on the boat in the storm.

A fair comment, but I have a feeling they'll be wrapping up a lot of threads in this one, so he has to be more involved. Plus maaaaaan epic QTE's with Wesker (after Krauser in 4) is somehting I'm looking forward to! Especially since there's potential for mad 2 player fights ^_^

I liked Wesker when the cat was in the shadows. I don't want him going all devil may cry on my ass. Some really great looking stuff in that extended trailer though, love that bit on the boat in the storm.

He's been all ''devil may cry'' for a while now.

He's just been upping his meds recently, he's got a lot more freaky.

Yeah, Wesker's been dancing round all red-eye Matrix style since Veronica, which was waaaay before Matrix.

Or was it? Can't remember actually and now I think of it there's a cut scene in Veronica featuring the annoying boy-kid Steve jumping through a window from on high wielding the two gold lugers. The action slows right down and the camera pans round him slightly whilst the broken glass from the window hangs suspended mid-air. Which was a very Matrix looking moment.

CV was released in 2000, the Matrix came out in 1999.

But it's not as if slow motion was never seen before then, or something. That bit you mention with Steve was notable for its awkwardness.

Also, there's nothing ''Matrix style'' about the way Wesker moves in CV.

Also, there's nothing ''Matrix style'' about the way Wesker moves in CV.

I dunno. When he beats Jill up outside the Ashford Mansion I recall him slip-sliding around with a somewhat super-human zing.

Although to be clear I'm not trying to argue that Wesker is some kind of Neo rip, but that he's been the obviously more than human chap that he appears to be in RE5 since at least Code Veronica. And he most definitely has been. :)

Although to be clear I'm not trying to argue that Wesker is some kind of Neo rip, but that he's been the obviously more than human chap that he appears to be in RE5 since at least Code Veronica. And he most definitely has been. :(

Yes, but i've already agreed with that notion.

Y'know what? I played this yesterday. Y'know what else? It was a lot clunkier than it should have been. It feels more like controlling a vehicle (like the frozen lake bit in gears 2) than it does controlling a person. However, Resi 4 felt really weird at first, so I'm still confident it'll be fine. Fingers crossed.

Am I right in thinking that the 'place it all started' in the trailer is where they got the original plants from to create the original T-Virus?

I might get a decent run at this one as well, a week or so after it's released the wife is going home to Australia for the 3 weeks and taking the nipper with her!

Am I right in thinking that the 'place it all started' in the trailer is where they got the original plants from to create the original T-Virus?

I think it means human life in general. I'm guessing there'll be a twist where the virus turns out to be older than humanity and actually reverts us to our 'proper' state our something typically crazy and Resident Evil.

It's got nowt to do with the T-virus anyway, has it? I thought it was about the Plagos thingies again.

Both apparently. This is supposed to be about the origin of the T-Virus but then it also continues from RE4 with (RE4 ending spoiler)

Ada taking the sample for Wesker (That's what happened at the end right?)

. I recall some interview with the producers saying it has enemies both old and new in it.

Has anyone been able to try the PS3 version? Are there any impressions about?

It's a bit like with the GameCube->PS2 port of Resi 4, with the GC-rendered cutscenes due to the PS2 engine not being up to scratch. Except they couldn't get the game to run at all, so they just filmed someone playing through the game on the 360 and put it on BluRayTM 1080TrueHDTM.

Or- no, I haven't.