Nintendo World

Harmunt

GAME don't have hi-definition plasmas and surround sound setups to demo games though. I went into a store in New York two years ago which did that, it was very impressive. It certainly shows up places like Dixons where they hook up plasma screens with composite cables.

If retailers like GAME and Virgin made this kind of effort instead of presenting the customer with

cluttered, unorganised shelves

piles of damaged preowned games

non-working demo pods

a one in twenty chance of the game you're looking for actually being sold by the store

they might actually sell more games to enthusiasts and impulse buyers alike.

Funnily enough, I thought it would be cool if some of the games shops had PSP "docking stations" with chargers, where you could put in a quid and charge your machine, as well as being able to play multiplayer demos of games (ie the stations would be in groups of 4 or 6).

What do you mean?

You're planning a holiday to a shop?

Of course not. I make a point of visiting New York every 5 years and it just so happens that this is the year...

I'll simply let the missus loose whilst I browse around for a few hours.

Funnily enough, I thought it would be cool if some of the games shops had PSP "docking stations" with chargers, where you could put in a quid and charge your machine, as well as being able to play multiplayer demos of games (ie the stations would be in groups of 4 or 6).

How long does a PSP take to charge?

The DS takes ages, no way could you do that in a shop.

Of course not. I make a point of visiting New York every 5 years and it just so happens that this is the year...

Her: Macy's and all that bollocks

Him: The arcade on 42nd

what the fuck are ou going to browse though?

Its just a shop. Its not like its full of super rare stuff you've not seen cheaper elsewhere...

madness

1. I'm going to New York

2. Nintendo World is situated there

3. I'm visiting it

Anyone else here have a problem with that?

Jesus, we can discuss the current state of the latest Gamestation or GAME refit until the cows come home, but mention a one off store like Nintendo World on a GAMES forum...

Its just a shop. Its not like its full of super rare stuff you've not seen cheaper elsewhere...

madness

There's a museum of sorts there with examples of past Nintendo hardware, including some of the really obscure (to the west, at least) stuff like the Famicom Disk Drive, and all of the limited edition GBA SPs.

Guest Wobbufett
Everything they sell can be bought in GAME.  And more.

Actually. You'll only be able to download exclusive Pokemon only from that store. Which as far as world-wide events go, beats GAME.

madness

Thought they were supposed to have demos of games not released.

Sureley, if zelda is on display/play, and I am in New York, a visit would be indeed worth my while.

I was there a couple of weeks ago. They were sold out of the majority of stuff unfortunately (we went right after 4th of July - where they got cleaned out). The store was a bit smaller than I was expecting!

Aside from the usual expected GBA/DS/GC software, they had a range of clothing (ranging from t shirts up to smarter dressy-stlye stuff). Nintendo branded dominoes, as well as those dinky Tomy remote control cars (in Mario or Yoshi flavours). They also had a few little museum pieces in glass casing in the middle of the 1st floor:

http://img202.imageshack.us/my.php?image=avs8kf.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=avskeyboard4lz.jpg

http://img202.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gbazelda4ud.jpg

Oh - no unreleased demos to play.. and no DS download demos either. Shame :/