IGNORED

Hundred Reasons

Mrweh

The other night I saw the fantastic British rock group Hundred Reasons at some small pub in Exeter. It was the first time I'd ever seen a band that I really like in such a small venue; capacity was only 220.

Seeing an act play in such a small venue makes the whole experience so much better. The atmosphere was amazing. Not only that, but you were close enough to reach out and touch the band. At the end of my favourite song, the lead guitarist reached out and high-fived me and went "Yeah!".

Yeah, he high-fived ME. Amazing.

So... yeah, I'm still buzzing off the evening, so I thought I'd make a thread about it.

Feel free to discuss either any of the following:

- Hundred Reasons

- Watching bands play in small venues

Seeing Caesars & Subways live at London ULLU. Probably only 300/400 people there. Met Billy & Charlotte from the Subs, and elmo pulled down the lead singer of the Caesars and hugged him off the stage! It was class!!!!!!!!!

Buzzing about for weeks after that!!

I saw them support Muse about 3-4 years ago and they remain the shittest live band I've ever seen.

Yeah... but you've got rubbish taste in music.

Therefore if you say they're shit -----> they're actually good.

I also saw them support Muse back in 2001, and they were rubbish. Muse weren't much better. This was however partly due to the fact that they were playing the Corn Exchange in Edinburgh, which is a shocking gig venue devoid of any atmosphere whatsoever.

Hundred Reasons are great, and especially good live. I've seen them live three times (all small venues - I don't do big ones), and I'd say one of those times was probably the best gig I've ever been to, and the other's came pretty close, too.

They're really tight live, and give it their all not matter how many people turn up, and really connect with the audience as well.

I wasn't too impressed with either of their studio albums though - they didn't quite manage to capture the feeling of their live act. Their live album pisses all over the studio ones, even if it is basically a bootleg.

I've seen them live three times (all small venues - I don't do big ones), and I'd say one of those times was probably the best gig I've ever been to, and the other's came pretty close, too.

Out of interest, who else have you seen live?

I haven't seen them, but I've seen Million Dead live, who's name I keep getting mixed up with Hundred Reasons, for some annoying reason.

Million Dead are shit btw.

Probably because both band's names have two words, and the first word is a number which is a power of ten.