Favourite Soundtracks?

Klatrymadon

I snapped up Amiga Immortal 1 and 2 myself when they first came out - to be honest it's a bit of a mixed bag. With some of the tracks you feel like some real care and attention has gone into modernising them - with others you wonder why they bothered.

The one I was most looking forward to was Andrew Barnabas' remake of the SWIV title theme, but I was ultimately very disappointed - the original had real impact, and in many ways I still like it - but the remake sounds hollow and discordant. Shame, really.

For remakes, I can thoroughly recommend Reyn Ouwehand's C64-remake albums "Nexus 6581" and "Galway Remixed" - now these are examples of how to remake old music well :lol:

M;.

• 4 weeks later...

The long-gestating Chrono Trigger Symphonic project has finally borne fruit, and rather juicy it is, too:

http://chrono.ocremix.org/

Might be better to download individual files rather than the torrent in this case as the torrent includes a flac version of the album, which makes the whole thing five times bigger.

As someone who really loves classical rearrangements and hard rock rearrangements this is quite a treat.

• 2 weeks later...
The long-gestating Chrono Trigger Symphonic project has finally borne fruit, and rather juicy it is, too:

http://chrono.ocremix.org/

Might be better to download individual files rather than the torrent in this case as the torrent includes a flac version of the album, which makes the whole thing five times bigger.

As someone who really loves classical rearrangements and hard rock rearrangements this is quite a treat.

:) at the twatty "open a new popup window to access each file" website, especially when the server appears to be dying on its arse.

Much as I appreciate your uploading of tunage. Could you please type a description or reasoning for posting the said tunage, as some sort of encouragement for me to actually listen to them. Thanks :)

That particular one is the Minibosses 'Brass' album. The usual remixes, but pretty good stuff. I'm more of a Mint Jam man meself :huh:

Ah, it's been renamed. It's "Elf-Titled" by The Advantage. :unsure:

Could you please type a description or reasoning for posting the said tunage, as some sort of encouragement for me to actually listen to them.

It's Minibosses. And The Advantage. :rolleyes:

I just posted 'em for people who're still waiting for their CDs, or don't have DC++.

I can upload the Xchange2R stuff for the Mint Jam fans, if you'd like.

I've found a Metal Slug 4 rip, will Senditup when I wake up. Currently downloading...

Ah yes, the Slug series has some excellent music: the first level on 4, the second on 3, the first on 2, the mission 5 music in X when you're in the underground railway bit...aah...