Crisp Sandwich Combinations

Matt G

I don't know if this is something that lots of people do or something from my childhood that I really should have given up by now. But I don't really care, adding crisps to sandwiches is great! :unsure:

I think my all time most popular combination is tuna and sweetcorn sandwich with McCoys Salt and Vinegar crisps. Used to buy this massive roll thing from Tescos all the time during uni, don't seem to do it anymore though :) Can any crisps beat McCoys in this respect? I've tried Kettle chips but they're a bit too crunchy for adding to sandwiches in my opinion. Post your combinations (or tell me I'm a weirdo).

I used to like crisps in sandwiches cos they made them a bit more exciting, but now I only eat sandwhiches that I really like. I cant really imagine putting crisps in my subway for example :unsure:

I've got nothing against it tho :)

Seabrooks crisps are the best for sandwiches. Trufax!

Heh, they're so retro it hurts, haven't tried them in a sandwich though. I'd have thought they'd be fairly similar to McCoys though. Are their salt and vinegar flavour nice and strong?

I can agree with not putting them in a subway with loads of salad etc. but some sandwiches aren't necessarily bad without crisps but they can just add something extra. You shouldn't deny yourself the pleasure.

Also at school did anyone else used to get a bag of crisps at break time, crush them all up and mix them up with your friends crisps (about 3-4 different flavours is good) then share them back out obv, it tasted a bit like fried eggs.

McCoys hurt my teeth.

Ah yeah, one thing about McCoys is they can be a little inconsistent, you might get a good packet that's got just about the right crispyness and then other days they're harder than Kettle Chips and not in a good way.

Ah yeah, one thing about McCoys is they can be a little inconsistent, you might get a good packet that's got just about the right crispyness and then other days they're harder than Kettle Chips and not in a good way.

Aye, and the flavouring is all over the show too - one day can be beefy finger-licking heaven, and the next, a veritable whisper of meaty powder.

Also at school did anyone else used to get a bag of crisps at break time, crush them all up and mix them up with your friends crisps (about 3-4 different flavours is good)  then share them back out obv,  it tasted a bit like fried eggs.

<_<

Just... ;)

Also at school did anyone else used to get a bag of crisps at break time, crush them all up and mix them up with your friends crisps (about 3-4 different flavours is good)  then share them back out obv,  it tasted a bit like fried eggs.

Errr no.

I hate crushed up crisps, just makes the pointless.

However as a child my friend and I would eat crisps off the playground floor.

In my defence, we were about 6, and could never get enough crisps.