In Big Trouble....whats The Most You've

Dimahoo

I usually spend £200-£300 a month, depending on what's out, but I'll be buying a new laptop this month, so I'll attempt to cut down for a while after that.

Incidentally, you know that thread at the start of the year where people were saying they would only buy one game a month? Did anyone actually manage to stick to it?

I don't actually spend too much on games, however I did manage to dwindle away £200 on DS games/ accessories (I had to have Meteos/Kirby/Electroplankton!).

Most of what I waste on games is time. I am becoming increasingly aware at the sheer amount of time I spend playing games.

Yet I do nothing about it.

Ho Hum.

I don't actually spend too much on games, however I did manage to dwindle away £200 on DS games/ accessories (I had to have Meteos/Kirby/Electroplankton!).

Most of what I waste on games is time. I am becoming increasingly aware at the sheer amount of time I spend playing games.

Yet I do nothing about it.

Ho Hum.

When I played Star Wars Galaxies in ten hour stints every night I couldn't help but notice there were members of my guild who were always online when I logged on, and still there when I logged out :wacko:

Console launches are a bitch, aren't they?

The most I've spent was at the launch of Xbox, it must have been somewhere near £500 by the end of the month. It was a bitter pill to swallow when the price cut came ONE month later.

What an idiot!

Looking back, I realise that was a bloody stupid amount of money to spend and it's something I'm never doing again. If you have that sort of disposable income to spend every month then fine. If, however, you're spending that sort of money at the expense of paying off bills or debts then you're a complete idiot.

The days of spending hoards of cash on games is, for me, over.

The next-generation of consoles can wait.

All PS2.....apart from the two standout games...

Mushimeshama Ltd Edition   

Rez x 2     

Ico

Klonoa Gregorys  Horror Show 

Gitaroo man x 2     

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 

ZOE2   

Amplitude

SkyGunner

Parappa the rapper 2 

Pikmin 2 (GC) 

Space Channel 5

Phantom Brave

La Pucelle : Tactics   

Paper Mario (GC)

Space Channel 5.2

Freak Out.

I might add i will be playing all these games - and some of the games are those i'd already bought and sold earlier.

3 of those were around the £50 quid mark alone (Mushi, Ico and SC 5.2) - but i'm expecting great things.

You were sooooo ripped off.

Console launches are a bitch, aren't they?

The most I've spent was at the launch of Xbox, it must have been somewhere near £500 by the end of the month. It was a bitter pill to swallow when the price cut came ONE month later.

The next-generation of consoles can wait.

I didn't want to pay £400 for a PAL Saturn unless Daytona was arcade perfect. Fortunately it wasn't. So I waited a year and picked up a used one for £150, and then paid ACE Consoles £100 for a same day multi region switching.

I never buy a console day one now, apart from the GBA SP because it was only £80 and I had a catalogue of GBA Games already. I sold myOriginal GBA for £50 a month before the release of the SP to offset the cost. So that was cheap.

I just blew two grand on a PC, pretty much solely so I could play Half Life 2.

I'm pretty sure it was just about worth it  :wub:

I've just spent £400 to do exactly the same thing. Starting to worry that I've spent £1600 too little and it's gonna chug now though! :)

I guess the most I spent was around £300 when I got my import Cube and a couple of games, but, other than that, I don't think I've broke £200 in a month ever, including console purchases. I usually wait a while, and then get them in a deal.

I do think that this gen, I'll pick up a Revolution as soon as I can though, depending on when it's actually launched. (Just after I finish Uni, I hope). I've never picked up a console at launch before (Cube was the closest, one month after launch.) and somehow feel like I'm missing out. So, next year, it's a US Rev for whatever the cost.

I've never picked up a console at launch before (Cube was the closest, one month after launch.) and somehow feel like I'm missing out. So, next year, it's a US Rev for whatever the cost.

The only consoles I've ever got at launch are the Cube and the DS. Neither had any launch games that I was itching to play, but the price was right so I went for it.

If the Revolution has a decent launch price then I'll probably get it at launch but it's going to be different with the 360 and PS3. Even if the 360 launches as low as £200, there's still the price of a game on top of that and £250 - £260 is too much for me at launch.

The only consoles I've ever got at launch are the Cube and the DS. Neither had any launch games that I was itching to play, but the price was right so I went for it.

If the Revolution has a decent launch price then I'll probably get it at launch but it's going to be different with the 360 and PS3. Even if the 360 launches as low as £200, there's still the price of a game on top of that and £250 - £260 is too much for me at launch.

I'm fully expecting it to be expensive and launch with only two decent games, themselves at stupid prices.

But I haven't had that "I'm playing this half decent racing game with amazing pixel shader filters before all of my mates" feeling that a socially repressed inadequete such as myself craves. I need to feel thier jealousy, even if it's only until they get to play the console themselves and realise it's rubbish.

The most I've spent was the at the PS2 launch.

PS2: £300

2 extra controllers: £50

PS2 multi-tap: £29

SSX: £40

Timesplitters: £40

Memory Card: £30

Total: £489

End result, total disappiontment and nearly a year for some real good games. Never again.

wasnt that bad really this month. Saying that for last couple months i have not bought much...

Oddworld Strangers Wrath £10

San Andreas PS2 £10

Gran Turismo 4 £10

Frequency £7

Wipeout Pure £18

So less than £60 really. And three of those i havent even played yet!

Been buying more dvds, mind this month.