Resident Evil 5- 360/PS3

stellar12

Am I right in thinking that the 'place it all started' in the trailer is where they got the original plants from to create the original T-Virus?

I might get a decent run at this one as well, a week or so after it's released the wife is going home to Australia for the 3 weeks and taking the nipper with her!

My understanding is that it's the origin of the Progenitor Virus, which is what all of Umbrella's viruses, T-Virus included, stemmed from.

It's got nowt to do with the T-virus anyway, has it? I thought it was about the Plagos thingies again.

In Resi 5, TriCell, in league with Wesker, are experimenting with mixing T-Virus and Las Plagas to create some unholy uber B.O.W.

That's what I've been able to gather, anyway.

The thing I'm most looking forward to is the close quarters stuff, all the punches and kicks etc. From the videos they seem to have made all that stuff even more kinetic. Where's that gif of Chris punching that chap in the face?

He definitely packs a punch, but I'd say the implementation is a bit frustrating.

There are times when you'll wade in after making an enemy stumble, and the QTE button prompt won't pop up. Other times it will. It takes a while to be able to read when you've sufficiently stunned an enemy to melee attack them, and it's not always consistent.

It would be nice if the close quarters combat was something you could do without the enemy being in a particular stunned pose

Yeah and let's make Chris a helicopter! Let's make the zombies wear shades! No seriously they'd be ace.

the best one was the one in RE4 when you kicked the flying mantis things very hard in the face. Beautiful.

Nah the best was being killed by one of those things and watching Leon's face melt away. Gorgeous.

Yeah and let's make Chris a helicopter! Let's make the zombies wear shades! No seriously they'd be ace.

Hey! You get to kill at least ONE zombie with shades, I did it in the demo!

I had to stop playing the superior PS2 version of RE4 just now because it was well 'clunky'.

clunk

Im having a pop at the PC port of that version and I want to gauge my eyes out. I do however have a 1.75 gig patch downloading. Which I feel is not so much a patch, but more the best bits of the game, like in game cinematics and you know, pretty graphics.

Using the keyboard as both sticks is interesting though. Mouse support is balls.

Been playing the demo for a few hours now. All great except the fact that Sheva sticks to you like some stuttering stalker.

She's a great character but you really need to be able to tell her what to do, like 'stick with me,' 'hide in a bin' or just ignore her completely while she goes off like Dom in Gears.

An optional second character in co-op's fine, but a compulsory one in single-player can get annoying. While I was wondering around the shanty towns it was like being on holiday somewhere great and having an annoying lonely tourist following me around so I couldn't fully enjoy the experience.

I'm still getting it on day one playing it to death. I presume she isn't welded to your side for the entire game?

i'd imagine she would be since it's the character the co-op partner plays as.

Surely the answer is to just play it co-op, then you don't have to worry about clunky AI partners.

I have no desire to play a game like this in co-op though. Co-op works great in some games, like Left 4 Dead, but in a game like this I like being able to take my time and hunt for treasure and look round everywhere properly. Maybe spend 15 seconds admiring a particularly nice view or something. I don't really want someone on the other side of a headset talking to me while I play through it for the first time, it kills the immersion. In co-op I always feel like I'm forced to consider the other person. Where are they? Do they want to look for treasure with me or are they getting impatient and want to press on? I remember playing through Halo 3 in co-op with a friend and it just pissed me off. I couldn't get into the game because I was trying to talk to him all the time so as not to appear ignorant and he would go running off and I'd feel compelled to follow him instead of doing what I wanted. And that's in a game which isn't really at all about storyline or exploration.

Sheva's AI isn't terrible but the fact that I have died in the demo as a result of her not getting out of the fucking way makes me apprehensive. And I just don't like the way you'll enter a room with her and she'll go running round the room hoovering up ammo. Let me explore it first bitch.

Yeah, Resi 4 is about feeling all powerful and awesome, like you've just had bull testosterone injected into your scrote.

I have no qualms about admitting that would make me feel anything but powerful and awesome.

I have no desire to play a game like this in co-op though. Co-op works great in some games, like Left 4 Dead, but in a game like this I like being able to take my time and hunt for treasure and look round everywhere properly. Maybe spend 15 seconds admiring a particularly nice view or something. I don't really want someone on the other side of a headset talking to me while I play through it for the first time, it kills the immersion. In co-op I always feel like I'm forced to consider the other person. Where are they? Do they want to look for treasure with me or are they getting impatient and want to press on? I remember playing through Halo 3 in co-op with a friend and it just pissed me off. I couldn't get into the game because I was trying to talk to him all the time so as not to appear ignorant and he would go running off and I'd feel compelled to follow him instead of doing what I wanted. And that's in a game which isn't really at all about storyline or exploration.

Sheva's AI isn't terrible but the fact that I have died in the demo as a result of her not getting out of the fucking way makes me apprehensive. And I just don't like the way you'll enter a room with her and she'll go running round the room hoovering up ammo. Let me explore it first bitch.

You are me and I claim my £10.

I thought Halo 3 co-op over live would be the best thing ever, but I was sorely mistaken for the reasons you posit.

What?? Play with some people who like the same looking about/getting immersed/whatever then. Didn't ruin my Halo 3 coop playthrough. Or Gears. Or Left 4 Dead. etc etc.

Unless you have no friends who like games for the same reason you do. In which case I'm sorry :wub:

I can only play really dedicated co op games like this will be with really good friends where you don't need to second guess yourself if you're not playing at a certain pace or something. I'll go through it with Xib and we'd never rush each other on if one of us stops to inventory manage or stop for treasure and stuff. Theres also going to be the awesome fights where we cover and help each other. I can't wait for it actually.

It's a change in gameplay that will detriment some but really add a new exciting spin for others like me.

I'm Majora too.

What I'd like would be a version similar to the easy/normal difficulty in RE4. But not. In RE4, when you dropped the difficulty level the game skipped certain sections (I remember when I whizzing through the PS2 on easy to unlock Assignment Ada and was shocked when chunks of the game were missing - no maze fight, no knight fight). I'd be happy if Capcom said if you play on normal you've got Sheva with you but if you play on easy then the sections that 100% require a second player would be removed or doctored in some way so as to make them playable as a single player.

I don't think I object to Sheva and I'm sure the AI will work 99% of the time, but it's the fact that I don't have a choice on whether to take her with me or not, that I dislike.

Absolutely 100% spot on.

What?? Play with some people who like the same looking about/getting immersed/whatever then. Didn't ruin my Halo 3 coop playthrough. Or Gears. Or Left 4 Dead. etc etc.

Unless you have no friends who like games for the same reason you do. In which case I'm sorry :(

Left 4 Dead is different, the whole point is teamwork and sticking together. For me, even if I'm playing with someone who plays games in a similar manner, I still feel like I'm second guessing what they want to do the whole time. And I just don't want to be talking to someone during my first playthrough, the same way I wouldn't want to be chatting to people during my first Zelda playthrough or my first Half-Life 2 playthrough or whatever.

I'm not opposed to the idea of playing it through a second time in co-op, that's a bit different. But the first time through, no.