IGNORED

The Official Xbox 360 Thread

Spunky Monkey

Well, i've finally got round to unpacking my 360 and giving it a whirl. 2 crashes in the firs 10 minutes or so. Hmm, not sure i'm impressed so far.

mine hasn't crashed once since last Fri. maybe it's symtomatic of the HD as i've heard similar reports from other users. whatever, that's not right.

I think its rather obvious that machines have problems when they come with codes and signals for faliures. The xbox had them too of course but no other machine comes to my mind as having them. Your mega drive either worked or it didnt, your playstation either worked or it didnt, your gameboy either worked or it didnt. The machine never came up with multiple errors for multiple problems. Of course machines are getting more and more complex over time and maybe this is a natrual progression.

Kerraig might want to call up MS just to get the ball rolling sooner rather than later in case it gets worse, of course the machine could just be getting settled, being stuck in cold warehouses probably doesnt do the machines any good.

My 360 didn't crash at all until I purchased the WiFi adaptor. Since then if I press the RoL button when a game is doing any loading it locks up about 50 percent of the time and has to be powered down.

I now don't touch the menus if something is loading which is a shame as it was a great time for music changes in PGR3.

And the Sony thing.

Yawdib you n00b, I'd have loved the Play and Charge kit. :P

Are they rare? :(

Anyway yeah, I put it up on eBay with a reserve of £500 and got £540. I'm not really expecting to get one tomorrow, I didn't think I'd have a chance till the new year. I didn't sell because I wasn't enjoying it, PGR3 was excellent, I just wanted to see if I could make any money out of it from the stupid prices they are (or were) going for. Being able to pick another up tomorrow morning would be great, hopefully I'll be able to get a VGA cable this time...

Are they rare? :wub:

Anyway yeah, I put it up on eBay with a reserve of £500 and got £540. I'm not really expecting to get one tomorrow, I didn't think I'd have a chance till the new year. I didn't sell because I wasn't enjoying it, PGR3 was excellent, I just wanted to see if I could make any money out of it from the stupid prices they are (or were) going for. Being able to pick another up tomorrow morning would be great, hopefully I'll be able to get a VGA cable this time...

Considering the crazy eBay fees you'll be charged, and the fact CEX give £500 cash for the Premium £31+ each for the games and the Play and Charge kit is worth a fair bit due to rarity, you could have made more really.